It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 2142

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm at colonel silver so far...

Last night I managed to kill 20 some odd enemies in a row before finally getting killed myself. Man, were they pissed off... they kept accusing me of cheating. lol. I don't cheat, but thanks for the compliment.

Usually I am assault class. Voss + Defib + Rockets.

If I'm defending the titan I'm recon with carbine + demo pack + APM

If it's a wide open map, thats when I go for engineer if I'm expecting to find alot of vehicles, or support if I'm not expecting armor... but thats rare, so I'm usually engineer. Large anti-tank cannon + rollermine + diffuser.

But like I said, most common kit for me is the assault class.

Oh, and I just LOVE ejecting from the titan, and taking out enemy aircraft with my drop pod on my way down... they get so pissed off at that.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've just bought the deluxe version of the game, with the Northern strike booster pack. I don't think I've ever had so much trouble trying to get a game to work. After installing the game, I was eager to play it, unfortunately the game refused to run, complaining that some emulation software has been detected.
I tried Windows XP, XP 64 and Vista and it still refused to run.

I then went to EA games website to search for help. So I started to create an account so that I can log in and try and find a solution to my problem. Then for some stupid reason, it refused my email address, claiming that it was already in use.
So I decided to create a new MS hotmail email address and use that instead. I then had the same problem again, claiming my email address has already been used.

In the end I decided to do some googling and see if anyone else had the same problem. Thankfully I found a solution, even though it took me most of the day. I came across this article, whereby apparently lots of people are having the same problems.

news.filefront.com...
www.digitalbattle.com...
forums.electronicarts.co.uk...

EA apparently don't give a s***, but what's new.

Anyway here's the solution.

www.securom.com...

Download and upgrade the game to 1.50 if you haven't already and then copy over the new bf2142.exe file. The game should now run, enabling you to create an account within the game. You then use the same details to create an account at the EA games forum and use this account to register the serial number of the Northern Strike Booster pack. Hopefully you'll now be able to play the game.

I've only just started playing this game and I'm pretty hopeless at it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
yeah securom is nazi.

almost as bad and starforce

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Tell me about it. It's supposed to stop pirates, but just ends up being a pain for those who buy the originals. I bought lost planet colonies a while back and after installing, I went to play the game and it refused to run saying "please insert original dvd" wtf, it is the original.
Thankfully I got it working, but only after downloading the crack off gamecopyworld which bypasses the securom protection. Why do they even bother.

I prefer starforce to securom, at least starforce doesn't screw up your computer and try and kill daemon tools or any other image applications you might have installed.

I've just bought Fallout 3 and after installing that I got an an error about avifil32.dll not being found. Now it happens every time I launch a game that uses securom. It's truly a pain in the ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join