It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else like to eat raw ground beef?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've tasted raw beef but I prefer raw ground lamb. Ground up finely with bulghur wheat and some finely chopped onion, some spices...mmmmm yummy.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I was making hamburgers last night for my g/f and I and I started with about 2 lbs. of ground beef. I made two 2/3 lb. burgers and ate the rest of the ground beef raw. I freakin' love the taste of raw ground beef........mad cow be damned!!!!!!!

Why do we even cook ground beef anyways? That's communist as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

I've never tasted raw ground beef before but I wouldn't try it for safety reason. Any kind of meat that is ground you should cook thoroughly. It's safer to have a steak that is rare in the middle and cooked on the outside because the bacteria that makes you sick is on the outside of the meat. With ground meat it's different because the meat is ground up and mixed so the bacteria is mixed all through it.

You may think it taste good eating raw ground beef but you are taking a big chance at getting sick.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thats to funny, I love the taste of raw hamburger. I've been eatling a little bit here and there ever since i was a little girl. Always to get yelled at and told I was going to get worms, or some other disease. Although I do try to watch doing it so much now due to the Mad Cow thing, but still catch myself sneaking a taste here and there!

nitevixen440

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
my dad used to eat it, when ever my mom would be making hamburgers my dad would always have her make him a patty of raw meat. he would put a ring of raw onion and salt and pepper.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
this whole concept is mind blowing. i dont know what to think.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ive ate is before, but its not the best thing in the world. here is great if you want a tapeworm

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
its not healthy.

add to the fact that most the time people eat the high fat ground beef... and its a closer shot to the grave.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by krossfyter]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Dude...
Nevermind Mad Cow (cooking beef won't help anyways) eating raw ground beef is a good way to get food poisoning like e-coli.

When I was 17, I came down with e-coli poisoning after ingesting raw hamburger and spent a week in the hospital followed by six months on mega-antibiotics. No joke, it almost killed me (kidneys filled with bacteria). Since then, I only eat hamburger cooked, never raw again. E-coli is nothing to mess around with. A couple years ago, two people died from eating tainted hamburger sold at a nearby supermarket. Shaws held a recall of ALL their hamburger sold just after that happened, and I took the packages I'd bought back to the store where they refunded me.

If you absolutely crave the raw stuff, I'd recommend grinding your own hamburger from steak or roast. Those cuts are less processed and less likely to be contaminated. As always, though, there is a risk. Better safe than sorry, I say.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
and ate the rest of the ground beef raw. I freakin' love the taste of raw ground beef........mad cow be damned!!!!!!!

Why do we even cook ground beef anyways? That's communist as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

Last year I had the chance to eat 2 KG of raw meat, not ground. I sliced it and I ate a little more than half KG. It was salty naturally. I gave the rest to hedgehogs and cats.

Five days ago I ate half a KG liver raw, I felt the veins pop in my mouth as I was chewing it. It was interesting, it had pure liver taste. Nice to see others eating raw meat.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Mmmmm!!! Ground round on little cocktail ryes with sliced onion, salt and pepper. That's the way to go! Haven't had it in awhile with all the worries about mad cow and e-coli, but back in the days it was a big thing here in Milwaukee. Sheesh, people would even serve it at weddings!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Mmmmm!!! Ground round on little cocktail ryes with sliced onion, salt and pepper. That's the way to go! Haven't had it in awhile with all the worries about mad cow and e-coli, but back in the days it was a big thing here in Milwaukee. Sheesh, people would even serve it at weddings!

HELL YEAH!!! (Hi Closettrekkie... seems like we have similar tastes in food and beverages). I second that. Ground Round (Ground Chuck will make you sick), fresh, on rye bread with salt pepper and onions... And a Miller beer to wash it down! Every Christmas someone at work will bring in raw beef sandwiches for the pot luck party. Must be a german thing.

BTW - My mom, bless her soul, who was born in Germany, used to eat lard sandwiches... left over bacon grease, on rye bread, with salt and pepper.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nice to hear from you my Miller drinking buddy! I come from a long line of Kochers and Kirshnicks so, yes it must be a German thing. I even married a German who likes his beer (yes, he drinks Miller too)

Never had the lard sandwich and not sure if I could stomach that - sounds too greasy.

Hope to bump into you again somewhere!

(Mind if I ask what part of Milwaukee you live in?) I was born in Milwaukee (Bayview), but now have moved out to Jefferson County.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When i make hamburger patties i eat the meat that sticks to my hands.

Its awesome with a little garlic powder.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My sister used to eat it all the time when my dad made sausage rolls.

I never got into it though, although I did have a rarer than blue steak the other week at a hotel.

The steak was so soft it was like fudge.

My fiancee was horrified.

I just mopped my potatoes in the seeping blood and kept eating.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Actually, when I was younger, I used to like to get garlic salt and put some on raw ground beef... Yeah..I haven't done it recently,but I used to do it quite frequently.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I used to love eating ground beef raw when i was a kid. I used to steal the season-all shaker and go to town. I think im not the only one either- my brothers and my uncle did it too. It was almost unheard of to have fresh ground beef around without a few fingers being in the pack before burger time. I haven't tried it in about ten years but i can remember the taste. YUMMMMM!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeahright's steak tartare sounds interesting.
Probably safe enough if you grind the meat yourself and use truly clean utensils.

Food poisoning be bad.
You get so sick you're afraid you're gonna die.

Then you get sicker and you're afraid you're not gonna die....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What may help in the flavor dept is to get the leanest ground beef and add 20% of ground sausage.
Jimmy Dean's unspiced sausage is a good choice.

Cook well and enjoy.

Best when grilled in a BBQ, gas or charcoal works equally well although I like using my little Weber Smoky Joe.
Run a hot fire and close the top vents all the way if there's a flare-up.

With the vents closed, the BBQ will generate a lot of hot smoke and that adds a lot to the flavor.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
When my mom used to be making anything with raw ground beef i would take some and have it.. i loved it actually. Funny how she was more worried that i would get sick from the raw egg in the meatloaf mix than the raw meat.

No wonder sushi is no biggie for me..

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Oh dear...
lol.

I don't eat meat anymore, so I'm gonna have to pass on the "Steak Tartare"...

But when I did, I never had the urge to eat it Raw. I was/am much too paranoid for that kinda thing.. You have guts Dr.Love, you have guts

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I've tasted raw beef but I prefer raw ground lamb. Ground up finely with bulghur wheat and some finely chopped onion, some spices...mmmmm yummy.

Kibbeh Nayeh! ?

Yummmmm, I never did appreciate this dish my family makes (and often) until I was much older. Ground raw lamb used to horrify me as I never could even eat it cooked lol But now I love it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join