It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 1 Protest -Will it hurt or help illegals?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well they are protesting because some people have been Using them as if they are legal.

They used them because they were allowed to Use them.

You used them, and you let them be used.

Now you are at the stage that those being Used demand recognition.

They have contributed to the econonmy and are worthy to become subjects.

What is the problem?

I know you can't afford it, but that is not the issue.

Please explain.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by The Links]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Links
They have contributed to your econonmy and are worthy to become subjects.

Why? When I buy a Chinese-made product at Walmart, are the workers out in China worthy of citizenship because they clearly are invloved in the US economic activity? I spent half a year working in the UK (legally), now, does it make me worthy of British citizenship? Are the Nepalese workers in Iraq entitled to Iraqi citizenship?

Of course not. "Deport, deport the Robinson family".

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I believe that this protest has the earmark of violence all over it. And regardless of how the violence may begin or who starts it, in the end it will all come back on the protesters and make them out the bad ones, as many of them have no legal right to be protesting anyway. So in the end its only hurting their cause, and actually I think alot of the protesters want the violent confrontation to begin with, thats my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Tracer - Good point. I've read in some of ATS' other threads that that is their intention. To start violence with the ultimate goal of taking over the south. Whether thats true or not I don't know.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by The Links
They have contributed to your econonmy and are worthy to become subjects.

Why? When I buy a Chinese-made product at Walmart, are the workers out in China worthy of citizenship because they clearly are invloved in the US economic activity? I spent half a year working in the UK (legally), now, does it make me worthy of British citizenship? Are the Nepalese workers in Iraq entitled to Iraqi citizenship?

Of course not. "Deport, deport the Robinson family".

Are those Chinese workers working within China or America, what ever the answer, they should have rights within that country. If they have no rights and are working within, they are taking the right away from somebody legal. Somebody is breaking the law.

This is the point of the Protest i believe.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Links - They weren't being used. They were paid. Perhaps not as much as legal citizens but more than they's get back home. Besides, that gives them no right to protest or for them to get special treatment.

I have an idea. Why don't you give me your address. I'll break in to your house, take some of your money, and then after you call the police to take me away, I'll protest in your front yard that I should now have the right to live with you.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I have an idea. Why don't you give me your address. I'll break in to your house, take some of your money, and then after you call the police to take me away, I'll protest in your front yard that I should now have the right to live with you.

That's so good!

You don't even have to take money! Just break in and set up residence on the couch and raid the frig. Then when he doesn't make you breakfast, you can set up your protest in his front yard!

I hate to say it but you have a great point.

Sittin' on this fence is hurting me!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule
If they are illegal they do should not have the right to protest,and it should be veiwed as terroist acts

Can you see the effects of the U.S. calling millions of protestors all terrorists and attempting to arrest them all? I can see some bad things coming from that...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Links - They weren't being used. They were paid. Perhaps not as much as legal citizens but more than they's get back home. Besides, that gives them no right to protest or for them to get special treatment.

EXCELLENT point!!!

And in the front yard hang YOUR flag on top with the American Flag underneath it upside down just to rub it in and cause more disrespect.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That's why I think ultimately these protests are going to hurt their "cause". People are going to start waking up to the fact that the illegals feel they deserve special treatment for some reason. That they can break the law of the country they desire to live in, and then demand that to be rewarded for that.

It's disrespectful to the people of the USA and should not be tolerated.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All i can say is i hope they know there are camps all over the US for use in situations such as these.

I hope nothing happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Links I dont see where they are worthy to become subjects,they have not really contributed to our economy, I'd bet the majority of what they earned here was sent back to families in their homeland, their contributions come mainly in purchasing what they need to survive.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They haven't contributed. They get their money under the table. They pay no taxes. In some cases they get additional social services that true citizens and tax payers end up paying for. Its not right.

In fact, I think they may have been better off by not protesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
OK....Look what's in the title of their status:
ILLEGAL immigrants...
If a DVD pirate that consistently posted content on the internet thought he should get paid for it and convinced ALL the people that illegally download and post pirated content that they should get paid as well, what do you think would happen if they all got together and demonstrated in different cities?
The FBI would give it a clever name like Operation: Yarrrgh! and round 'em all up in each city and claim it as a big victory against piracy.

If these people are illegals, and we know they are illegals, then why are local police/nat'l guard, whatever, hiring empty tractor trailers, school buses, and any other huge means of detainment to round them up?

This would be like a legion of bank robbers holding a Bank Robbing Convention at your local Holiday Inn. Ya know where they are gonna be, do something about it!

I know there's the fight that some of them actually WANT to become legit, but what stopped them from doing it the right way in the first place?
If I want to work at Microsoft, I don't figure out a way to infiltrate the HQ, pose as a worker until someone catches on and then protest that they give me the job I didn't have back.

That's my 2 cents.....

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just a thought, but this not a peaceful protest. As peaceful as it may seem, they are protesting for something that should not even be theirs. We all know what happens when you dont give your little child that toy that they desperatly want so bad.. they throw a temper. Could this be the start of a "new age" civil war? If things dont go the way of the protestors I could see this turning into something extremely bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can not believe what I am reading. Check out this website: A.N.S.W.E.R.

The people have a voice, and the people say, "Full rights for Immigrants! Amnesty for Undocumented Workers!" No human being is illegal - full equality is not only a reasonable and achievable demand, it is also a fundamental right.

are they serious??????

[edit on 28-4-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When you strip the situation of personal input, racial preference, political opinion and look at the situation completely unbiastly...heres what it is...

There are mexicans coming over the border unregistered and and unchecked. This is illegal. As a matter of fact there have been so many people doing it, it is now a national problem. The USA has two choices now...

A) Do something about it.

B) Make it legal.

After some financial and economic research, it looks like there gonna do something about it. What sane person can argue that? Its just TOO SIMPLE.

No one has been deported yet, so they want to rally. Go ahead. Just dont hurt anyone. They can rally till theyre legs turn to nubs, but ultimately congress is going to do what congress is going to do.

And in reguards to them being humans too, I totally agree. Im a southern california resident so Ive had my share of interaction with imigrants. NO ONE is saying mexicans cant come over to america. They just have to do it legally just like all the other countries. And the people that have come over here already need to go back and do it the right way.

I feel as if Im at my whits end, because I just cant make it any simpler.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Deport them all, build a fence and raise the bar for becoming a legal resident. Our system is breaking down from total overload of people that are not helping society as a whole. You dont know it but soon your emergency services are going to get worst and worst as the economy gets worst.

When our emergency rooms and EMS service gets overloaded because of an overbourdened system ( they like to use medics and emergency rooms for the family doctor) there will be no room for the people that are actually paying for most of it.

Next time 9/11 is to busy to get someone to your house, blame the illegals.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think its time legal citzens stand up for their rights. We need to rally and protest against the people who break the law and disrepect this country.

I say we give them another opportunity to come into this country legally... They want to shut down our country on May 1st? I say that's the perfect time to round them up and ship them back. That way, they can apply for citizenship properly the way the rest of us did.

I'm getting pi$$ed now. I'm looking forward to Monday.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think its time legal citzens stand up for their rights. We need to rally and protest against the people who break the law and disrepect this country.

That is EXACTLY the problem. I couldn't find any readily available information on the rallies to be organized by anti-illegal (or pro-legal, whatever you wish to call it) activist groups.

We have become apathetic?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join