It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 civilians killed in Ramadi AirStrike by U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Can you say another "Failure"

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

AT least 13 people were killed in an air assault by US forces on a house in Iraq's restive city of Ramadi today, medics said.

"US planes bombed a house in Aziziyah area of Ramadi city centre, killing 13 civilians," Ali al-Obeidi, a medic at the Ramadi hospital sais, adding that four people were wounded.

The US military confirmed it had conducted the assault but did not give casualty figures.

Last month, US marines waged a fierce firefight with rebels who attacked government headquarters in Ramadi with car bombs, rockets and machine guns.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not a surprise at all.

Whether intentionally or not, it is still atrocious. To those people whose lives are shattered (or lost) by these "smart-bombs" I really doubt that they even care of it was an accident. The woman who loses her baby to an off-course cruise-missile probably isn't that concerned with "liberty" and "freedom". How can we, as America, presume to decide which civilians live to enjoy this "liberty" and which ones are sacrificed for a supposed "righteous cause"?

When I was growing up... I might do something like break a lamp horsing around in the living-room or knocking a tail-light out on my father's car. Of course, I would be repremanded and punished for it but my response would be something like "I'm sorry, it was an accident. I didn't MEAN to do it!" And you know what my father would tell me? He'd say: "Son, you assume the consequences of your actions."

We may not be purposely targeting innocent civilians... but we ARE killing them.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can already see the responses.

That's just collateral damage.
This is war, people die.
They were probably insurgents, relatives of insurgents, or hiding/funding/aiding insurgents.

Or something along those lines...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.gulf-times.com...

Insurgent bombings ftw! I love how people complain endlessly if a Coalition soldier ends up killing or injuring someone, and yet when Iraqis kill each other hand over fist every day, they don't bat an eye.

DE

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
www.gulf-times.com...

Insurgent bombings ftw! I love how people complain endlessly if a Coalition soldier ends up killing or injuring someone, and yet when Iraqis kill each other hand over fist every day, they don't bat an eye.

DE

What the Iraqis are doing as far as killing each other is barbaric and repulsive. Embarassment to the human race.

But I'm a tad more worried about what American soldiers are doing, in my name (as an American taxpayer). Some of my money, which I work hard for, is being spent on an incredibly expensive war. Aside from politics, I want that money to be spent as efficiently as possible. I also want this war, being fought with my money (in principle) to be fought in as morally acceptable a way as possible. I don't accept that "civilian deaths are a part of war. War is hell." If that is truly a normal and acceptable result of war, then I refuse to support war as a viable option AT ALL. We have NO RIGHT to conduct operations, KNOWING that we are going to kill civilians but accepting it. That is effectively choosing who lives and who dies. And especially considering that we are foreigners, we are pretty arrogant to be doing the things we're doing over there.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

First up: Welcome to ATS MRGERBIK! Good to see brand new members making posts, you may want to head over to the Introductions forum and formally introduce yourself. And of course after that you should spend some time in the very informative ATS Freshman's forum and learn about how things are done here so we all can enjoy your posts to the fullest of their potential!

Ok, on to your post:

That’s quite a bit of embellishment there now isn’t it? "...Can you say another "Failure"..." Wow, so explicit and informative. And such a talent for backing up your argument, did you debate in school?

If your going to embellish, I suggest creating an argument to back yourself up. For example: What other failures specifically? Proof? Sources? In which way is this incident a failure like the others you are eluding too? What information do you have that proves this is in fact a failure other than your obscure Australian source?

You have plans to post about non "failures" as well? Or do you have an agenda? I read your other posts since you subscribed (2 days ago) and it seams you do in fact have an agenda against the USA.

Heck, I have an agenda, but I do my best to back it up and explain it. Maybe you should try the same?

[edit on 4-5-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

www.gulf-times.com...

DE

If you really believe that you made a difference in killing 13 people with your this rhetoric. (which is quickly burning to cinders minute by *crushing* minute, i might add) Then you are truly in a hallucinatory state. I deplore all violence for the record. And it's a little different than a fist fight when you bomb *13* people. You would be crying in outrage if that happened to your city and citizens,DeusEx. YOU would be outraged but for a iraqi citizen to be outraged somehow it's meaningless. Afterall it's a righteous war because you say it is. So I guess we should stop discussing civilian killings by air raids. No somehow I think the blood on our hands as a western civilization isn't gonna wash off on this one.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Then you are truly in a hallucinatory state. I deplore all violence for the record. And it's a little different than a fist fight when you bomb *13* people. You would be crying in outrage if that happened to your city and citizens,DeusEx. YOU would be outraged but for a iraqi citizen to be outraged somehow it's meaningless. Afterall it's a righteous war because you say it is. So I guess we should stop discussing civilian killings by air raids. No somehow I think the blood on our hands as a western civilization isn't gonna wash off on this one.

"...You would be crying in outrage if that happened to your city and citizens,DeusEx..."

Tisk tisk tisk Mr Gerbik

You may want to post about this air strike, I am suprised you missed it seeing how you detest civilian casualties so much:

Al Qaeda kills over 2800 civilian Americans in Air Strike, including children, elderly, and women

Or did you forget about that one? Or maybe those civilians dont bother you so much? Or maybe those dont fit your agenda...

Oh yes, almost forgot: Seeing how you are such a protector of the people, ill be looking forward to the 1000's of other posts you must be in the process of writing complaining about all of the civilians throughout the world that get killed each day by some government or group other than these 13 at the hands of the US...

[edit on 4-5-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

13 civilians killed in Ramadi AirStrike by U.S.

Here's a thought: How about send a memogram to the insurgents and tell them that they need to stop hiding and/or utilizing tactics that involve them being embedded among civilains when they decide to fight/engage U.S. and Iraqi troops, you think? Btw, how many civilains did the insurgents kill or does your news sources cover that aspect? Does your selected news sources cover these, as well? All done by those Ramadi "insurgents":
4 Iraqi soldiers publicly executed by insurgents in Ramadi

More like "Success," to me.
U.S.: Ramadi battle kills 100-plus insurgents
U.S., Iraqi Forces Fight Ramadi Insurgents

seekerof

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

www.gulf-times.com...

DE

I was thinking the same thing. At least every other day on CNN.com somewhere in the headlines you will read about some fundamentalist Muslim blowing people up with a bomb.....(and they wonder why they were mocked with a drawing of Mohammed with a bomb turbin).

But......I also think we need to get out of the Mid-East. They're doing a good enough job killing eachother. They don't need us over there lending a hand. Their "Us Killing Us" mentality will save us lots of money and wasted effort. They don't need the USA in their country to create mayhem and destruction, they're doing a good enough job themselves.

top topics

join