It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else like to eat raw ground beef?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was making hamburgers last night for my g/f and I and I started with about 2 lbs. of ground beef. I made two 2/3 lb. burgers and ate the rest of the ground beef raw. I freakin' love the taste of raw ground beef........mad cow be damned!!!!!!!

Why do we even cook ground beef anyways? That's communist as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you sucked down the raw ground beef?

Wow!

How about taking a picture of yourself next time doing this because I could use a new Wall paper.

My question is how did you come across knowing you enjoyed the taste of this? I couldn't see me ever eating raw ground beef.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ewwww.

just thinking about that makes me want to vomit.
so much for lunch

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I was making hamburgers last night for my g/f and I and I started with about 2 lbs. of ground beef. I made two 2/3 lb. burgers and ate the rest of the ground beef raw. I freakin' love the taste of raw ground beef........mad cow be damned!!!!!!!

Why do we even cook ground beef anyways? That's communist as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

well because its HUMANE to cook meat before you eat it. because cooing meat kills MOST bacteria and diseases found in raw meat.

why dont ya just eat a live cow?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
1 lb. Filet Mignon or top sirloin, freshly ground, medium grind
2 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 *fresh* egg yolk
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
3 tbsp. capers, drained
4-5 dashes hot pepper sauce
Seasoned salt (i.e. Lawry's) to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp. cognac (opt.)

Mix together all ingredients lightly to avoid packing the meat too much. Refrigerate for two hours after mixing. Mound steak tartare on chilled plates and serve immediately. Try with toasted French bread.

Think you like it out of the package? Try this.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
wow this guy i work with said just last night how he loves the taste of raw ground beef he eat's it all the time

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
well because its HUMANE to cook meat before you eat it.

I didn't realize it was inhumane not to cook a dead animal.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I thought it was humane to the bacteria..LOL

Better than dying in the digestive acid pit..!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I absolutely cannot open a package of hamburg and NOT eat part of it raw! So I always have to buy enough to compensate for my habit.

Yes, Yes I know all of the bad things that can happen, I have been warned all my life. I even wait to start with the convulsions after satisfying my addition. Nothing matters though, it is delicious.

Sticks and stones will break my bones...etc. I have been called horrifying names because of this addiction. Believe me, it just does not matter.

Bring on the steak tartar, yummy!

Mahree

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You know, I think I would like to try it, but I don't think I will, even the steak tartare (I remember the first time my mother ordered it and I couldn't believe it was something edible). It's got to be the worst meat to eat raw, bacteria, yech. But I think it must be just something culturally, as I've seen travel programs where a family will sit around their kitchen floor eating raw seal. Tempting.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Its one thing to eat raw steak but eating raw ground beef thats been ground in a meat department is stupid. I used to work in a meat department, and I can tell you theres a risk of a worker grinding pork in a grinder thats used for beef. And they dont switch gloves between working with chicken and beef. Youve basically got a good chance of ingesting paracites. So dont say i didnt tell you so when youve got a foot long parasite in your butt. Besides cooking meat breaks down the protiens making it easier to digest.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
We buy 1/4 of a 'clean' beef, organically grown and it's SOOO tempting to eat some raw but I don't. I feed a few bites to the dogs, though. I wouldn't even be tempted by supermarket beef. But I hear you.

That's a true carnivore!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My wife once told me her ex ate raw ground beef and I thought 'wtf?!'...i know this guy, and he is a bit out there.

Now I come across this post. So ya know what? I'm gonna try it. I have such bad bacteria constantly in my stomach that the thought of a few more isn't really scary (even though I just got over the stomach flu!).

The cow was one of gods greatest creations...proving his love for us.
the bull god!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
mad cow be damned!!!!!!!

Dude...
Nevermind Mad Cow (cooking beef won't help anyways) eating raw ground beef is a good way to get food poisoning like e-coli.

Now I know why so many of your posts involve you reading something in the washroom

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlassRunner
And they dont switch gloves between working with chicken and beef. Youve basically got a good chance of ingesting paracites.

Yuk,
Yuk....eating hamburg meat raw doesn't sound so wonderful when you put it that way. If that image comes to me the next time I'm tempted it just may cure me of my addiction.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've tried it a few times when I've made ground beef at home in my food processor, and it does taste pretty good.
I'd be very worried about eating it from the store without cooking it first though.

Between my husband trying to get a few pinches of raw meat and my three cats demanding some, it's a wonder that any of it gets to the frying pan in my house.......

Have some on the hoof Dr Love.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I've tried it a few times when I've made ground beef at home in my food processor, and it does taste pretty good.

There's the key, right there. Went back and reviewed my contribution and "horrors" I didn't specify to buy the filet and grind it yourself. If you have a food processor, cut the filet into cubes and give it a few pulses until you have a medium grind. Unless you really, really know and trust your butcher, if you're going to eat raw ground beef, grind it yourself.

Sorry.

I stand by the above recipe, though.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm proud to say that I havn't eaten raw beef and never will. Why would you want to? When a grilled hamburger, overflowing with grease and cheese is soo much better?

Each to their own I guess!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, I tried some raw ground beef tonight. Tasted a bit hamburgery (duh!), but really bland. Not enough flavor for me, I guess. I'll stick to well done, myself.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I used to enjoy Steak Tartare, until the whole e-coli think came up. (Thanks again, mindless industrial commodification.)

I still will cut off the surfaces of steak, and eat some before it goes on the grill.

I also have a penchant for small, furry hats. But that's a whole 'nother thread.

<<   2  3 >>

join