It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Israel Have Nukes???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The new king of Jordan has some big brass ones for even suggesting this. With Iran talking trash about wiping Israel off the face of the Earth, he comes up with this idea. Let's face it, it is just a ploy to try to put the pressure of the anti-nuke nuts on Israel. Look I'm not in favor of nuclear weapons, but the fact is that they exist and they are not going to go away. Let's deal with this from a point of reality not fantasy. Israel is there, the Arab states want Israel gone, Iran is trying to develope nuclear weapons and they have stated that they will use them on Israel. If the king of Jordan was serious about peace he would recognize Israel's existance.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If Israel is free to have hundreds of nukes, free to deny any inspectors in, and free to develop further nuclear technology, then so are their neighbours.

Makes sense to me, but I'm not Zionist.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
If the king of Jordan was serious about peace he would recognize Israel's existance.

You have voted JIMC5499 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

This one quote from your post says it all, even for the entire Middle East that wishes to see Israel destroyed.

The thread is titled "Should Israel have nukes?"

I'm glad to see that the majority of those who answered are in favor of Israel keeping the nukes that she has.

Israel is the Jews land by all rights and if nukes is the force behind Israels existance (of course God's power is behind their existance) then by all means she should have them.

Thanks to all those who are in favor of Israel to have them.

BTW, I know that nuclear weapons are the most fearsome and destructive weapon ever created by man but then this weapon keeps the ones who seek to destroy freedom and liberty in check.

So all I can say is what Ozzie Osborne said: Thank God for the bomb!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am in favor of Israel keeping the nukes they have. In my opinion nukes are a great thing if and only if they are not used. If not used, they are simply a great defensive item. Other countries surely will not want to go to war simply because they are afraid of the nukes. A great example of this is the Cold War in which both Russia and the United States feared nuclear war. Thus, if Israel has nukes, let them keep them! They are great for preventing war.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Of course Jordan doesn't want them to have nuclear weapons; considering that Jordan doesn't have any of their own. I bet you if they did, they wouldn't be calling for this. But I must partially agree.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I'm glad to see that the majority of those who answered are in favor of Israel keeping the nukes that she has.

Israel is the Jews land by all rights and if nukes is the force behind Israels existance (of course God's power is behind their existance) then by all means she should have them.

Thanks to all those who are in favor of Israel to have them.

BTW, I know that nuclear weapons are the most fearsome and destructive weapon ever created by man but then this weapon keeps the ones who seek to destroy freedom and liberty in check.

wow....israel is the jewish land by all rights? how did you come to that conclusion? because they owned it for the past 60 years or so? jewish AND muslim lived in that land for a very long time, and both have a religious connection to it. How did it become "the jewish land by all rights"? Its statements like this that i become sure that peace will never be. Because people believe that the jewish people own this land by default.

and your last paragraph just blows me right away. WE seek to destroy freedom, liberty, and life in general. WE seek to screw the middle east for their resources. Dont believe it, well iraqs economy is taking major blows. not because of terrorist attacks though, by 20 percent, 4.2 billion dollars worth, of their main resource, oil, is being stolen right out of their country. The government that WE instilled in their country, now according to new reports, needs to have a crackdown on it because of the MASSIVE corruption of these officials. YOU may want peace, but YOU arent them, and they want money. OUR nuclear weapons, insure that we can boss other countries without nuclear weapons around like iraq, and iran. Notice we havent said anything about N Korea since they got nuclear weapons? Why, because we can boss them around anymore. Nuclear weapons dont ensure freedom and liberty, they ensure the picking order of nations.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

If Israel is free to have hundreds of nukes, free to deny any inspectors in, and free to develop further nuclear technology, then so are their neighbours.

Makes sense to me, but I'm not Zionist.

I think most people who raise the "if Israel,Pakistan,India have em' why not Iran?" clause don't realise there something called the NPT of which these countries are NOT signatories and Iran is not. Nobody's saying that Iran HAS nukes but the only problem lies in the fact that they have been deceiving the international community and the IAEA for a decade or so and also violating the NPT by accessing nuclear tech from other countries outside the realm of the IAEA safeguards.
Israel can do whatever it likes firstly because it is not an 'open' nuclear weapons state and secondly because it is not bound by the NPT.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
whats the point of even having the NPT if you only make certain nations join it? If any nation that doesnt sign it doesnt have to worry, why sign it? Israel doesnt need to sign it because there is no reason to, which is BS. The NPT is worthless if nuclear powers and rising nuclear nation dont sign it, or arent pressured to. thats BS to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Israel doesn't need nukes. No country in the middle east should have nukes, as it will cause unrest. If one country in the middle east gets nukes, other countries in the region will too, or instead will get angry and there will conflict. Why does Israel need nukes? To use against Palestine? Bullcrap. Israel doesn't need them just like the rest of the middle east. This region should worry more about feeding their people and getting at least some order going.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well my humble opinion is that Israel definitely will keep/needs the nukes. And where did anyone come up with the "fact" that the Jews "stole" the land from the Muslims?
Didn't the Muslims begin in 632AD when some guy went into the hills, fell asleep on a rock, had a dream, came to a pagan temple and picked out the moon gods symbol to represent the new religion he was creating? All of this 100s of years after the Jews had been living there. (As slaves alot of the time, but there no less)
I mean I'll concede that there were Arabs there, but Muslims did not exist at that time in history. I am not saying that Israel has any more right, but if we are going to defend a historical right to ownership, would it not be the nomadic tribes that had a polytheistic religious belief. (similar to the Native American in that spirits exist in all things).
Now it seems every country surrounding Israel wants to make claim in the name of Islam. Well they can claim all they want, but there was no Islam at the time that they were all living there. SO Israel needs some deterent, and though I abhor the thought of the use of "nukes", they have served as a deterent very effectively for us and the russians.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
religious claims to the land will only end poorly. The jewish people arent a race as much as some would like to say they are. They are religion. As we know, countries founded on a certain religion will be bias and unfair. Now i dont live in Israel so i cant say how they are, but its just a tendency. A nation shouldnt be faith based, especially if other cultures have connections to that same land in which was declared a home for a certain religion. Its simply not right and unfair to the other religions and people.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Correction on my previous. It was 613, 632 is when they decided to go to war to bring all under Muslim rule.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Of course Jordan doesn't want them to have nuclear weapons; considering that Jordan doesn't have any of their own. I bet you if they did, they wouldn't be calling for this. But I must partially agree.

excellent point if they had them they probably wouldnt be saying what they are saying

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I understand nukes are terrible destructive weapons. But they are also one of the most incredible and great weapons.
I think countries can keep it but make a agreement of not firing any or the U.N will destroy that country.

Question u may ask: Why must they keep it if they can't fire any?
er.. I don't know, perhaps they can use it to stop war (c'mon, everyone fear a nuclear war), destroy asteroids or scare aliens away

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Fredng]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
they can and will fire nuclear weapons it's just a matter of time before someone feels threatend enough to push the button or as some believe the NWO needs to reduce the population in accordance with the georgia guidestones

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by Omniscient

excellent point if they had them they probably wouldnt be saying what they are saying

So then wouldn't it be an even better point that why would Israel even mention anything or complain about another country wanting Nuclear energy? You are right Jordan would not be saying anything if she did have nuclear weaponry.Israel seems to think it can though for some reason. Jordan has every right to complain and they are not being hypocritical about it. They have a lot to be worried about because they have no clue where those nuclear weapons are even aimed, as does ANY other ME country that does not have nuclear capability. I'd worry alot if I had a neighbor that stored nuclear weapons next door to me too.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
Now it seems every country surrounding Israel wants to make claim in the name of Islam. Well they can claim all they want, but there was no Islam at the time that they were all living there. SO Israel needs some deterent, and though I abhor the thought of the use of "nukes", they have served as a deterent very effectively for us and the russians.

What does Palestinian statehood have to do with Religion? There are Christian Palestinians too. It just so happens that the majority of them are islamic and that the majority of the Arab nations surrounding them happen to be Islamic. This isn't about religion unless you look at it from the Jewish point of view that this was land promised to them by God. That would be the only religious aspect I could see in all this. It should be a humanistic thing more then a religious thing. Wether they are Muslim, Christian,Orthodox, Coptic, Jewish, Druze or Atheist, they should all be entitled to survive and have a place to call their home.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
listen pieman, the more you show your biased opinion of israel.... the more you confirm the reason they should have nukes. if the world was a fair place then their would be no need for any nukes anywhere. so thing's being as they are we are left with a multifasited nuclear stand off between arab nation's & isreal ....and communisim and capitalism

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
listen pieman, the more you show your biased opinion of israel.... the more you confirm the reason they should have nukes. if the world was a fair place then their would be no need for any nukes anywhere. so thing's being as they are we are left with a multifasited nuclear stand off between arab nation's & isreal ....and communisim and capitalism

Who has a biased opinion of Israel? You or me? You are the one promoting the fact that Israel is the special one that needs no oversight, no nuclear proliferation treaty and the right to bear Weapons of Mass Destruction on an unequal basis compared to other countries in the region and the world. The more I see people being biased to a country that is literally above the law the more I see it that Iran has a right to have nuclear weaponry as a counterbalance. I see no reason why the State of Israel may be more responsible in how they handle and treat WOMD's or the manufacture of them. Only THEY know for sure since no one else is able to inspect their nuclear sites and equipment. You can go ahead and say Im biased, but the fact remains that they have free and unfettered access to do as they please and that scares me. If it doesn't scare you, It should or maybe you know something about their intentions, targetting and state of their Nuclear facilities that the rest of the world and the countries that have to reside in the ME don't.
Weapons of Mass Destruction...how that name can change when held by an Arab so conveniently and not be biased or predjudicial, but in Israels hands its no longer a Weapon of Mass Destruction but a (Now putting an angelic look upon my face and batting my eyelashes) Weapon of Peace and Neutrality and if you are opposed to this idea you are considered Biased or even worse...anti-semitic...PUHLEEZE spare me with the attempts at calling ME Biased.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
pieman you should have answered ZMAX on page two i think your bias was clearly showing on those comments you made. you say that iran should be allowed to have nukes as a counter-balence. THAT is the most hair-brained idea i have ever heard..they would go offensive if they had the capability tommorow!!

israel has shown they exercise restraint with the nukes they have.. therfore they should be allowed to continue to have them as a deterent to any aggressor that might pose a threat!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join