It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open source intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is a thing that the Government calls "Open source intel". People who claim to work "within the system" are often given classified clearance and assigned to open source infiltration- like at ATS.
When a guy shows up saying he works in the system and will answer questions, we need to be careful because you can be sure that it is only a test.
The reasons for sending open source intel agents onto ATS are varied, but one good reason may be to spread propaganda, build credibility to control info flow, or to discredit people who offer intel on this site.

You should all be concerned that you have caught the attention of the intel community because they don't send moles to open source entities without a reason. This website IS on the big board at NSA, you can be sure of it, I can guarantee it.

Most open source snoops are low level spooks who can best be described as snitch's. They make a big deal out of things to get a promotion. You should be careful now that you've been successfully infiltrated. These guys are trained writers called "strategic writers". They have masters and PH.D's in psych. they know how to control your train of thought. Many of you have been duped into thinking you will get inside info from these guys who only want your trust so they can manipulate your conclusions. You see them as reliable sources when they are nothing more than MK-ULTRA types and guess who the new subjects are. YOU!!!

On this board, and in this skunkworks forum, we have found a very troubling writer from OSI- office of strategic information. THAT AIN'T A GOOD THING. TRUST ME.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And what if your response was the one desired? Wouldn't that make you the subject? And what if you're working on conjunction with one of the agents and my response to your response was expected and now I'm the subject?

Nothing like a good paradigm.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
There is a thing that the Government calls "Open source intel". People who claim to work "within the system" are often given classified clearance and assigned to open source infiltration- like at ATS.
When a guy shows up saying he works in the system and will answer questions, we need to be careful because you can be sure that it is only a test.

Most open source snoops are low level spooks who can best be described as snitch's. They make a big deal out of things to get a promotion.

Correct. One thing I find about a lot of these guys is that they really dont use any facts to back up their claims. In most cases, depending on the theory they dont have any. When you slam them i'm sure you'll get on their list. But I do not really care. (I mean, if some of the theories are true we're screwed anyway) I enjoy slamming the disinformation pros with massive amounts of fact in the hopes of opening their eyes. Especially in regards the Offical Conspiracy Theory about 9/11 involving, the passports, and the UBL tape.

It helps to have all the insiders you can. Of course, more will replace the ones that do wake up. But, there are only so many people in the world =)

And what if your response was the one desired? Wouldn't that make you the subject? And what if you're working on conjunction with one of the agents and my response to your response was expected and now I'm the subject?

Very true. I've heard many insiders talk about their information as if they thought it had been planted there specifically for them to see. It is not uncommon to plant evidence, real or not, to get a reaction out of someone. Especially when you're dealing with high level government info.

Bill Cooper talks briefly about this in "Behold A Pale Horse". If you're unkown, he is an insider that came out about government manufacturing ufos, killing kennedy, among other things. In regards to the UFOs he said "At this point I don't know what to believe. It's not unlike this people to plant fake information.".

[edit on 27-4-2006 by tsensel]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Very good point shot messenger. I'm skeptical about people who just show up on this sight and clame to be in the "know" about all the conspiracies. Especially when on the internet you can never be 100% sure who someone really is. These people could just be doing it for attention or other reasons as stated above.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Not only is false information planted, but true information is planted. From there you can see where it leads.

Say the military leaks to someone they think is a mole that there will be a high profile figure rolling through Iraq in a convoy. The mole then reports to whomever and they set up an ambush. Then the military has found out who the mole was and in turn who they are working for. Of course if the suspected mole doesn't report you toss in some false information again and keep working around until you figure out who it is.

It's like a giant game of Clue.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
shot messanger,

You have it backwards. The definition of "open source" intelligence is information that has intelligence value, which can be obtained through "open sources" such as the internet, newspapers, TV & radio, magazines, blogs, and by just moving through areas that are considered "public property" and making observations.

Foreign governments (China being an excellent example) spend a lot of time, money & effort recruiting and training people to collect "open source" intelligence on other nations. Those nations with open societies are most at risk. This is viewed as a less-risky way of collecting intelligence, while avoiding the entanglements of espionage. Some more closed countries, like Russia and China, take a very dim view of the collection of "open source" intelligence within their borders, and US citizens have been arrested and prosecuted in these nations for collecting what is basically unclassified, public domain information.

A lot of valuable information can be gleaned from open sources. IMO, ATS is an excellent "open source" of intelligence, and I would not be surprised that there are many analysts from all over the world who regularly visit this website. Particularly, I have found some of the information (and images) posted by our regular Chinese (PRC) members/posters to be of excellent OS quality, and Im sure they are harvested by those interested parties.

In your original post, the activities you mention are collectively referred to as "disinformation". Disinformation is classified as a type of warfare, and is appropriately handled by the services branches in the theater of operation for which they are located/waging a conflict. Disinformation on a strategic scale is handled by the CIA. In both cases, disinformation is prohibited with the US and its territories - rules governing this type of activity are very similar to intelligence collection laws.

Bearing this in mind, unless all the ATS servers were physically located outside of the US, it would seem very unlikely that there would be active disinformation being posted on this site. Not to mention that the target audience (us) is probably way too small to be worth the effort, way too diverse in geographical location, nor do our opinions or actions have any effect on those operational things the military and the CIA would consider important.

Planting disinformation in a website frequented by self-avowed conspiricy fans is waaay below the government. Heck, we already get plenty of it from our regular members........

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have a thread here covering an interesting aspect of 'open source intelligence' with a good article link.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wait, wait wait...

So you're saying that if someone of worthwhile abilities and excellent communication skills comes onto ATS and starts disagreeing or discrediting people, then they are possibly government agents whose purpose is to keep us in line?

I guess I'll have to invent a new quote "You can't have your witch and burn her too!"

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That, right there, folks, is a good post of disinformation. Obviously trying to discredit the original poster. Or is this disinformation?

Just like how mant licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, the world may never know...

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Actually, shot messenger raises a valid concern. Pay close attention here, especially if you are American, our laws have changed overnight folks. They have the legal potential to criminalize dissent, the ability to track and monitor every single byte of data, and the 'legal' athority to do something about it now. Have no doubt that you are watched, and have no doubt that ATS is a priority. There has been a recent influx of new members asking odd and ambiguous questions, listing a number of conspiracies and almost demanding to know who here disagrees or agrees. Watch out folks, I am of the opinion that they are here en masse, and their motives are a little more sinister than just goading you along lately.

It doesn't take a genius to see the trend in the media either, they are taking the offensive against the "conspiracy theorists" now... show after show, article after article, they are spending the big bucks now in a pretty blatant attempt to discredit and stereotype us. They are taking us very seriously of late, and with the new laws here in the US especially we are going to have to be aware of this offensive, and learn to recognise our liabilities as conspiracy theorists. The internet isn't the anonymous forum it once was, you can be held accountable now for things you say literally in a Chat Room. They just rounded a woman up recently for sedition, be very careful what you say, how you say it, no joke.

We have all come here to this one site to collect, gather, and discuss information, and indeed some of which obviously would be damaging, incriminating, or otherwise demeaning not only to the current administration, but the whole system.
This is a treasure trove of dissention, a breeding ground for the open minds which they have put so much time and effort into closing. They are here, make no mistake about it, more so than ever.

For the first time in human history, we have true access to knowlege, true freedom of speech, and the ability to research or know just about damned anything. No system of government, no ruling classes, no aristocracy could withstand that kind of transparency for long because the structure we have become accustomed to is inherently corrupt. Hell yes they want to shut it down, monitor it, control it, and use it to find out who isn't playing the game by their rules and norms.
This has NEVER happened before in all of human history, and as we let them pass communication laws after laws in the name of protecting us, sadly it looks like it never will again.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks to ATS members who made this thread happen. I think it is quite relevant to our times.

Seems like the whole world is in the power of "Intelligence". I have yet to determine what that means, but I do believe there really are agents on the internet. All great intelligent people, no doubt!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't think or guess, I know that this site is controlled by government agencies. Still, there is a lot of interesting information, and as long as they let me research here, I am fine with it.
One day they may arrest or even kill all of us here...but they can do whatever they want anyway...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger

No, "open source intel" means people reading provincial newspapers in Urdu and Farsi.

top topics

join