It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what big brother will look like

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I got home from school yesterday and got the mail. I had gotten this months issue of popular mechanics. On the cover was what appeared to be a swat team... I read the article and found that these are the new newyork "counterterrorists" new york is the testing groundfor these supercops. To me it still looks like a swat team but I wonder as to the purpose. I can see someone getting dragged off for some comment they made by these people. As for weaponry they use apparently M4's submachineguns (probably MP5s) and short barreled combat shottguns. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Intersting, can you find a link to it online perhaps on popular mechanics website, I have not heard about these guys? Also, M4 is a type of rifle very different from an MP5. MP5 is a submachinegun, an M4 is a shorter barelled assault rifle. the "short barreled combat shotguns" you are talking about are used to breach doors, at least one member of any CQB team will carry one and be trained to force through a door with one.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is the cover for the May 2006 issue of Popular Mechanics. Are you sure you have the correct info?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
This is the cover for the May 2006 issue of Popular Mechanics. Are you sure you have the correct info?

More then likely he is viewing the June issue since most subscriptions get the month in advance...

When does each issue of Popular Mechanics get mailed out?
Popular Mechanics is published every month so you'll receive twelve (12) issues per year. On-sale dates for monthly magazines are generally one month prior to the current issue. For example, the June 2000 issue of Popular Mechanics went on sale May 9, 2000.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'll post it for you, but yeah, so your saying the goverment could go "Big Brother" to possible future "Gastepo" type stuff. Pure speculation of chorse. Is this the cover?

I don't read Popular Machenics, I just usually come on here to learn about that stuff, since so many people of all ages on here read the magazine.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just a clarifacation

first off I said M4's on the cover but then the magazine article said submachineguns and my mind jumped to the commonly used mp5 smg then they said short barreled shotguns KK

then No that was not the article I was thinking of it was very recent and showed two or three guys dressed in black with black helmets with visors holding M4's with red dot sights (the kind without a tube) and I believe there was a helecopter in the background. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go on a google earth hunt for the building they use as an hq which the magazine described as a 2 story red brick building.

oh and I posted this because they look like the steriotypical modern gestapo police and they are like everyday swat.

[edit on 5/11/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
NYC has, for a little while now, had special police units called Hercules Squads. They are heavily armoured and heavily armed, they are part psyhologicla detterent/reassurance.

Big Brother won't look like a guy with a gun.

It will look like this.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Big brother has many faces both physical and digital/electronic. All coming together in one finale is its true form.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Big Brother will take the whatever form you choose to associate Him with.

Those who live in fear and speculation will see the domineering authority figure to keep them in line.

Those who are at peace with themselves and the Order will see a friend and a protector.

SMILE FOR THE CAMERAS!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
itll take away more freedom, probly used to put normal people in order and not just terrorism.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is the article from the issue the thread starter is talking about. they finally put it online

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
interesting, i ask you this... Do you believe it when they say "its about scaring the right people" or do you think they are using it as a way to introduce order. Im waiting for these type of units to be introduced in the UK, it'll happen eventually.

FF

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Whats up-

Here is the cover picture of the issue the author was speaking of.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Personally, these guys look scarier to me.

French police snipers.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
when you mention scary you are exactly right... the more fear the better. I find it weird how they take pictures of french snipers (scary ones) in what appears to be action. Its all about the fear, bit by bit.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
snipers have to be scary... think about it... a bullet out of nowhere... always scary... if not then their a just a crappy rifleman... I dont compare the same thing... its the fact that they are relatively normal...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Eyespy has a bit in this month's issue on that
img
eyespymag.com...

main
eyespymag.com...

btw its a UK/US mag sold in borders and would assume barnes!

enjoi!

[edit on 28-5-2006 by 32genroman]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Actually - I think those snipers look sexy.

Sexy men with sexy guns.

*sigh*

Too bad they have problems with intimacy.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
what big brother WILL look like?
or what big brother looks like.

peace

dalen

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
good point... but the thing is is that the article said it was limited to ny (for america)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join