It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Washington D.C. got nuked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am wondering what would happen if Washington D.C. got nuked.

Who would do such a thing. Would it be a homegrown patriot seperatist group? An Islamic cell? Some one else. Could it be a rouge in our own military who wants to take charge? Would it be an inside job?

Then how would this country survive? Would our states become more powerfull?

Martial law? Roving bands of criminals? Would this make Katrina look like a spring rain?

Would our country be invaded at our weakest time. Would we have military leaders running things?

Would it be like striking at the heart of the NWO? Would it be for the good of the country - empire?

Would we have more freedoms? Would we become enslaved to the Chinese? Would it start a nuclear war?

Please dont flame me, I am just throwing this out there to discuss what ifs.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Mog_of_Eligius]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Umm im pretty sure there would be nuclear retaliation against the government or areas where the attackers were from. Im sure the prez would be safe same with the constitution and declartion of independence. But im not sure about congres I guess the shadow government would have to craw out from their bunker in puerto rico.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd predict HUGE-SCALE retaliation and most likely the start of a nuclear war. We've been in 'weaker' situations in the past before than we would be in if a single city got nuked, and were not invaded at those times; but, who knows? I don't think everyone in line to take the President's place would be killed; at least 1 of them would most likely be somewhere other than D.C. at the time; and they would assume the position of President. Not sure about the other things. I doubt our states would take much power from the national government. I'd actually have to assume that the national government would take more matters into its own hands, and actually assume more power. If China was behind the nuclear attacks, the retaliation would not be pretty... I doubt we would be enslaved by China. I'm pretty sure that if China started a nuclear war, we would take them down with us.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Omniscient]

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If it was a home grown act, most likely they'd declare martial law.

They'd then use that as a convenient excuse to round up and "deal" with anyone they have problems with. They get a chance to restructure the country, and do it without opposition.

There's gotta be some plan in place in case DC gets nuked and the president goes down.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
There's gotta be some plan in place in case DC gets nuked and the president goes down.

I agree; the possibility of this is most likely something that has crossed the minds of leaders at meetings various times, and I'm sure they have at least some type of EAP (Emergency Action Plan) pre-planned in the event that this actually happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm sure the shadow government would immediately come into play. All communications in DC would be knocked out by the EMP and until it was determined who was alive and who was dead the country would be run from some bunker in who-knows-where.

If it was a terrorist attack I doubt they would just start firing missiles all willy-nilly like. They would take the time to figure out how and from where the attack originated and then proceed to melt a foreign land.

Scary thought.

wupy

[edit on 26-4-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There is always a plan B. I hear that in Cheyenne Mountain( I believe that is the correct spelling) the government has a full replacement staff to run the country. Everyone knows that under the major political buildings( White House, Pentagon, etc) are fallout shelters and tunnels with which to exit. Basically the government will still function.
As far as mass panic and rioting, whats left of the armed forces who are stationed here would be turned on the public. Curfews, detainments, incarcerations are all fair game. Any action could be met with DEADLY FORCE!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I mean up here in Michigan and Wisconsin we have thousands of men who own several deer rifles and know the woods like the backs of their hands. I mean how would you control people like this. It seems like groups or compounds would form up, generating and growing from a family nucleus into a powerfull militia.

Would US troops fire on US civilians? I can't name my source but I was told yes.

And in the cities I can see complete break down of civil order. In katrina half the police force left. Who would control the rioters.

I think the economy would plummit, interstate travel become very restricted and half of the countrys population starving to death.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You've all go t to be kidding me? We saw the "shadow government" come ALIVE on sep11. Remember, Cheney adn Co MADE IT CLEAR that CHeney was underground, incharfe of "nuclear rescources" and in a "command bunker" WTF?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
somebody, send me spell check.......... please

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What happens though if it's unexpected?

Like they haven't tracked any nuke or anything, but it's as if it came out of nowhere, the DC was just gone?

How would they know who did it?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
If it was a home grown act, most likely they'd declare martial law.

Where is someone within the US going to get a nuclear weapon without ties to international terrorists?

I think the plan in a nuclear attack is to evacuate to Mt. wheather. Cheyenne mountain, while being able to withstand a nuclear attack, is not where the president would go.

and no!
we dont house stargates at cheyenne mountain either!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When the (radioactive) dust settled we would most likely hear that they had found a passport of an alQueda operative in the middle of Pennsylvania Ave. and traced it back to _____________________ (fill in the name of an oil-rich nation that we havn't yet invaded).

BAU - business as usual

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Guess what?? All those underground bunkers built in DC have ONE design flaw.......you actually have to be in them for them to work. If someone sneaks in a nuke and detonates, I don't think he'll anounce it and it will be a true surprise attack.

It's all gonna be controlled at first through NORAD. That facility built into the mountains that controls all our nuclear weapons? I believe it's built inside a mountain for....just such an emergency............

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What about radio-particle detectors (not sure if that's the right term.) I live in DC and have not seen them, although I am sure they are everywhere and all the helicopters that make it hard to sleep at night have to be mounted with something of the sort. I feel confident that their would be time for POTUS and the chain of command to be safely moved. As for me in my apartment building

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Where is someone within the US going to get a nuclear weapon without ties to international terrorists?

remember that boy scout who made a nuclear reactor in his shed? it worked and he was making uranium.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If Washington DC was nuked it would have to be done by a group from inside the US. No country or organization from outside the US would do it. Removing the political leadership even briefly might just allow the US to function efficiently for a while. This would then lead to the wholesale destruction of whomever set off the nuke without the BS political concerns.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If Washington D.C. got nuked I can guarantee you that Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld and the rest of the lot would miraculously be so far away from D.C. at the time and that all us citizens would be so grateful that they all escaped a vaporized fate and that America could go on strong hunting down those terrorists who commited such an atrocity, under the command of Dubya the terrorist smoker outer.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't remember where, but somewhere along the line I recall hearing contentions that Denver would be the site of a replacement Capital if D.C. were rendered uninhabitable. It makes sense considering the proximity to NORAD/Cheyenne Mountain.

Does anyone else remember hearing about this?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If Washington DC was nuked, it wouldn't change a thing.

After all, it's only a branch office.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join