It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry question...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

Besides, the masons that show up only for the food and conversation, they are the proud recipients of the "Knife and Fork Degree". but every time they have a feast, they will surely find me there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

The blue-lodge is the Freemasonry that just about all of us that are Masons are used to, unless you have become part of an offshoot group like Memphis Misraim, or Dharmic Rite Masonry (which is practiced in India and SE Asia and is popular in co-masonry and female lodges).

The red lodge simply retains much more of the "continental" trappings and rites and ways of working them than the blue lodge which descends in the US from UGLE work. I think you could make a case that some of the newer organizations like GOUSA (Grand Orient of the United States) and Le Droit Humain (which appeared in the early 20th century) would be considered Red lodge as, in the case of the LDH, they are working Scottish Rite right from the very beginning in the EA degree.

Interestingly, if you look at Masonic rings (just do an internet search) you will find that most of them that have a large stone in them have it in one of three colors: blue, red and black. I honestly am not familiar with black lodge but it will give me an excuse to do so research.

hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i have a question about the 360 degrees in relation to "been around the world and back again". i hear some people in the music industry quoting that. i wonder if its any significance to 360 degrees. just a hunch. can anyone comment on that?

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join