It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christ returns!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well..
what if christ came back to earth? what do you think he would see of the church etc?

I think he shoul;d get the angel of death and kill the fking lot of them... so much corruption..

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, Well - What have we here. What a nasty idea and I wonder who "the ***** lot of them" are. Since the reference is "church", I must conclude that includes all Christians, since the chruch is all Christians - not the priest, preachers, and ministers of the church. I must conclude that this person is advocating the death of all Christians (since the church is the entire collection of Christians). What an attitude. Perhaps this poster would like to be more specific as to whom he wants the angel of death to kill.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hmmm...What was that old saying?...

...Oh yeah.

"Kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out"

Jag, have you ever considered that there are bound to be a large number of people invoved in the Church who *are* truly devout but have been manipulated into what they do? Sort of like how the banks & corporations have manipulated the government into manipulating the People?

Why not just commit genocide?

Nice show of compasion & concern there, bub...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well MD, you know that I am a Christian - that makes me a part of the "chruch" even though at the present time I do not go to a specific church. When you speak of the church, normally it can refer to all Christians even though they do not go to a church (church = Bride of Christ = all Christians). I must infer from the initial post that the poster is also including me on the death list.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Actually while the poster (who has never been here before) seems to overstate his point, he did say that he felt Christ should do this (in his opinion).

The truth is the book of revelations in regards to the letters and the vision does not skip a beat. Meaning, a potential interpretation is that the story refers to
corrupt Christians specifically.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Toltec:
The term "and kill the f**** lot of them" is inclusive of all (no exceptions). If a Christian were to make a post refering to the angel of death killing shamans, wiccans, and other pagans (even corrupt ones) you would be up in arms about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
provide a link to that effect Jadg your free to review every post made to date.

My presentation in the Blog is with respect to the similarities in all religions and what was done in the past, with respect to the fact they knew how very similar they were.

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Jesus would react in a different way then you all might think. He would probably be like "wow, they really got the Christians thinking that the Church represents Christ or God." Do you think that the Church which killed thousands and spread ignorance is really a place that represents the Word of God????

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
TheCatalyst:
What "Church" are you refering to? Do you mean Christians in general (the church) or a specific Church.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
According to the bible God loves everyone. But he pities people also, so... I don't think that God would kill the ******* lot of 'em.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I am more inclined to wonder why so many people spend their time speaking of God and the Christ, yet so few people living by the standards of the faiths themselves? I mean if one speaks of
deities as they are real, then how can one ignore such things?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
I am more inclined to wonder why so many people spend their time speaking of God and the Christ, yet so few people living by the standards of the faiths themselves? I mean if one speaks of
deities as they are real, then how can one ignore such things?

Whoa, interesting name for such a topic...

Anyway, the answer? BECAUSE EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE FRICKEN WORLD IS A HYPOCRITE!! 'Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   

am more inclined to wonder why so many people spend their time speaking of God and the Christ, yet so few people living by the standards of the faiths themselves? I mean if one speaks of

Cannot be said better. I completely agree. And yes the human mind is inclined to be hypocritical. We often play different sides inorder to fit in. Only the basics of survival.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What wuold Christ's, or any phrophets prove?
They have left us thier words and what else matters, thier physical being presenting itself with the very same words?
It makes no sense.
Who would believe that them in the first place?
Deep

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
..... but Pele intercepts to score!

(sorry, sad variation on the Jesus Saves original).

If Christ is who we are meant to believe he is, he would now be fully aware of what is said and done in his name, and on his return his righteous wrath would not be believed; he would be summarily executed by some trumped-up goon squad, like the first time around.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Headline News
Christ returns.

Unemployment drops to 0. Lowest rate recorded in Federal history.

Starvation in all third world countries drops to zero.

Output of durable goods and foods from the US remains steady while demand in other countries drops.

Vatican outlaws church, survey finds only enough churhcs for %1 of the population.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You know, I hate religion threads. They never seem to resolve anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
the "Old Testament Church" with that of the New: "This is He (Christ) that was in the Church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him (Moses) in the mount Sina, and with our fathers, who received the lively oracles to give unto us" (Acts 7:38)

.In Exodus, in the first, the longest speech to Moses the Lord says about the construction of the tabernacle, making of service utensils and vestments of the priests (Exo 25:1 - 30.10).

According to the teaching of the Church Fathers, a church is a symbol of the Universe created by God: "A church is a symbol of this inhabited earthly world and the visible sky for when we send up prayers standing before the church and venerate it as the heaven and the Eden garden. And the most solemn rite of church consecration presents it to us as a mysterious heaven and the church of the first born, and when we perform the most awesome of all the sacraments in the church - the sacred rite of Liturgy - then the altar becomes heaven, the church signifies earth: all stream to it and form prayer glorification� The beauty of the church means the beauty of the creation, the candles burning on the main chandelier mean radiant stars, and its dome - the firmament of heaven"

God commands Moses to prepare holy oil and anoint the tabernacle with it: it shall be an holy anointing oil. And thou shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony, and the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick and his vessels, and the altar of incense, and the altar of burnt offering with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot. And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy. And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office (Exo 30:22-30).

Performing the fourth command of God Moses also put the candlestick in the tent of the congregation, over against the table, on the side of the tabernacle southward. And he lighted the lamps before the LORD (Exo 40:24-25).

The Psalmist prophesied: I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him� and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven ( Ps 89:20, 36-37

www.apostle1.com...

You see people ....those that do not really understand what the CHURCH is .....it has been always a custom to worship in the church...it is God's temple...and He approved it ...not the people.
Ekklisia means Church.......which means all of mankind that have Jesus Christ as their head ...The first and the last...
He said ..
I am the Alpha and Omega....The first and the last..

Those that go on making smart remarks about the Church being all man made do not know the great significance of the word CHURCH.....
helen......

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i believe that if one chooses to ignore the divine right of a persons soul, and continues to judge other lives based on textual facts written in a book and then corroborate those judgements based on CHRIST's life one would be safe to assume that they are not actually following the Great Father or their soul but the views and judgements of other persons....
furthermore, those who proclaim any connection with the Great Father and profess this "anointing" to others as though they are more of a "person in GOD" potentially takes away ones ability to use their own soul for progression...
in conclusion, if Christ was to return(he never left) most persons who lay practice progression of their soul would not recgonize him due to the misconception of man exemplified by the church...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
You know, I hate religion threads. They never seem to resolve anything.

That is the exact reason you'll keep seeing them too. If there was an answer that everyone could agree with, it(Religion) would dissapear quick. But, everyone would take it for granted and eventually forget what that ONE WAY everyone could agree on and LIVE AS ONE.

Once that happens everyone would start Religions based off finding that ONE WAY all over again. Round and Round.....Again and Again.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join