It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Washington D.C. got nuked?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would think they would place a potential other capital as far away from NORAD and the likes as possible. To easy to take out to much of the national response system. Although, and I am not one to see NWO type stuff in many overt buildings, Denver Airport is terrifying. And the slowest one in the entire U.S. haha. You think the NWO could be a little more efficient.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Denver Airport is terrifying. And the slowest one in the entire U.S. haha.

I have flown through DIA many times as well as many other airports nationwide. DIA is one of the most efficient airports I have ever been to! I have never had a delay into DIA and only one delay out of it. If you fly into Concourse B or C your luggage is likely to be spinning around on the conveyor by the time you get there. Wanna talk about a bad airport...try connecting through Midway in the winter!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by SFRemmy
If it was a home grown act, most likely they'd declare martial law.

Where is someone within the US going to get a nuclear weapon without ties to international terrorists?

Yeah it is incredibly unlikely that someone in the US is going to have their own nuke. There's always the slight, unrealistic chance though like in "The Sum of All Fears" someone buys a bomb off the black market an uses it.

Again, EXTREMELY unlikely, but it is still a possibility.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Interesting post and question.
My guess would be that the country would stop. Actually the world would stop, first question would be, A WHAT was detonated where? Then the it would hit the fan. NORAD only would protect against a missile not a back pack bomb. And hence it would be difficult at first to determine who. First thing that would happen, is that they would have to immediately gain control over the country as most seperatist in the US and paramilitary groups would clump together and shoot to kill any one that came near them. Then any surviving government official would have to institure martial law, in all 50 states, with emphesis on possible trouble spots. Other areas would be the suspension of civil rights, as then there would not be a judicial part of the Government. The legislative portion would be crippled and if the president or vice president just happen to be out of state at the time, it would mean that the Executive branch would rule over the rest of the government. Conscriptions, drafting, of military personnel, and recall of retired personnel to be effective immediately. Rationing of essential items effective. IN short a military state that is paranoid, and on the religious right, not tolerant of opposing views.
That is what I believe will happen with a nuclear strike on DC. Personally I think Houston would be the prime target myself. Consider this, A nuclear missile. You take take the missile part and destroy it, but what of the nuclear materials that remain, there is no way to destroy it. If there was ever a threat to a nation, it would be that which holds the most deadliest of all materials on the planet.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
We never thought 911 would ever happen. We we all having a good time under Clinton. When George was nominated I just knew that coke smoker whould really mess this country up. And look what happened, two wars, global imperialism, loss of freedoms, etc. Now, what if they took this another step? Nuke the US and declare sole authority over the most powerful army on earth.

Is this true?, in order for the new world order to take control America must fall.

Is our country about to fall? I know its hard to think about, but we never saw 911 coming. Is this next?

I read somewhere that nuclear submarine commanders have the same authority of the president if this would happen. I'm not sure what this means.

Remember people...History does not stop...It is made every day.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mog_of_Eligius
We never thought 911 would ever happen. We we all having a good time under Clinton. When George was nominated I just knew that coke smoker whould really mess this country up. And look what happened, two wars, global imperialism, loss of freedoms, etc. Now, what if they took this another step? Nuke the US and declare sole authority over the most powerful army on earth.

Is this true?, in order for the new world order to take control America must fall.

Is our country about to fall? I know its hard to think about, but we never saw 911 coming. Is this next?

I read somewhere that nuclear submarine commanders have the same authority of the president if this would happen. I'm not sure what this means.

What global imperialism and which rights did we lose. Please answer with articles stating those two.I f you can.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

What global imperialism and which rights did we lose. Please answer with articles stating those two.I f you can.

Do you feel like reading?

www.againstbombing.com...
www.gazettetimes.com...
www.eff.org...
www.ccr-ny.org...='patriot%20act%20loss%20of%20freedoms'

How about this?

www.neravt.com...
www.antipasministries.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.h-net.org...

Dont come here and post you typical FOX news media pundant response. If you are blind to the truth, please do not be offended that I am a thinking and and reasoning human. Your post is ignorant. Look at these links I list. PROVIDE one that disputes this information and I will provide 5 that support it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If Washington D.C. got nuked

1. Everyone will go haywire, the president will declare a state of martial law.

2. Be 99 percent sure, we will go to war

3. It's definitely going to turn into a global dilemma which leads to ...

4. Every country is going to be involved no matter what

5. This will create a state of worldwide tension and distrust among countries

6. can possibly lead to a world war (meaning it involves many many countries, not just a 1 vs 1 battle.)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

As long as were talking about something that we read and have no links to back it up, I'll try to answer that question.

During the cold war the Soviet subs had to get launch codes from the Kremlin before they could shoot off a nuke. American subs did not. The Commander of an American sub could launch a nuke using nothing more than his say so. He had the codes for a launch.

Like I said, I read that and can't back it up with anything more than my sad memory, but it may be the answer to your question.

wupy

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
so are we on the road to ww3 or has it already started? you be the judge....

now, what options do we have to stop the continuation of ww3 (which already is in the making w/ iraq, afghanistan, israel/palestine)? PEACE. WORLD PEACE. that is our only solution. until we can learn that we are all humans with equal rights there will be deaths every day. i find it sad that it took people so long to realize this. thousands of years brah...our ancestors are freaking ignorant morons. its up to us now to win this battle of minds. who will stand by me in a unified peaceful world? i sure as hell arent going to be drafted to fight in iraq and i am never going to let the government tell me whos boss. you know who's really boss? the one and hes getting pretty sick and tired of all the bull# humanity has been pulling over the ages. the third dimension is moving towards destruction, which means we have to find safe haven in the fourth...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I would think that if all the lobbyists are there then that may not be such a bad thing....Ok that was just a joke so please nobody get too bent out of shape.

A situation where congress and most of the Chain of Command were killed was covered by Tom Clancy in Debt of Honor. Read the book it details how congress would be reformed.

Now if an attack like that happened and say that none of the members of the Govt. escaped, namely both houses of congress and the POTUS and VP. Whoever is senior would become POTUS. Likely it would be Rice as she is out of the country more then anyone higher then her in the Chain of Command.

It would then fall to the Gov. of the states to appoint members to congress until elections are held.

As for what the retailiation would be, well it would come down to who supplied the weapon and who used it. Standard US Military policy is to respond in kind to any type of attack on the US. You can bet the US would be detonating our own nukes over target cities within a week of that attack. I would also guess that the Military would declare Martial Law depending on how many of the members of the Govt. are still alive.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thing is, contrary to Bush's "if you're not with us you're against us" (Funny Anakin Skywalker said almost the exact same thing ;p) Terrorists don't HAVE a single country as a target. So say DC gets nuked from a sleeper cell or something.. so the best idea is to fire Nukes at countries that MIGHT be housing terrorists? the possibilities if you're wrong are too horrible to admit. Responding in kind isn't the answer, even though that's likely what would happen. Is it really worth killing a million innocent people and irradiating the soil of a nation for 10000 years just to kill a cell? Doesn't that just turn the US into what they're trying to defeat?

Nothing justifies nuclear war, not even a nuclear strike by our enemies.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If DC got nuked, expect Cheney to be running the show from his bunker, whilst Rummy peers over his shoulder offering encouragement. A bit like the 9/11 events but on a bigger scale

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

Do you feel like reading?

www.againstbombing.com...
www.gazettetimes.com...
www.eff.org...
www.ccr-ny.org...='patriot%20act%20loss%20of%20freedoms'

How about this?

www.neravt.com...
www.antipasministries.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.h-net.org...

Dont come here and post you typical FOX news media pundant response. If you are blind to the truth, please do not be offended that I am a thinking and and reasoning human. Your post is ignorant. Look at these links I list. PROVIDE one that disputes this information and I will provide 5 that support it.

You have to do better than those articles on the patriot act. You can thank 9-11 if you feel that you have lost some freedoms. Did these loses of freedom change your life? I haven't seen any change.
As for the Imperialism,I don't agree with you.Every country has done what we have. What countries have we taken over that we say is ours and we control.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If a nuclear bomb goes off in D.C.... Hmmmm.. This would be very exciting to see.

I love great movies and video games but nuclear holocaust would take the cake.

I tell you what i would do.. I would move to the midwest preferably to a forest with lots of caves. I would bring lots of beer, munitions, friends, family and start my own militia.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No country dare to do this , unless they want to go back the Stone Age !

[edit on 28-4-2006 by dysbindin]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
'stone age' is a state of mind, not technology. Technology doesn't guage ones level of existence
spiritually and mentally the world already IS back to the stone age.

If the USA fell, do you think the world would revert to prehistoric man? I agree there would be a massive power vacuum, which will likely be filled by Great Britain and NATO at first, and possibly Russia. But I don't think we'd drop back down to cromagnon technology. After all, Rome fell and the world moved on.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I am wondering what would happen if Washington D.C. got nuked.

We would all wait until next week's episode of 24 to see what happened next.

Alternatively, it would probably be be because the US has invaded/attacked/pissed off one country too far, or it was an 'inside job' to prep the population for a war against another country.

Give me an I R A N

or

C H I N A.

Whoever is the baddy of the week.

apc

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If DC falls, Topeka, Kansas automatically falls under Martial Law and becomes the new capital. If anyone in Washington is still alive, and it is safe for them to do so, they immediately move to the Kansas capital. Smack in the center of the country. A manoeuver leftover from the Cold War.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
everyone is talking about nuke responses in the event we are nuked but i also think other technology never before publicly divulged would be used as part of the counter-attack. i'm certain black project type items are being used right now all around the world, but, they would really be unleashed if we were attacked in such a manner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join