It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 2142

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What the hill can I say...apart from 2142 bein one of the best wastes of time ever invented!

Originally posted by johnsky
Holy crap, screw the other clan tags, I'm going with =ATS= !!!!!!

Now that is a damn fine idea! gimme a holler if you see me and need ammo (play as support role)...citizen_smith

[edit on 7-1-2007 by timski]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Holy Crap, what graphics card/settings are you running on ?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Man I love this game.
Im almost a major silver, but damn how hard are some of the awards to get?

Im trying hard to get 30x attack and defence score IOR

Whats your best kit? or preferred kit?

Ive found that the first support gun seems to be the best for any situation.
Throw down the drone, put up a shielf, drop an ammo bag, and await in the isles in the titan and you clean up boy!

Anyways whats your preferred kit map?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Whats your best kit? or preferred kit?

Assault class with the VOSS rifle, I tend to be very medic orientated.

Anyways whats your preferred kit map?

Camp Gibraltar without a doubt!

Holy Crap, what graphics card/settings are you running on ?

Minimum setting for everything apart from render distance which I've set to max, my computer isn't exactly top notch so to avoid any lag I run everything on low, I could run a few things higher but meh, I favour game play over graphics any day.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Anyone going to be on tonight?
By tonight, I mean in the next 4 hours?
Care to join up and KICK SOME a55?

Im approaching major silver, need 500 pts ..... so anyone whom wants to team up n get some team points or assitance in gaining something else less DO IT!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, i got that message kinda late, but any other time i'm available....

I'm 30 points away from warrant officer silver, and i'm usually recon or assault class, but i'm flexible, i just don't have any unlocks for the other classes. I'm testing out the beta for the new update( V1.2) which lets you unlock the Northern Strike weapons (if you have all four unlocks in a tier already, also i'm not sure if that was supposed to happen or not, but...).

To tell you the truth (and i realize that those are not the final products) i'm kinda dissapointed with some of the weapons. I'm thinking about going back to the V1.10, because there are really only two servers to play on and only one has anybody on it.

Anyways, xX7Pan7cho7Xx is my name if anybody wants to add me.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Everyone here should visit our server, anytime. 70.86.55.50 standard port.
We have a TS server also.
I am almost always playing, beware of your dog tags, we will be to get them.

SpittinCobra.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I might just give in to the beast, that is Electronic Arts.

*sigh*

I needs another shooter.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I might just give in to the beast, that is Electronic Arts.

*sigh*

I needs another shooter.

its definatly worth it. ive played it so much that i am completely burned out on it. i played for probably 6 months every day for at least 6 hours a day after work. 12 hours straight on most weekends. nobody can touch me.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I love playing recon with the lambert and the support with the ganz. I pretty much have unlocked everything except for the shotty and sniper ~_~. I love knifing and getting the dogtags ^_^

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
wow i played battle field 2142 so cool the future online sweet u can talk if u have headphone speakers

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I've grown to hate EA, and passionately hate gamespy.

Yeah, I know what you mean about Gamespy. I loved Heat.net as my multiplayer source and Mplayer after Heat.net went down. Gamespy though is just sooo clunky and horrid.

Anywho, do you guys mind if I tag along? I'm really tired of having to use pick-up squads where people don't really cordinate at all...

I'm primarily assault specced with a HR-Baur. For being a mid to long range weapon it is rather shakey...BUT it isn't too bad.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Is anyone having trouble with the Northern Strike servers?

The levels are cool in the booster pack but I find the servers lag, if I switch to a standard 2142 server there is no problem, note its not just me, a mate on there says he gets the same issue.

edit: I can be found at Wizard42

[edit on 16-3-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So when you switch to BF2142, the same servers are listed with a lower ping than they are when you use Northern Strike?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
So when you switch to BF2142, the same servers are listed with a lower ping than they are when you use Northern Strike?

Both Northern Strike and Battlefield servers show up in the same list, on average they have the same latency on the list screen but Northern Strike servers seem to fluxuate in their latency alot more in game.

I think its just the servers, talking to people who played Battlefield 2, when a booster pack or add on pack or whatever it was started the servers were "iffy" for a while, but after a period of time they sorted them out.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
so how is the expansion pack? any good? been thinking about getting it....

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hate the engine behind BF2142. For a start, the hitboxes lag behind the players. So Aim behind people not infront.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Sometimes it reminds me of Planetside. And thats why I always try to with a ping less than 100. It really gets irritating to be shooting at someone, only to miss because you are lagging...

I just bought Northern Strike today. It's only $10 so eh, I thought I'd buy it too. Haven't tried it though.

Also, I think BF2142 is 'OK' in my book. It is entertaining, but the game is pretty buggy. It is essentially a $40 beta game...But eh, I'm not going to complain too much.

Just going to play this and wait for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I got BF2142 like 6 months before it came out, and I got really bored of it coz no-one was on online play. But now it rocks!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join