Should Israel Have Nukes???

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes Israel should have nukes!

I know peace in the Middle East is anything but reality, but if Israel did not have a nuclear deterant i would imagine it would be ALOT worse!

Other countries may resist launching a full attack against them because of the nukes...knowing that upsetting the Israeli's could lead to all out nuclear war!


Mic




posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A standing army is what keeps jordan at bay. The fact that if they invade they might get counterinvaded, lose alot of assets (and likely lose) is what keeps them at bay. Nukes are, well never used. Even when sadam used something like wmds scuds, no nukes were used.

The nuke is a symbolic weapon in the modern day olny for use of a acoptolitic war, or in response to other nukes.

If you have a nuke you are acknowlaged.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz_psyker


The nuke is a symbolic weapon in the modern day olny for use of a acoptolitic war, or in response to other nukes.

If you have a nuke you are acknowlaged.
]

didnt someone once say that "a weapon unused is a usless weapon" people do think this way from time to time and i believe that eventually this type of thinking is going to get the button pushed...we could only hope that a nuclear weapon is symbolic because in the real world they are far more!



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal


didnt someone once say that "a weapon unused is a usless weapon"


That person didn't know of nukes then!!

No seriously, nukes are the greatest peace bringers since Gandhi!! I'm talking about nukes in the possession responsible states though, and IMHO Israel is one of them



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I understand that nukes can pring temporary peace but lets not confuse peace with control. The fact remains that nukes, although helpful today, can be apocolyptic tommorrow.

These bombs werent just made for symbolism, they were made to be used and if any of you remember Murphies Law the you know its only a matter of time!


But then again, mankind will do what it wants, I just hope that im one of the few survivors left so I can be the worlds new leader and destroy the robots that will try to enslave mankind..

HAIL ROBOT SLAYER



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
In 1946/7, the United Nations created the State of Israel in the Middle East. It was placed in a region called Palestine and Great Britain had the mandate to govern it, until it would be granted independence, in 1948.

In 1948, the Arab League [who had avowed the destruction of Israel] invaded on all fronts. After much bloodshed and intensely bitter fighting - most notably in Jerusalem, Gaza and Khan Yunis, the fledgling state of Israel won. Since then, every successive arab leader has publicly, or in private, avowed the destruction to the State of Israel.

In 1963, the Arab League decided to introduce a new weapon in its war against Israel — the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). The PLO formally came into being during a 1964 meeting of the first Palestinian Congress. Shortly thereafter, the group began to splinter into various factions. Ultimately, the largest faction, Fatah, would come to dominate the organization, and its leader, Yasser Arafat, would become the PLO chairman and most visible symbol. All the groups adhered to a set of principles laid out in the Palestine National Charter, which called for Israel's destruction.

Almost immediately, terrorist attacks on Israel intensified, as a prelude to preparing ground for an Arab invasion. Things started slowly but built in momentum until, finally, the Arab forces were assembling not along, but cunningly behind, the borders with Israel. It appeared to Israeli Intelligence that the Arabs would be in a position to invade their country at the earliest in April/May, but certainly, no later than August/September, when Iraqi units were expected to link up with Syrian forces.

To prevent this perceived invasion in the latter months of 1967, the Israeli's launched a massive pre-emptive strike against the air forces of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon in the early hours of June 5th. By 1000 hours, the combined air forces of Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria were all but destroyed. By mid-day of June 6th, Iraq's air force had also almost ceased to exist.

At the same time, armoured forces under the direct command of Moshe Dyan [Defence Minister] and commanded by Moshe Tal (Sinai), Ariel Sharron (Jordan and Lebanon) and Moshe Bar-Kochba (Barak Brigade) [Golan area] captured vast areas of the Arab countries. In 6 short days, Israel had fought against superior Arab forces and had resoundingly defeated them.

Then a couple of years later came Yom Kippor when Israel came close to loosing. No nuclear weapons were used to defend her state and whilst several smaller scale campaigns (wars) have taken place since, most notably the Israeli invasion of and eventual withdrawal from Lebanon, we have not seen a major conflict in the Middle East between Arab and Jew.

Why? Because the Arab League have consistently funded and supplied the PLO, Hammas, Black September, the lesser Peoples Front for the Liberation of Palestine and all the other lunatics fringe groupd like Hezbollah.

This is how the Arabs now wage war against Israel. They are not in a stong position militarily, to challenge and subdue a US backed Israel and neither have they the will to wage an unrelenting full scale military campaign against the Jewish state.

Now, however, there is a glimmer of light in the tunnel. Iran has taken up the challenge where both Syria and Iraq have failed.

Should the Iranians begin to develope enriched uranium for possible weapons use, and I for one do not think that Israel will allow them to, then more than ever, does Israel need her nuclear deterent.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Excellent post fritz...BUT...


In 1963, the Arab League decided to introduce a new weapon in its war against Israel — the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). The PLO formally came into being during a 1964 meeting of the first Palestinian Congress. Shortly thereafter, the group began to splinter into various factions. Ultimately, the largest faction, Fatah, would come to dominate the organization, and its leader, Yasser Arafat, would become the PLO chairman and most visible symbol. All the groups adhered to a set of principles laid out in the Palestine National Charter, which called for Israel's destruction.



Look familiar???

Link To Original Source!!!

Id change it asap before a mod sees it mate!

Sorry
Mic



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh the countless clueless…

As horrible as it would be, were they to be used. Nukes are, in large measure, a stabilizing force in world affairs.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Excellent post fritz...BUT...


In 1963, the Arab League decided to introduce a new weapon in its war against Israel — the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). The PLO formally came into being during a 1964 meeting of the first Palestinian Congress. Shortly thereafter, the group began to splinter into various factions. Ultimately, the largest faction, Fatah, would come to dominate the organization, and its leader, Yasser Arafat, would become the PLO chairman and most visible symbol. All the groups adhered to a set of principles laid out in the Palestine National Charter, which called for Israel's destruction.



Look familiar???

Link To Original Source!!!

Id change it asap before a mod sees it mate!

Sorry
Mic


Not too sure why. UN document in public domain. No copyright infringment. What am I supposed to do?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The following external source was used in my post. No copyright was infringed under internation copyright laws, as less than 5,000 words were used. When I can find the source in total, I will give credits.

Quote: 'In 1963, the Arab League decided to introduce a new weapon in its war against Israel — the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). The PLO formally came into being during a 1964 meeting of the first Palestinian Congress. Shortly thereafter, the group began to splinter into various factions. Ultimately, the largest faction, Fatah, would come to dominate the organization, and its leader, Yasser Arafat, would become the PLO chairman and most visible symbol. All the groups adhered to a set of principles laid out in the Palestine National Charter, which called for Israel's destruction' end quote.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A full and in depth account of the 6 Day War, can be found at the Jewish virtual Library - where my external source cam from.

Thanks to those who pointed out my error.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
One thing about those tough Arab armies,they know how to run and they know how to surrender. I guess when they are blowing up woman and children thats when they get tough. One example is the Gulf war,they couldn't surrender fast enough. The arab countries are made out to be strong,but one little country like Isrel can put them in their place.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
One thing about those tough Arab armies,they know how to run and they know how to surrender. I guess when they are blowing up woman and children thats when they get tough. One example is the Gulf war,they couldn't surrender fast enough. The arab countries are made out to be strong,but one little country like Isrel can put them in their place.


That’s a fact. Arab / Muslim armies have consistently had their rear ends handed to them since Andalucía in1339. Don’t look for this trend to change anytime soon.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Nukes are proven deterents, they are the largest factor as to why the Cold War never turned in WW3.


I must disagree...the cold war was won because we outspent the russions basically destroying there economy trying to keep up....My opinion on Israel is a strong one...I am by no means anti semetic but Irael is no better then the USA and its "manifest destiny" and slaughter of natives .... A long time ago a book was written...this book was written by the very people that the book claims is "the one blessed tribe of God" God gave them Israel and so they have the right to destroy whoever lives there... Look at it this way..Ive just found a book..a great book just so happends this book says the Lord gives me "and only me" the right to your land..your food..your livleyhood..oh and i also want to control your countries banking system and issue my money"I will charge outrageous intrest and reposses with wild abandon...nobody would be mad at me right?Youd buy that book and form your life around it right?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is what I have felt since the start of this whole Iran/Israeli/USA deal. If Israel who is the initial country waging these threats to destroy Irans nuclear attempts , acieved its nuclears goals through subtrefuge, then who are they to dictate or threatan someone else who is going through legal channels to gain the knowledge and equipment to start a nuclear program. They are way out of line for making any sort of threat and the USA should not be backing her.Even if Iran was doing what Israel is accusing her of, going by Israels defense for the manufacture and use of WOMD , then Iran too should be able to use the same type of excuse for defenses. All in all Israel will never give up her ace in the hole. They give every excuse for WOMD, just as they do for a lot of other things. Maybe if they freed the palestinian people after almost a 1/2 a century and kept their Mossad out of other peoples affairs they would find they didn't need WOMD's. There are people in Israel who are extremely bitter over past wars with arabs, and would like the chance to spill arab blood in revenge, so saying that Israel is stable, peaceful and responsible enough to be able to keep and hold WOMD's is debateable. All it would take is one renegade Israeli general to launch an attack. There is no stable or logical government in the ME that should have WOMD period. Jordan is right.


Pie



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doppel

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Nukes are proven deterents, they are the largest factor as to why the Cold War never turned in WW3.


I must disagree...the cold war was won because we outspent the russions basically destroying there economy trying to keep up....My opinion on Israel is a strong one...I am by no means anti semetic but Irael is no better then the USA and its "manifest destiny" and slaughter of natives .... A long time ago a book was written...this book was written by the very people that the book claims is "the one blessed tribe of God" God gave them Israel and so they have the right to destroy whoever lives there... Look at it this way..Ive just found a book..a great book just so happends this book says the Lord gives me "and only me" the right to your land..your food..your livleyhood..oh and i also want to control your countries banking system and issue my money"I will charge outrageous intrest and reposses with wild abandon...nobody would be mad at me right?Youd buy that book and form your life around it right?


I think that's exactly what the Quran says for the Muslim...
Also I guess you are packing your things and leaving with the next flight back to Europe or wherever your ansestors came from,because you feel ashamed of what they did to the natives...
Anyway,I don't remember that the arabs asked the jews if they can settle in Israel,when the israelis were expeled,I also don't remember that for nearly 1000 years any arab state was founded in Palestine,I don't understand why after 1949 the "palestinians" in the West Bank and Gaza Strip didn't proclaim a state and finaly I don't remember them fighting against Jordan or Egypt,which occupied their terrirories until 1967,but yes PLO was founded 1964 to fight who?...to liberate Palestine...
UN gave mandate to two states - one arab and one jewish,based on the population concentration...Nobody served to the israelis their state...they fought for it against numerous and superior enemy,and won because that was their home...Well the "palestinians" finally got it and now they are fighting for their homes,but they missed too many trains...unfortunatly they don't understand that for mistakes and missed opportunities you usualy pay by yourself...

[edit on 26-4-2006 by ZMax]



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Exactly, the notion of a “Palestinian” is historic fiction. These were nomadic people whose alliance / identity did not go beyond their tribe.



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
This is what I have felt since the start of this whole Iran/Israeli/USA deal. If Israel who is the initial country waging these threats to destroy Irans nuclear attempts , acieved its nuclears goals through subtrefuge, then who are they to dictate or threatan someone else who is going through legal channels to gain the knowledge and equipment to start a nuclear program. They are way out of line for making any sort of threat and the USA should not be backing her.Even if Iran was doing what Israel is accusing her of, going by Israels defense for the manufacture and use of WOMD , then Iran too should be able to use the same type of excuse for defenses. All in all Israel will never give up her ace in the hole. They give every excuse for WOMD, just as they do for a lot of other things. Maybe if they freed the palestinian people after almost a 1/2 a century and kept their Mossad out of other peoples affairs they would find they didn't need WOMD's. There are people in Israel who are extremely bitter over past wars with arabs, and would like the chance to spill arab blood in revenge, so saying that Israel is stable, peaceful and responsible enough to be able to keep and hold WOMD's is debateable. All it would take is one renegade Israeli general to launch an attack. There is no stable or logical government in the ME that should have WOMD period. Jordan is right.


Pie

Would you mind explaining me what than Jordan,Egypt and all other peaceful arab states wanted from Israel in 1948 and 1967?Why they started a war against Israel,"when the palestinians where free,and Israel had not WMD"?
About Iran,you say that no state in the ME should have WMD,but if one has,than let all have,so to be peace in the kindergarten...very constructive...I also think it will help,bring the people in the ME together,and than wil be peace on Earth...
I just remember that France had the same policy about Iraq,but the world would have been different if Saddam had the Bomb in 1991,than The World would have sit and watch how the kuwaitis where beheaded...



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i think the question is shouldnt israel be a signer of the NPT, and thats a definate yes. he pressured iran into it before they had nukes, yet other nations we dont pressure get them. Israel India Pakistan, why didnt we force THEM to sign?



posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
if this nuke crisis with Iran is not dealt with pretty fast, then i fear that Israel with eventually be nuked by some dumb Arab ruler who will manage to get hold of nuclear technology from the Iranians.

Iran has already theatned to give nuclear secret to other nations.

from the way things are going, its getting pretty scary. sooner of later there will be a nuclear strike on israel and that land will be uninhabitable for the next 10 000 years.

Either North Korea will give the nukes to Hamas, or Iran will sell it as soon as it gets the bomb made. Islamic Jihad or Hamas would nothing better than to see the end of Israel. and if this is not done there will always be threat of a nuclear war. the only way to sort it would be to disarm everyone, including North Koreans, Iranians, Israelis, Pakistanis, Indians. you can't just pick on iran and ignore the rest, it will piss them off. muslim world will think the US is only coming after us. it hates islam. we better go on a jihad blah blah blah. thats how any normal nations would see it. then more groups will emerge and side with al qaeda. it will make bin laden's day.





[edit on 26-4-2006 by mr conspiracy]





top topics
 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join