It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They really aren't putting fluoride in the water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hello friends

I used to be like I'm sure many of the people here, I never drank tap water because of the fear that the government were putting fluoride in the water.

After all it makes sense that the government need a way to control the masses and water fluoridation is a perfect solution (assuming it worked). Now I know they really aren't doing this the reason being that it's the bottled water companies who are actively promoting this myth. Think about it their making millions and a lot of that money is from exploiting the more conscientious in society, don't be fooled friends.

Since switching to tap water 3 months ago I havn't noticed any change in my ability to think independently watsoever (unless it takes time for it to build up in your system?).

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I never understood what the big deal was in the first place. Fluoride is good for your teeth,so even if they were putting it in the water what harm would it cause?But we buy the bottled water in jugs with fluoride in it anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes they are putting flouride in the water. Check the EPA website for your area and look at whats in your water. It also tells where it came from (chemical plant waste). There was already a post about this where someone did alot of research on it. Ill try and find it.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oops your right KidOK what I meant to say was that they aren't putting it in the water for the purpose of mind control. It's there for health benefits only and the unscrupulous bottled water companies are using this myth (at least the non-fluoridated ones).

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
flouride is actually bad for teeth

to much of it can rot them

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If you have too much floride in your system, it can start to act as a slow poison. Find some proven way to detox your system every once in awhile. I'm sure your system has a build up of toxins just from all the processed foods that are eaten, and genetically moderated foods. No food is safe any longer whether plant or meat even in it's natural form.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat

\

Not really the teeth as much as displacing calcium in the bones. To much and you have huge problems.

At anyrate, many of the anti-flouride crowd fail to realize that the background levels of flouride that occurs naturaly in many parts of the US is actually greater that that which is applied to municipal water.

Im 37
I grew up in a city that was one fo the first to put flouride in its water (Palo Alto, CA) never had a cavity

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't drink from the tap, because it doesn't taste good. I didn't realize some believed that flouride is used to "control our minds". I've always seen it as beneficial to our teeth (whether or not that is true, that was my belief).

I'm very picky about what kind of water I drink. I can taste the difference. In my experience, whenever I had to drink tap water, I would become sick the next day. My throat started hurting pretty bad. I did this enough times to realize I'd like to stick to bottled water for good. I haven't had a drink from the tap in at least a few years, and I don't miss it. I don't even make my tea or coffee with tap water. Maybe it is the region in which I live, but I won't drink it. I highly doubt that the bottled water companies have anything to do with my choice,..it just happens to work out that way based on taste and effect. For instance, no one is going to sucker me into drinking Voss water only, and frankly I taste no difference between it, and some of the other, much cheaper alternatives.

P.S. Like another poster in this thread already mentioned,.... there are so many other things killing us already. I don't think we'll ever be able to pin-point the reason for our deaths with absolute accuracy. It could be from breathing in smog, eating vegetables sprayed with insect poison, etc. etc. The list could go on for pages. If you watch the news, you'll see almost every week; "Coffee is bad for you",..... and next week "Coffee is good for you". I am almost tempted to stop paying attention to these things.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by 2manyquestions]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I drink filtered tap water. It tastes much better than the tap.

Yes, too much flouride can be bad for you, but if you're REALLY worried about drinking too much flouride. stop drinking water.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Our water has a green tinge to it.
I don't drink it so i don't have to worry about fluoride poisoning.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Of course 'too much' can rot them, that is the definition of too much, 'a quantity which is excessive'.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
uh, your wrong there Don M.

Sorry to doubt your "i dont think" perspective
but This thread (and about 20 others) point out that there are so many reasons to not add flouride to anything...

And yes, as the previous poster mentioned... the EPA proves you wrong also (come on people... at least attempt to prove your point) just visit epa.gov, and you will find the truth to your lie.

here is a thread that discusses the many reasons that we should oppose floride added to ANYTHING... since we already get borderline toxic levels just from drinking tea.

floride- CAUSES cavitys

good luck with better researched post in the future.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There is flouride in the water because my water company sends out their test results several times per year to show you what is in the water. Now I suppose they could be altering the data or outright lying about it it, but i doubt it.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat

Where are you getting this from? Teeth enamel is a mineral called apatite. It has calcium within its crystalline lattice structure. Fluorine replaces Calcium in that structure, and makes the entire crystal stronger. I suppose too much of anything can be a bad thing, but why are you implying that the levels in water are high enough to do that??

lazarus
floride- CAUSES cavitys

They noted a correlation in a few studies. By what mechanism is it supposed to be causing this??

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
actually, it makes sense...

it is caused by making the teeth brittle...

teeth are actually minutley flexible... which is why people who chew jawbreakers, and ice, so rarely chip a tooth...

the more flouride integrated into your body, the more brittle and unyielding your teeth are

the same thing goes for young bones, they break easier with high levels of fluride

top topics

join