It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina was used as an excuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Family members and I have come to the conclusion that the levies in New Orleans were tampered with. We think there is a possibility they were deliberately destroyed or sabotaged during the huricane.
It's our belief that major corporations wish to purchase the land which has been occupied by the poorest in New Orleans for many years. The U.S. Government is involved and the proof is the continued lack of aid being sent to New Orleans and the lack of concern from the administration.
There seems to be no interest in cleaning up or rebuilding the sections of the city which are completely destroyed. It's a terrible thought, but we believe racism is partly to blame.
It is our theory that because many of the landowners are below poverty level they will be unable to pay for the cleanup of their property. We believe the cleanup fees will not be paid for by the government or the state and so those who are unable to afford to cleanup their property will lose it.
We think that taxes on the properties will go unpaid because the owners can't afford to pay and many don not live on the properties due to the level of destruction. The result will be seizure by the government or mass purchase of the properties by corparations interested in developing the realestate.

I'd like to know if anyone has thought of this or if anyone disagrees.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I would have to disagree with any notion that the levies may have been tampered with, the storm itself was deffinately enough to to destory them. I have read on the board where people are discussing whether or not Katrina was planned, this too is alittle far fetched as well.

But when you say Katrina was used as a scapegoat for other things, I would agree with you on that. Look what 9/11 has been used for, this has put the country to war which may escalate into a World War.

Only time will tell.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yah, I don't beleive they were tampered with.

The storm was indeed strong enough to take out the levies.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
WE ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU. WHAT ABOUT THIS ADD-ON, THE POOR BLACKS THAT WERE ONCE SLAVES IN AMERICA ARE NOW THE POOR OF AMERICANS. NEW ORLEANS IS PROFITABLE AND FULL OF POTENTIAL. MAYBE IT HAS OIL, LOTS OF IT!!!!!! AND THAT IS WHY THEY HAS BEEN A "LAND GRAB"

Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Has anyone here been to NO I have and enjoyed myself while I was there but being from the north I also noticed that Knowone owned there own property over half of the homes that were destroyed were used as rental property, there were whole neighborhoods were only two or three families owned or were buying there own home everyone else was renting. I do bleive that is the whole problem who is going to own the land now!!!! I also beleive that there shouldnot be a Broke or Poor Black person in NO right now the opportunity after Katrina is so great that knowone should be without employment or at the least getting Gov. assistance to start your own bussiness. Why doesn't the State try to round up some of those people who they showed in the video's running around NO with there pants hanging down around there ankles grabbing stealling TV's and everything else and teach them how to lay concrete or use a saw or do landscaping ther will be big business and growning comanpies all over NO once the reconstruction is underway I would like to see how many of those up and coming companies are going to be minority owned. This should be the wakeup call for the Black community down there to say we are reciveing all of this money and effort from the people of the US let's put it to good use and teach our people how to do something beside sell drugs to the tourist of NO.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past some companies to try to purchase the land, but I don't believe you have any real evidence to support your claims. The lack of aid isn't proof of tampering at all. It is, however, proof of our government's shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam00nl This should be the wakeup call for the Black community down there to say we are reciveing all of this money and effort from the people of the US let's put it to good use and teach our people how to do something beside sell drugs to the tourist of NO.

Whoa! Where in the world were you in the city that you saw neighborhoods that only had "like 3 homes that were owned"?? I am very curious to know where this area is, because I have been here all my life, and I see that as bull.

Teach our people how to do something besides sell drugs to tourists?!? Please, you have no idea what you are talking about. I assume that you possibly had only been to the French Quarter, where the hustlers do hang out. They are of all colors though, not just one, and I think your overgeneralization was borderline racist.

Recieving all this money? I would like to know exactly how much you think these people are getting. Remember, if they didn't own their home, they're not getting insurance money. FEMA gave money out, yes, but if you look at how much things are here, you would maybe understand why they don't have money. Take a look at some figures of how many people actually are recieving SBA Loans, I think that notion of yours will be knocked out of the water as well. Do you realize that rent now in the city is on average about $1000/mo. for a one bedroom apartment? Do you also realize that a lot of lower income people are still working at minimum wage (5.15)?

Really, what area did you visit, because I am really not catching what part of the city you are in.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Investigateur
Family members and I have come to the conclusion that the levies in New Orleans were tampered with. We think there is a possibility they were deliberately destroyed or sabotaged during the huricane.
It's our belief that major corporations wish to purchase the land which has been occupied by the poorest in New Orleans for many years. The U.S. Government is involved and the proof is the continued lack of aid being sent to New Orleans and the lack of concern from the administration.
There seems to be no interest in cleaning up or rebuilding the sections of the city which are completely destroyed. It's a terrible thought, but we believe racism is partly to blame.
It is our theory that because many of the landowners are below poverty level they will be unable to pay for the cleanup of their property. We believe the cleanup fees will not be paid for by the government or the state and so those who are unable to afford to cleanup their property will lose it.
We think that taxes on the properties will go unpaid because the owners can't afford to pay and many don not live on the properties due to the level of destruction. The result will be seizure by the government or mass purchase of the properties by corparations interested in developing the realestate.

I'd like to know if anyone has thought of this or if anyone disagrees.

as for the thing with the levey tampering, im not suprised they would think that. I am in the missourri army national guard and was sent to new orliens (sp.) for the month of october. while I was there we had to guard certan areas. we basicly were there because of the massive public outcry, thats really the only reason really. for some reason when that danged city got hit everybody seemed to think the army should rush in and fix it. well ladies and gents, that is not our job. we are here to protect this country from threats both foreign and domestic. We are not like the coast guard, there to come get ur dumb but when your little boat has an oopsss moment.
One of the places I had to spend a lot of time at was a detention center, one day a heavy set lady about 6 foot, came looking for her son. she demanded he be let go even though no one knew who her kid was (turned out to be a guy in his 30's) when she came up to the front entrance (I was instructed to not let any civilians in unless the police say its okay) luckily there was a police officer there smoking and she started to takeing care of it. the lady gave her kids description and name what he was doing (told us that he WAS stealing and that he WAS participateing in a gang , shooting his gun and breaking into houses) so the cop asked and he was there, but no release. so the civilian looked around and then started to get upset like she was going to hit some one( I thought she was going for the cop since it looked like she was mostly a lone) so me and my buddy came in to get the odds on the side of the cop and she started with this "damned white" chit. called me a damned white and blamed every thing and the cat on us damned white folk, the hurricane comeing the flood and every thing. Im sorry I dont have a secret weather machine that makes raceist hurricanes or any thing. your white nebors got it just as bad as the rest of the dumb arses who were refuseing to get out and still refused afterward when there house was half flooded, no electricity, no clean water (a few sewage plants had been flooded so no drink any thing unless its unopened bottled water) no food (we asked them if they had any) and they still damned stayed and they still blame there hardship on the rest of the contry. the army and red cross went out of there way to get help to those people, they refused it. that is why there is so much suffering down there, they had the chance to have some common sence and said hell no!!! just venting some.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by jam00nl This should be the wakeup call for the Black community down there to say we are reciveing all of this money and effort from the people of the US let's put it to good use and teach our people how to do something beside sell drugs to the tourist of NO.

Whoa! Where in the world were you in the city that you saw neighborhoods that only had "like 3 homes that were owned"?? I am very curious to know where this area is, because I have been here all my life, and I see that as bull.

Teach our people how to do something besides sell drugs to tourists?!? Please, you have no idea what you are talking about. I assume that you possibly had only been to the French Quarter, where the hustlers do hang out. They are of all colors though, not just one, and I think your overgeneralization was borderline racist.

Recieving all this money? I would like to know exactly how much you think these people are getting. Remember, if they didn't own their home, they're not getting insurance money. FEMA gave money out, yes, but if you look at how much things are here, you would maybe understand why they don't have money. Take a look at some figures of how many people actually are recieving SBA Loans, I think that notion of yours will be knocked out of the water as well. Do you realize that rent now in the city is on average about $1000/mo. for a one bedroom apartment? Do you also realize that a lot of lower income people are still working at minimum wage (5.15)?

Really, what area did you visit, because I am really not catching what part of the city you are in.
im not saying its only the black comunity down there selling drugs but when those who headed out when the evacuation order was given all those who stayed seemed to be interested in was looting and selling drugs (if they had them to sell) very few appeared to be trying to rebuild or clean up.

while I was there the gangs thought it was gona be great, for them. we were told if they got a free hand they would expect a free hand when every one came back. this could cause alot more trouble than was necisary.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You know jack!!
If you know so much, tell me"Why did the le-v-ee-s give?"

Thats right...it is LEVEES, not levies.

top topics

join