It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: Thoughts on leaving Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

PODcast: Thoughts on leaving Japan
HMITD introduces a series of podcasts in which he discusses his time in Japan, the nature of control, some conspiricies and why Japanese society should serve as a warning to the rest of the world.

length: 06:38
file: atscpod_1698.mp3
size: 2724k
feed: atsc

[edit on 29-4-2006 by howmuchisthedoggy]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
where are the rest of the mp3's? I'm eager to hear more.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm ready for the other podcasts as well, I really enjoyed that.

wupy

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

PODcast: Thoughts of leaving Japan (reply 1)
Education Part 1.
A first look into the Japanese education system. Group think and carrots in bunny shapes!

length: 12:26
file: atscpod_1701.mp3
size: 5097k
feed:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

PODcast: Thoughts of leaving Japan (reply 2)
Transport.
What's the point in having the most advanced transport system in the world if people are too afraid to use it and travel anywhere but their home towns?

length: 07:53
file: atscpod_1702.mp3
size: 3227k
feed:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

PODcast: Thoughts of leaving Japan (reply 3)
In reply to Nrky jumping the gun........

length: 05:28
file: atscpod_1703.mp3
size: 2239k
feed:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nice work there HMITD...
You seem to have forgotten to mention the whole point of the podcast, however...which would be the following:

The issue of Japan being a controlled state, socially, economically, spiritually, and culturally, leads us to the question of whether or not this is a precursor to similar ideologies and states of existence in other nations.
Is the police state of Japan going to set an example of efficiency and control for the rest of the world to imitate?

In my opinion, yes.

The example of Japan should be making the rest of the world think 'do WE want to live like that? do WE want to de-humanise existence to favour efficiency and a technocracy?'

Nonetheless, technology aside, Japan has always been like this. Bushido, the unwritten Japanese Samurai code of honour and piety(sp?), also has a negative side, in shame and dishonour. This tradition of self-governance, self-censorship, and shame in the face of non-compliance, is prevalent in Japanese society.
The existence of the Hikikomori-tachi in Japan, shows us that not fitting in is not an option, and that seclusion and hermitism is the only other alternative to suicide. A Hikikomori is a youth who has locked themselves in their bedroom for numerous reasons. They close the shutters, refuse to go outside, or talk to anybody else, or even get a job and education. They have reached such a point of anxiety and hysteria that their desire to contribute to society, or even to exist in it, completely shuts down. Often the Hikikomori phenomena leads to suicide, or institutionalisation.
In Japan, even the alternatives to 'popular culture and society' are popularised and capitalised on. Those who tire of Japanese tradition and society, can hang out with their friends who dress up and go to Harajuku on weekends, to pretend to be Americans, Chinese, even Nazi's.
Those young boys who aren't confident enough to meet girls, and have interests in Video Games and Anime, can congregate in their own little 'Otaku' circles at Akihabara. They even have a name for their own kind, the teenage boys and 20-somethings who are known in English as 'Anime nerds', they call themselves 'Akiba-tachi' and 'Ota'. (Akiba is an abbreviation of Akihabara, the tech and comic shopping district of Tokyo. -tachi is the plural for people. Ota is the abbreviation for Otaku, which originally meant 'Home').
Japanese society even has a sub-culture of youths who would not be out of place at a Marilyn Manson concert, known as 'Gothic and Lolita'; they dress up in dark make-up and clothes, while the Lolita fashion style tends towards something seen in the 'Alice in Wonderland'-ish fashions in the Gwen Stefani video clip 'What you waiting for'.
The list of conformist 'non-conformist groups' in Japan, extends to nearly every alternative culture that can be thought of, and those that don't fit into ANY subculture, usually become Hikikomori's, or obsess about and eventually engage in Jisatsu (suicide).

The Japanese OBSESSION with conformity, sets a frightening example for the rest of us in the world. Places like Myspace.com, where the 'emo' kids and 'social outcasts' like to congregate, have become online versions of MTV, with 'indie bands' being capitalised on. (Myspace.com is owned by NewsCorp, one of the major media sources in the world) With the abundance of the Internet in western culture (and spreading to the rest of the world), people swept under the carpet of society can come out and express their opinions, ideals, and emotions. Unfortunately, humans LOVE to categorise things that they don't understand, and tend towards the error of lumping all the non-conformists into stereotypical images of conformity. This would not be as big of a problem if the people who were to be the targets of this stereotyping, were to IGNORE it, however, the obsession with conformity also has a say in the life of nonconformists. People choosing to be 'different from everybody else' congregate and celebrate their differences. The unwritten quote of "I'm going to be like everbody else and express my individuality.", certainly applies here. Are the people that want to be social outcasts doing it because of being fed up with society, or simply because they are imitating others who have done the same?

In conclusion, Japan is not the only nation in the world where every niche of society is being manipulated to have the citizens conform, but it IS setting a great example for those of us who wish to criticise the Sheeple Mentality of the popular culture AND counter-culture movements.

You have been warned.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

PODcast: Thoughts of leaving Japan (reply 3)
HMITD continues on talking about the Japanese education system. Can you spell C-R-O-N-Y-I-S-M?

length: 10:11
file: atscpod_1710.mp3
size: 4180k
feed:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

PODcast: Thoughts of leaving Japan (reply 4)
HMITD finishes up this series for a while, making his mad dash to freedom back to the West. This time around is about Japanese attitudes to sexuality. *Warning* Does contain some saucy bits, so you have been warned!!

length: 21:54
file: atscpod_1711.mp3
size: 7818k
feed:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My friend, that was an excellant series on Japan. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Good luck with your move back to the west. Hope it goes as planned.

wupy

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I came across this site, on account of a strange dream I had. (Perhaps I'll be able to talk about it some other time, but not now.) In the process of looking into information, I came across pictures of Japan. I thought, Why would anyone want to leave Japan? So I found this site. Leaving problems unsolved never end in resolution. One man said, "All good men have to do for evil to prosper, is nothing".

Can this happen in other places? It IS happening all over the world!! You should look into what Ron Luce says about this.

It's completely natural for us, as humans, to want to belong. We want an identity!! We want to be SOMETHING. We have to be careful what we allow to speak into our lives, and what I mean by this, is we have to be careful about who and what we allow to ascribe us an identity.

I was a slave to this world's system, until I died to it, and found my life hid with Christ in God. Sadly, my generation is out there, dying to live, literally. Their hope is set in traditional things, passed on from their parents, and so forth and so on. Their only hope is the fate of their parents. IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOREVER! They want something to hope for, so they look to themselves. The blind leading the blind, as we would say. What happens? Suicide rates increase, self-mutliation, drugs, groups. THEY WANT AN IDENTITY, but not just any identity!! They want their OWN identity. We all find our individual purpose in Christ, and in Christ alone. I could say so much more, but my objective isn't to scare people, or cause them to question my sanity. I believe in demons, and this thing is operated and controlled by a demonic spirit, but only because we haven't exercised authority over it in our individual lives, and so many have been persuaded by this spirit, therefore influencing others. It's big.. I could go on and on, but I really need to pray.

I don't know you guys, but I love you guys!!

In Christ,
Shelly

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well done howmuchisthedoggy, do you have anymore updates to this podcast series?

top topics

join