It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Morocco a part of Plato's Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Something occurred to me while researching Plato's arguments on the subject and tracing it back to the Egyptian priests that the story was supposed to originate from. This theory of different MODERN lands that are possible locations for Atlantis, is it so very far fetched? The Egyptian heiroglyph interrpreted as "island" is also, more commonly translated as "coastland". Look at the geography mentioned in the Critaeus, then compare it to the geology of Morocco. Notice the plains? Any feedback guys? I'm going to look into more similarities and see what I can find. More posts soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Atlantis research off the coast of Cyprus

Alright, here is a link to get us started. A scientist seems to have found a land mass that sank long ago during a massive earthquake. The amazing part, is that the highest peaks are still above water. He's matched the land marks of Plato's up to ninety five percent.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
Something occurred to me while researching Plato's arguments on the subject and tracing it back to the Egyptian priests that the story was supposed to originate from. This theory of different MODERN lands that are possible locations for Atlantis, is it so very far fetched? The Egyptian heiroglyph interrpreted as "island" is also, more commonly translated as "coastland". Look at the geography mentioned in the Critaeus, then compare it to the geology of Morocco. Notice the plains? Any feedback guys? I'm going to look into more similarities and see what I can find. More posts soon.

Concerning Morocco,

If you read Herodotus' histories, you'll find where he mentions the "Atlas Mountains" somewhere along the northern coast of Africa, west of Egypt, I believe. He called the inhabitants there "Atlanteans" (after the mountain range) but they lived on the mainland, and not on an island, and weren't particularly powerful or anything.

Harte

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I could dismiss Cyprus on merely one detail. If Cyprus were Atlantis which sank, the ruins should have "unusual" structures and materials such as "orichalcum," a unique alloy Plato said was used a lot in Atlantis. Also could dismiss Morocco simply because it wasn't sunk as Plato related.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Plato repeats the Gates of Hercules alot as the site for Atlantis, where Gibralter is now. There are many less known Spanish archaeologists that agree with this, and their research points to Cyprus and Malta. After researching the geographical references in Plato's arguments, Adolfo Valencia decided that Atlantis might extend as far as Malta. As to the statement about "structures", Malta and Cyprus contain some of the oldest archaeological structures yet found today. Plato says in his arguments that the info originally came from egyptian priests in Sais, formerly NEAR Alexandria. Two mummies were recently found in Cadiz. One is a man and the other a woman with her hands crossed over her chest in the Egyptian fashion. On the same note, divers have discovered Egyptian tombs in the Straits of Gibraltar which say at the very least that the two may have had ties. More extremely, that both cultures were around at the same time. If you look at earlier threads about Edgar Cayce,(whether or not you believe in that sort of thing) you'll discover that he had a vision about the Atlantean leader Ra Ta, who went to Egypt around 12,000 B.C. As for Orichalum, many minerals, metals, and other natural resources dry up without even a trace that they were ever really there to begin with. Look at the time frame for when this was all supposed to occur. That is a VERY LARGE stretch of time from which to thoroughly deprive a land of a particular resource. Entirely conceivable that this is what happened. And again, the Egyptian hieroglyph for "island" can also mean "coastland", which would mean that Atlantis did not have to be an island, as Plato might have thought, but rather just a seafront property. Along the African coastland, and beneath the waters along Cyprus, remains of an ancient city have been found, some containing ancient Phoenician markings. More delving has yet to be done, as the country's government is not allowing any further access until their own archaeological teams have had a chance to explore the matter further. (Big surprise there)

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"Eden Kaia" is an interesting name philologicaly/Atlantologically because of the "cay" theme which turns up a lot in the Atlantic area where some theorists (like myself) think Atlantis' final stage was located. -I don't subscribe to a hypothesis that structural metallic-alloy features might decompose under water if they are composed of precious metals, which Plato's dialogue at least implies. Also, philogically, "orichalcum" suggests both Gold "ori-" (Gold chemically is "Aurium") and copper ("Chalcum.")

new topics

top topics

join