It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this? Could anyone tell me what has happened in this video?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xare
If its an alien scout craft... just what is it scouting for ?
And do they return here to a base of some kind ?
Are they protecting us or something else ?

It's called a scout craft, but it's really more like a jeep. It does a variety of tasks, from tracking Earth aircraft to shuttling personnel here and there. There's a fairly large transit station on lunar farside, and there's a way station on Mercury. And there are some Earth-based terminals in out-of-the-way places. The big station is in solar orbit on the other side of the Sun opposite Earth. That's where the primary jump gate is.

As far as "protection" is concerned, that's a little complicated. There are some ongoing and short-term projects underway, as well as the longer-term projects, some of which involve what could be called "protection."

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
Was you on that mission or what?!

No, not me. I'm pretty much stuck on the ground. I haven't been off Earth in a couple of years.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here's a few Titan launches to compare. Watch especially the latter part of each launch as the rocket begins leaving the atmosphere.

science.ksc.nasa.gov...
science.ksc.nasa.gov...
163.205.10.21:8080...

Contrast those with an Atlas III
science.ksc.nasa.gov...
an Athena I
science.ksc.nasa.gov...
and an Athena II
science.ksc.nasa.gov...
lots more smoke and visible flame.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
where did this video come from ??? that might give me a clue..

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think Rand is on target...
notice that the object is being filmed with either a telescope, or binocs... (from when the sides got dark) so it will appear a little distorted from that alone...

Rocket, or missle launch thru a telescope and cheap video camera IMO.

or maybe the 12:00 moon shuttle that the other poster mentioned...
they are usually on time though...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The object is probably being filmed with a normal video camera. The thing is that the camera has an attachment. It is called a telephoto lens. I have one, but the lens that this guy has must be a 2x. I have the highest lens yet (I think) 8x

Anyway, now that you guys have given me some input I can now give you guy’s my take on the video. I have two main theories.

1. I think that this video is not a rocket. I think that this video is of a High altitude balloon which is set to release some special equipment to detect atmospherical conditions. Notice how it appears to POP, and releases another instrument which appears to fall slowly towards the ground. The other instrument which appears to fall slowly toward earth must be another smaller balloon type device. It is probably carrying some sensitive instrumentation or sensors to obtain its data.

If you take a good look, you can see that the Balloon is round and appears to shine cause of the rays of the sun. It appears to be motionless, but in reality is going up into the sky.

2. Now my second theory is that it is an Alien UFO, with a round balloon type force shield. The shield bursts, and out of it comes the true form of a flying saucer. The shield is to conceal the Flying Saucer from the general public, and have people think that it is an ordinary wheather balloon. This last theory is kind of a stretch. Could be the theory of a crazed man who watches too many UFO documentaries. Anyway, this did come to mind so I had to share it.

But now that I hear the rocket theory I can’t discard it, I will consider this theory too.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daneel Olivaw

Originally posted by Xare
If its an alien scout craft... just what is it scouting for ?
And do they return here to a base of some kind ?
Are they protecting us or something else ?

It's called a scout craft, but it's really more like a jeep. It does a variety of tasks, from tracking Earth aircraft to shuttling personnel here and there. There's a fairly large transit station on lunar farside, and there's a way station on Mercury. And there are some Earth-based terminals in out-of-the-way places. The big station is in solar orbit on the other side of the Sun opposite Earth. That's where the primary jump gate is.

As far as "protection" is concerned, that's a little complicated. There are some ongoing and short-term projects underway, as well as the longer-term projects, some of which involve what could be called "protection."

Who are you and how do you know these things?
Please tell us a little more about your self, start a thread or something or if you allready have a thead about yourself then give us a link to it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It looks to me like the exhaust plume from a rocket engine as it leaves the Earths atmosphere.

Of course we're not going to be able to see the craft itself, the video quality is substandard at best.

It was also shot during the day, making it look as though it's some kind of shimmering disk.

Rocket exhaust plume, that's all.

[edit on 25/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
At one point when the zoom the lens you can see a round blackness around the picture.

This indicates to me that a filter was on the camera lens at the time.

When you use a filter, there is a space between the lens glass and the filter glass.

The "seperation" is most likely caused by reflection of light on the lens glass and on the filter glass, making it appear to be 2 seperate lights.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I didn't have a camera on me at the time, yet I saw one like it when we moved into our flat in 2000. It was at night, and looked like a star. It moved closer towards me and moved slowly in a Westerly direction. If I had had a camera you would see that the video here truly shows a scout craft.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
To me, this appears to be a reentry of something, like the shuttle, a rocket, maybe the one that returned with the space dust and crash landed in utah. it has a plume behind it, and the camera appears to be filming it from the postion of looking at it straight on as it's descending. the only part that doesn't make sense to me, is the additional burst of cloud/smoke/exhaust, and the pieces that fall off. if its losing pieces, it could be a film of one of the shuttles when it has already reached an altitude sufficient to begin releasing the solid rocket boosters. it's also possible that it's a jet aircraft performing manuevers. it looks a bit like an eclipse of the moon, as well. but eclipses don't have plumes and so forth.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by undo]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It's imho, a re-entry gone a bit to severely wrong, it's certainly a 'UFO' but it could theoretically be a secret mini-shuttle. the smoothness and low speed of the thing, imho, make this a terrestrial craft - a black project re-entry vehicle.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is no way this is a rocket. Many UFOs are spinning saucers hidden under a bright arc of plasma generated from the air being ionised by a powerful electric field. Again we see intensely dark regions next to the bright regions, I would love to know what they are, perhaps an effect of gravitational lensing. It clearly rapidly accelerates upwards and leaves a glowing trail of ionised air in its wake. There is so much evidence now I can't believe people are still talking about rockets and baloons.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think it's a fairy

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kklover
I think it's a fairy

Yo, don't be so cheesy. Please, if you are going to post something make sure that it is UFO or Alien related. If you want to post mythical beasts them go to the proper forum. Aliens are real and not the subject of ridicule and fun.

Thanks a lot,
Cabanman

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
There is no way this is a rocket. Many UFOs are spinning saucers hidden under a bright arc of plasma generated from the air being ionised by a powerful electric field. Again we see intensely dark regions next to the bright regions, I would love to know what they are, perhaps an effect of gravitational lensing. It clearly rapidly accelerates upwards and leaves a glowing trail of ionised air in its wake. There is so much evidence now I can't believe people are still talking about rockets and baloons.

I only suggested that because no personal testimony of the video has been listed. No source, no whodunit, nothing. So I'm doing what the skeptics do about everything, regardless of eyewitness testimony, and keeping it simple. However, had there been testimony about the sighting, I'd be more inclined to take it as an UFO instead of a rocket or whatever. Technically, it's still a UFO cause none of us know for sure, what it is. But in the interest of not boxing at shadows, I'm going with rocket or similar, until we hear where it came from, who filmed it, what he/she claims it was, and so on. Blurry video with no explanation could literally be anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes.. The cam is moving alot..

I dont get the point.. i think its a sort of star maybe and the cam is shaking so it lookes like the star is moving.. Someone degree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join