It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I personally despise the police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have for most of my life always really hated and despised autority. And the p;lice are no exception.

In this lifetime i have had nothing but trouble with them they are very weird people bullies and the like. I just do not like them at all.

They are much more a hidderence then off any real help in any personal accounts they just do contimue to get in the way and are a complete waste of time. They do not really help you out at all.

Just take up very valuable time and space and suck all of the air out of the room. leaving you flustered confused and paranoid.

I have had to deal with them on a persoanlly levle many time's they do nothing to make or help ypu feel at ease or anything of the sort.

why do they not go and bust real trouble instead of harrashing one' individual space which is my own incounters with them.

Jay!:.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I believe most readers of this thread will form the same opinion as to why this individual has so much trouble with the police.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've always stood up for the Police and the important Job they do.

Sadly, it recently came to light that they are far more incompetent than I ever imagined. Ignoring 999 calls? Playing hide and seek on the streets using squad cars at night? Treating domestic abuse and rape as a "petty crime"? After seeing this reported by an undercover policewomen, with evidence, I have no longer got that respect for them.

Sure, we need police, we're all dangerous animals, but sadly "our" police don't fit our needs, and are a sham of an institution. I've got no solution...how do you shake them up? How do you instill massive change from the ground up? No idea, but it needs doing, because our Police Force is currently a useless bag of leftovers and scraps.

It's easy to blame the Government for it, because the Home Office is in just as much a shambles, and they clearly have the view that Crime is bad when it affects them. Charles Clarke and David Blunkett are two of the most incompetent home secretaries we have ever been cursed with. Yep, very easy. :shk:

[edit on 28-4-2006 by chebob]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So, if someone breaks into your home, or if there is an emergency, you'd prefer not to call the police?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
No, as far as I'm concerned they are there for a reason, and I would expect their help when needed. That's just the point, a lot of people DO call them after a burglary or a rape or a mugging, and never see a policemans face. I don't think they should be rid of, because we can't take care of ourselves, I just wish they weren't as incompetent as they are.

They were recently called by a few of the houses in our street to try and do something about the "street party" at the bottom, not because we don't like parties, but because it involved 12 year old kids lying in the middle of the road surrounded by broken glass, and bottles being thrown at peoples houses. There were more than one complaint, and of course "Someone is on their way", but no, no police. They may be great where you are, but I know my local force is more PC Plod than Policeman.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I live near a small town and the biggest problem we have with police is that they are ham-strung by some of the leaders in the town. If their "little Johnny" or "little Suzy" is caught doing something they shouldn't, they are given a ride home to the parents and no paperwork is filed.

As far as responding to emergencies, they do so very quickly. Their results on a crime scene are sometimes suspect, but if there is any question, they usually call in the State Police and then defer to them.

My County cops and my State Police seem to do an excellent job and are very professional in their demeanor.

Overall, I am happy with my protection.

JDub

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

They are much more a hidderence then off any real help in any personal accounts they just do contimue to get in the way and are a complete waste of time. They do not really help you out at all.

How exactly are they a waste of time? Without the police where would our society be?

We have all had some run ins with the police in our day I am sure, and maybe you come out on the short end of the stick but it is always with reason. I have had some run ins where I was steamed at the police, but looking back I was in the wrong and deserved my punishment. Just a mere fine, but I'll pretend to say I have learned my lesson.

The fact of the matter is, after reading your post it is tough not to jump to the conclusion you have frequent run ins with the police and with reason.

Maybe try adjusting exactly what it is your doing, and the police will be more of a companion than an enemy.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just remember that the Supreme Court of the US has ruled that the Police have no obligation to protect you. Where I live the majority of the Police are pretty good, some of them are my friends. We do however have some municipalities where the prime job of the police is to generate revenue. One town even disbanded its police force because they were not generating enough revenue to pay for themselves. Ever see a DUI checkpoint where 100% of the cars are issued citations? We have one nearby. If you are stopped at this checkpoint you are getting a ticket, sober or not. Everything from tire tread depth to disrespecting a police officer. I can see where the poster of this thread is coming from.........to a point.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I can partially agree with you here. I don't know about any other police forces in the world, but the British one really is a mess.

Get this- most of our police sit in their cars, waiting for someone speeding, rather than be on the street helping the community. It might just be my area though.

That, or they're bothering me about looking 'shady' because I'm wearing a brown hoody and a beanie- it was cold!

But I can bitch and moan about them all I want, though I'll always know they really are doing a good job and without them, we wouldn't have a relatively safe country.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Get this- most of our police sit in their cars, waiting for someone speeding, rather than be on the street helping the community. It might just be my area though.

Believe me when I say, your area is not alone

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The police are not here primarily to protect the public citizens...JIMC has this correct and the Supreme Court has rule thusly. The primary protection for the public is " YOU". Not the police..this has always been true.

The police are a politican enforcement arm of the local and state governments..not the public. People should know better.

Also the part about the police generationg revenue..is true. It became obvious to me with the first Gulf War. With so man people from this area gone off to war..the police were not issuing as many citations. After about 7 months..you found the police off the main streets where you used to see them and back in the neighborhoods trying to give citations. They were hurting for revenue in the city coffers.

PLease do not misunderstand me..the Police have a very difficult job. They are often caught between the public and the politicians and forced to carry out policys they often find very repugnant. To top this off they cannot tell the public so much of what they know is going on out here...even years later.
Combine this with very zealous and opportunistic prosecuters..not intrested in the public welfare but instead working their way up the food chain on the backs of the public and the police...whoever they can. This is not something often told to the genaral public. Same with over Zealous opportunistic Lawyers...defending low lifes.
This too can be very frustrating for a policeman. Many do not choose to stay in the occupation. I dont necessarily blame them.

Nevertheless ...the police are not tasked with taking care of the public in the manner so many have come to take for granted. They are there to help maintain the status quo ante...of the day.
The public welfare is YOUR responsibility...Wise up...dont expect them to teach you this in public schools...they too are here for supporting the status quo ante...of the day.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
One question remains though. If the Police are under no obligation to protect you and you are responsible for your own safety then how can the anti-gun people use the arguement that you have the Police for protection?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I used to work as a civilian for the Police service, and was thinking of joining them... then after a year of what i can only describe as the most hateful, bigoted, bullying, hate filled enviroment I have ever set foot in, well those thoughts of joining went WAY out of the window.

Racist? check. Homophobic? check. Bullies? Check. Cowards? Oh very much so - the modern police officer is a pack animal - cannot function or operate with out a pack of fellow animals as back up - AND before any one trys to say otherwise, I was privvy to the footage they hid....

Heres an example. Man A is a well known minor petty criminal.( i was privvy to his criminal record) Police want man a out of circulation. So starts a very viscious hate campaign. Harrassed at every opportunity,brought into the station EVERY time, even for a stop and search. Reason always stated as ' suspicion of carrying concealed class A substances '. NEVER once proven, not once! He gets this for nigh on 2 years, then gets caught shop lifting. Police have a field day and pin loads of other stuff on him as 'taken into consideration' - either this or the campaign carries on - his choice which it is. He signs and gets two years. 1 week into prison term, man hangs himself.

Police are happy about this and think its great - a scroat off the streets is all they see.... not the two sisters and a mother who have lost a family member ( he was the only minor petty criminal amongst a good family) so next time you call the Police, well, all i can say is that you should think about this. If your not 'In THE Job' as they call it, your against them.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Excellent question you posed in your last post.

Remember..public education is financed by politicians who tend to be very liberal and anti gun. Many though not all police are anti gun..ecpecially the police looking to further their careers into other areas of politics. They to must carry the party line they think will get them votes.
The most common dogma..or political slant is security....not truth. The illusion of security/safety..is the most common religious dogma posted and promoted by politicians ..who also finance our public education systems. Gun control is only one aspect of this...easy to use on a gullible publically educated people.

Anti Gun people all have this one common fingerprint...your security/safety is not your responsibility..it is the responsibility of the state. And We...the political party..is the state. Another version of this is the philospher..Hegel..."The State is God."
If you watch anti gunners closely ..this is what they are saying.

The proof of this sillyness is what happened and was so under reported about Hurrican Katrina and other disasters..people were on their own for some time after these events. No police protection.

Also with this in mind...take a close look at the Media who is mostly anti gun...they too are shills for their respective partys. THey too are part of the political machine. They are not independent but a intregal part of the machine. They are also part of what keeps the public stupid about most things.

What you have in the long run is a self serving political mechanism whose main claim to fame is self preservation ....this mechanism in competition with the public will.
THe police are just one facet of this political mechanism. THis is one of the things the police cannot tell you publically. THe larger the city or town the more political this is.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just to make sure you guys knew this, Chebob is from Wales, so some of the problems he's talking about with the police are non existant, or at least rare, here in the United States.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The fingerprint of the police for which Chebob is describing is well on its way to frutition here in the states. More and more we are being forced to follow the European example. We must be made into Europeans..with European standards. Our police forces along with our public educations are following this fingerprint quickly. Please standby. It will happen soon enough.

My prediction is that the West Coast and certain parts of New England will be among the first if not the first.
Thats California, Oregon , Washington. New York, and Massachutts and possibly Colorado for those of you in Rio Linda.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I just think its rediculous that if your in crime and you dont do anything your blammed. Isnt this country supposed to be fair. I got in trouble when I was with some people and they were up to no good, I told them to stop and they didnt. I couldnt run from it b/c you know why? Peer pressure, I wouldve been critisized for not going with them. Those ppl all make me sick. Especially this one friend of mine who is always saying "you gotta take risks in your life" WHY! I can do whatever I want to, its called free will. Theres no law saying I have to get in trouble. He wants me to tresspass in private property even when the people who lived there gave us a warniing, isnt that nice enough, they told us not to go here anymore but my friend kept going back and trashing their yard. But if they gave us a warning! Doesnt that give you the clue that you arent supposed to be there anymore? He gets on my nerves and makes me so pissed off I dont hang out with him as much. He is also a bad person too. He also does other stuff to make me angry like saying Im wrong but I really am right. I have proof. And you know what? He has no clue of what hes talking about, seriously.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Read "The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Prison" by Jeffery Rieman.

Why do you think the prison populations are all black, native, hispanic or poor? Because the rich never steal, rape and murder?

I saw a story on the news the other day about a young man out in Western Canada who was tipsy while leaving a sports event. A cop asked him to pour out his beer - the fellow mouthed off. He was handcuffed and taken to the station. Five hours later he was dead from a bullet wound to the head. Noone else was present at the shooting. The cop claimed self-defense. The orifice is suspended with pay.
I wonder if they did a rape test at the autopsy?

Or the female RCMP officer who complained of sexual harrasment and is now ostracized by the other members of her force.

How about the videotape of the cop smashing the hand-cuffed woman's head into the hood of his car, just for sadistic kicks, he was found not guilty.

Cops are above the law and the law is beneath justice.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i believe the police force get alot of bad publicity because of a few rogue cops its unfair to tar everyone with the same brush. put it this way if one of your family members killed someone and got done for murder how would you feel if everyone called you one aswell because he is associated with you? just a thought.

on another note what if someone broke into your home and tried to murder you family or rob the place i bet the police would become your hero then

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If someone broke into my house I would only bother calling the police if I had time which may or may not be after the fact. In either case ...they only show up after the fact and collect data. THey are data collectors for the courts and insurance companys...to justify more politicians and police..by statistics..not thier ability to help the public. This is known by many people..just not published or taught in public schools. Their ability to help my family or me is very limited to after the fact. Someone breaking into your house is not going to take a time out for you to call the police. YOu should already know this. Criminals certainly do. Why dont you?? Why do you think so many who break the law know they must operate on a very slim timetable so as to have time to get away.

The police will show up after the crime is committed and your family frightened, injured or dead. Find this in statistics...You will not find it.

This world is not what it appears to be.

I wish it was different but it isnt.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<<   2 >>

join