It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian President wants us to attack!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Now:

1)Iranian people are by nature patriotic.

I do not know what you meant there, but by saying that the Iranian populace in general is physically, emotionally and spiritually committed to their country implies that there are entire nations out there whose population are ok with internal corruption, foreign humiliation, invasion or are just too lazy to get off their asses and do something about it.

If that is true I have to find these countries because I am sure as hell tired of Command and Conquer Generals.

mod edit to fix quote tags

[edit on 22-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: Removed quote of the entire preceeding post]

There are countries out there with people who can't do something about their government, not because they are lazy. Look at half the dictatorships out there. Either the apperatus of repression is too strong, or the people's will is broken. Compare Nepal at the moment for example, they are doing domething about their corrupt autocratic ruler with countries such as Uzbekistan. I don't think it is down to laziness either. People by nature love their country and aspire for positive change but they like to do these things on their own. Iran needs democracy, but it needs to do it on its own terms.

My point was although they hate the Clerics, Iranians wan't take kindly to the US boming them. They would interpret it as the US trying to go back to the good old days of the Shah and imperialism.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by enslaved83]

[edit on 4/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Yes maybe they can smuggle them overseas and bring them into foreign countries, but then again perhaps if our foreign policy was better we would have people watching our back instead of losing friendly allies.

Yes they can attack our forces overseas. #1 they shouldn't have been there in the first place and #2 We are placing them in harms way by even advocating and calling for attacks on a neighboring country especially since we haven't finished cleaning up the first and second mess we are in.
People here just nonchalantly calling for nuking a country or killing people because they are muslims will not put a very good light on our men and women overseas. Some people should use common sense before opening their mouths when they are sitting safely thousands of miles away behind a keyboard and putting others at risk who are easily in reach of the people being threatened. Its just as easy for them to dehumanize someone and make them a target.

It doesnt matter whether or not we should be there in the first place. Dont bring up an issue that doesnt belong in this discussion. The fact is, we are in Iraq now, wheter or not we should be in Iraq doesnt give Iran the right to hit our troops and intersts in the region as we havent attacked them(or even threaten to do so). There are talks yes, but thats a lot differnt than actually acting on those statements. Speak for yourself about sitting safely behind a keyboard, most of us are "safely" behind a keyboard because this is a discussion board, and that is what we do here, DISCUSS issues that are affecting the world. If they want to dehumanize others, let them, its their problem not yours. We all have differnet opinions and if this guys is he wants to nuke Iran then let him have it without calling them a coward in so many words.

<< 1   >>

join