It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird celebrity baby names

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
id like to give people looking to name their kids a hint, please, do not name your kid "dick" please! whoever started this trend definatly had a loose screw.

can you imagine if your name was dick and you try to ask this girl out and she asks your name and you say my name is dick!!! god people stop naming children dick please. kids with the name dick are basically bully magnets.

I actually agree with you on that one. How did Dick ever become short for Richard anyways?

From Behind the Name:

DICK (1)

Usage: English

Pronounced: DIK [key]

Medieval pet form of RICHARD. The change in the initial consonant is said to have been caused by the way the trilled Norman R was pronounced by the English.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Found a good website with a big list of 'Utah' baby names. If you want to see strange, take a look.......

wesclark.com...

Two quick examples. . .

Girl - Justa Cowgirl

Boy - Iron Rod

Hours of fun reading some of them......

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Zaragrunudgeyon?? I've heard it all now. I think I'd rather be called Apple than "NaLa'DeLuhRay" or "Timberland Miner" (real names from the site linked above). That IS silliness. :shk:

Speedy Esther?
Omega?
Heavenly Melanie?

A name for Girls: Confederate America (
)

Is this a joke site or what??

In fact, that site is full of comedy names. Are sure it's legit? No wind up?

"Hi, my name is Friends Forsaken......wanna be my friend?"

Another favourite: Marvelous Man. Lmao

[edit on 28-4-2006 by chebob]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

Is this a joke site or what??

In fact, that site is full of comedy names. Are sure it's legit? No wind up?

LOL......NO I can't be sure it's not a wind up, but if you read the blurb by the site author it seems like it's the real deal.

"Hi, my name is Friends Forsaken......wanna be my friend?"

Another favourite: Marvelous Man. Lmao

I know....I can hardly see the keyboard for laughing......even if it IS a wind-up, I don't care. Still funny......

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yo - Chebob, I've started a new thread on 'General Chit Chat' specifically for 'non-celebrity' names as I felt this needs to be a subject in it's own right..........

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
one i heared on the radio a while back

girl - Jenna Taylor

guy - louis cypher (lu-cypher)

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
oh my god you guys EVERY SINGLE celeb who has had a baby this year has named their kid some whacko name no one can say or spell or one that anyone can make fun of, its discracefull.

this one singer actress lady i forget her name shes like 33 and she named her daughter "Bluebell Madonna" WHAT KIND OF A NAME IS THAT!!!??? might as well name her dumbell if you dont care about her future that much.

and angelina jolie, yea she had freak names too she named her daughter "Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt" I CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE THE FIRST 2 NAMES!!! where do they get these freak names from? lets go back to the old days where the baby names were normal, short and simple, please celebs.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

and angelina jolie, yea she had freak names too she named her daughter "Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt" I CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE THE FIRST 2 NAMES!!! where do they get these freak names from? lets go back to the old days where the baby names were normal, short and simple, please celebs.

It's pronounced Shy-Low and it's not that uncommon of a name. I've known quite a few people with that name in my lifetime.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else will remember, but when I was in kindergarten or first grade, there was a story about a first born son who fell into a well. I don't remember much of it, but his name was so long that nobody could say it, they couldn't communicate that someone had fallen in the well, and he died. Then his brother, John fell in the well. A simple "John fell into the well!" later, and John was happy and dry.

Moral of the story? If you give your kid a stupid name, he will fall down a well and die. Then you're second born son will fall in, and if his name is "John," he will survive.

But Hell...think about being named Dick Butkus. That must have been murder in third grade. Or Bob Saggat. I bet bullies didn't even pick on him...it was just too easy I'd imagine.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's pronounced Shy-Low and it's not that uncommon of a name.

oh sure maybe everybody in zimbawee or nikaragwa or wherever the hell jolie is hiding names their babies SHY LOW, BUT theyre born americans! and their kids are like zahara maddox and shylow??!!! i tell ya the bullies are gonna have a field day with their kids! i also read they jolie didnt even name her own kid... shes to lazy to think of a normal name so she gets some african governer to name her kid for her... thats pretty sad.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When i have a child regardless of sex iam calling it "Sha Nay Nay"

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It's pronounced Shy-Low and it's not that uncommon of a name.

oh sure maybe everybody in zimbawee or nikaragwa or wherever the hell jolie is hiding names their babies SHY LOW, BUT theyre born americans! and their kids are like zahara maddox and shylow??!!! i tell ya the bullies are gonna have a field day with their kids! i also read they jolie didnt even name her own kid... shes to lazy to think of a normal name so she gets some african governer to name her kid for her... thats pretty sad.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

Well I'm american and I've went to school with a few girls name Shiloh. I believe it's a biblical name. It's hebrew and it means peaceful one, not really all that weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join