It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get an ATS Verification System?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As one of the three owners of this site I have to say that I think I see where you wanted to get when you started this thread "hardtoget"...

In one of your responses you mentioned something about "Vetting people outside of ATS" or off-site or some such.

We have a STAUNCH policy about NEVER allowing or encouraging "recruiting" of our Membership for any reason. There are several threads about the subject in Board Business and Questions.

I am not saying that was your intention with this thread but it is a logical deduction of the motivation behind it especially considering that reply by you. At any rate the reasons listed here by our astute Membership are exactly why we will never have a Member vetting/verification system on ATS.

While our (AboveTopSecret,com, LLP) ethics preclude any abuse of the system, it's simply information my Partners and I NEVER want to be responsible for PERIOD. I would NEVER sleep knowing we had our Member's critical personal data was on our servers. I would be constantly worried about hardware corruption, a crooked human being finding their way into the servers, etc...

Not to mention the fact this is no way even close to the mission of DENYING IGNORANCE (our ONLY MISSION) and therefor not a relevant aspect of the business of AboveTopSecret.com.

Springer...
Partner,
AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
nope don't think it's a good idea,

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Personally I'd love to have some of my content attributed to me by name. I hope ATS stays in operation, because in the next few years I'm gonna be pointing to various posts I've made in the past and saying "I told you so". If anyone's paying attention I just may get a job

yea I was paying attention that day, good luck it would be cool,

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Personally I'd love to have some of my content attributed to me by name. I hope ATS stays in operation, because in the next few years I'm gonna be pointing to various posts I've made in the past and saying "I told you so". If anyone's paying attention I just may get a job

You can COUNT ON ATS "staying in operation" mate!

Springer...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You guys will vouch for me that the date stamps on my posts are correct when the Sudanese Civil War heats back up over Kordofan (think I spelled that wrong) and Blue Nile Province, right?

Not to mention when someone, probably the US, finally goes back to Somalia, at the very least in defense of Puntland if not for the whole nation?

Don't worry, if I get on Coast to Coast when it finally happens, I'll be explicit about where everyone heard it first
.. ATS!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You have my personal assurance we will vouch for the Vagabond! U2U me if you want to discuss this further.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
See my last post on this thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...#pid2174693
This thread is a classic example of what I was talking about there "hardtoget".
No digital signatures for me thanks.

Edit:
I'm crazy as a bedbug and not liable for anything I say on the internet. Hell my cat walks around on my keyboard and writes all this crap while the fractal mantoid gods sing John Denver tunes through Kazus to me.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
S.O.P.

Originally posted by twitchy
I'm crazy as a bedbug and not liable for anything I say on the internet. Hell my cat walks around on my keyboard and writes all this crap while the fractal mantoid gods sing John Denver tunes through Kazus to me.

And to think: I thought I was the only one.

As I like to say, we're more alike than different.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So I'm the only one here who writes all of his own material? Of course... I post drunk sometimes, but it is me.

But anyway, it would appear we all pretty much agree- and more importantly the management believes- that it would be a really bad idea to gather info on members. I see a very short life in this thread's future

And I'll U2U you when my stuff starts actually happening Springer. No sense wasting any more of your time to discuss pitching my sometimes conspiracy-shaded geopolitical insights until events bear me out.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
Location verification through Reverse-IP lookup
Real name verification through faxing photo-ID
Proof of residence etc.

Desiring info such as this makes YOU sound like the spook that you claim goal to avoid.

NN

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
you can't count on u2u safety, anything has backdoors in it nowadays, AND you're sending it over the web, twice, mind you.

news.bbc.co.uk...

on top of that, who has the resources to fabricate IDs at will...?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Springer, that makes sense, and you are right, it was about an off board pact. It is good to explore these boundaries by discussing them. I must thank you for creating this board, it is truly amazing.

Vagabond, for archives to remain active, permanent storage is needed, hopefully the advertising and donations will cover that in the future.

Twitchy, this line in the thread you mentioned says a lot:

They have the legal potential to criminalize dissent, the ability to track and monitor every single byte of data, and the 'legal' athority to do something about it now.
Scary, Orwellian stuff.

NoNik (No Network Interface Card? Nice.), yes I submit I might be anything, because it is impossible to prove anything in an anonymous environment. Twitchy pointed out a good recent thread by shot messenger about Intel writers, and I believe the author.

Thanks all for your input, I feel reassured that VS is not feasible, and even if it were technically so it would not belong on ATS. In other words, use common sense when trusting a peer. Makes you wonder if this is one of the reasons there are no hardcore groups of dissidents out there who really make a difference. How can you possible form such a group if there is no way of knowing who to trust? (retorical question). If you have information to the contrary you cannot disclose it here anyway because Springer has been quite clear on the recruiting issue.

Even though there are limitations, it is good to come here and vent a little frustration away. And, If Icke is right, already talking about things can change global human perception as long as there are enough participants in the discussion. I really believe that.

Just watch what is happening right now on this Universal Picture forum created for their Flight 93 film

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"Discussing" strong dissident/activist groups is completely OKAY and what AboveTopSecret.com is here for. There is a big difference between discussing groups and recruiting for them or trying to organize them.

What we don't allow is the "marketing of" our Membership. Nobody logs onto ATS hoping someone is going to sell them something or try to get them to join something. It simply isn't cricket, it places the LLP at risk of liability tort and thereby places the site's future at risk.

If you do a site-search you will find many discussions of all kinds of groups. Heck we have a forum that is dedicated to the discussion of Secret Societies Conspiracy Theory.

The ATS community is simply not for sale, rent or loan for anything.
This community exists so the interested people of the world can have a haven and a venue for collaboration in the search for the truth.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
'vetting' 'verifying' 'proving'... it's all kind of in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? I mean, you all know me, I'm that crazy torbtown.com guy, there's pictures of me and my kid, where I used to work, what I'm doing now... TONS of text info about me and my past...

a personal website showing that I'm just a guy and am mostly harmless...

My passport and drivers liscense say the same thing - Just A Guy.

But am I Really? All my documents and alla the info on the web you can dig up on me say that I am... but what does that Really Prove?

I could just as easily be a 'sleeper', or a merc, or a spook with a really good cover story...

If Val comes at me and says I'm a spook... how am I going to 'prove' that I'm Not? It's her call wether or not to trust me with anything... just like it's Your call dude.

No little ATS Super Shield Symbol of Silliness is going to change her (or your) mind about me...

If you and I get into something and we decide we need further 'proof' of who we are, a stamp of approval from a third party really isn't going to help either of us, is it? This is something we need to work out on our own..

as an aside,,, my kid turned Two Years Old today, the party is just breaking up... gonna take me a year to recover (in-laws, gotta love 'em)

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Desiring info such as this makes YOU sound like the spook that you claim goal to avoid.

NN

Exactly what I was thinking. This does sound very suspect. Classic diversionary technique/tactics.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Verification seriously?

Well i think "paranoia" gets the best of people sometimes. No offence but photo ID verification yeah right.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Heres a verification for you:
Question: Do you believe (based on all the video evidence, audio evidence and government ignorance) that the Governnment was behind 9/11?
Answer: Yes (verfified) No (too stupid or spy)

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Exactly what I was thinking. This does sound very suspect. Classic diversionary technique/tactics.

OK, I confess.

I hold a TS/SCI clearance with Ryolite tag.

I have been employed by Bechtel in the UK, Northrop Grumman IT in DC, SAIC in Arlington an Lockheed Martin in North-Virginia. Back in 1987 I used to work with Phil on the second facility at Los Alamos. Really.

So, does this disturb you at all?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

OK, I confess.

I hold a TS/SCI clearance with Ryolite tag.

I have been employed by Bechtel in the UK, Northrop Grumman IT in DC, SAIC in Arlington an Lockheed Martin in North-Virginia. Back in 1987 I used to work with Phil on the second facility at Los Alamos. Really.

So, does this disturb you at all?

I knew it, Get out! you're not welcome here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join