It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about astral projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A significant portion of my dreams always seems to revolve around doorways to places I have never been.

They are quite graphic intensive and always in colour. I don't "fly" or anything...I just appear at these doors.

It happens so often I started keeping a journal of them (at least 2 per week) and I wake remembering them and the smells, feel of the places as if I was truly there.

Is this astral projection? What is the purpose?

They are usually to "normal" places aside from one and only one where someone had passed away and the door led me to the body.

Does my mind create doors based on what makes "sense"?

I've visited some pretty nice places and even a couple of empty locker rooms LMAO!

I never get a sense of having to "do" anything when there...I'm just sightseeing I guess.

Are their standards for figuring out if it's astral projection? maybe just a dream theme or something (going on for about 10 years now)

I am also quite empathic and visually "see" injury, pain etc on others in the form of a white-ish body halo...I guess an aura or whatever it's called.

Could it be related or symptomatic?

Any good sources of information?

Point me

edited to add: deja vu is also a chronic thing - anyone have ideas on this as well? Why is deja vu about mundane things??? Why would the most "normal" daily occurances stand out ? Is this just a memory glitch perhaps? Anyone know of any scietific studies on it?

[edit on 21-4-2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The one I recall the most vivdly was likely the most mundane.

I was asleep. This I am certain of.

So it began with me walking down a poorly lit hallway - overhead flourecent lights blinking on and off - white subway tiles on the walls and cement floor.

I turned into a very bright room. A locker room but instead of lockers there were hundreds of doors. I walked through one and ended up emerging into an apartment.

I came out from a wall? And walked through a large solid wood wall unit.

The apartment was quite fancy, dark stained hardwood floors, fine furniture etc. A telephone was ringing and I could hear the answering machine pick it up. There were two mountain bikes parked in a lobby by the front door, and there was a large abstract paining hanging over the fireplace.

The answering machine said "Hi you've reached Bill and Cathy...."

It smelled like dog - wet dog really. The furniture was antique and expensive. I just stood there listening and then turned around and left the way I came in. Back through the wall unit and into the locker room.

I woke up and it was still early so I wrote it down and went back to bed.

This has happened many, many times and always very detailed, full colour and short.

I've kept my eyes open to see if I can find the painting's creator or similar work...nothing yet.

I've never been to this place in reality, not seen any apartment like it, I could describe it in greater detail right down to the kitchen cabinets and colours of sofa's and pillows...very weird.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I am such an efficient thread killer I have killed even my own thread!

Die die die....

R.I.P. 12:52:23

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
heh ill resurect it

think about going places, flying etc, could be a lucid dream

look at your hands, look for a silver cord, try to goto a door into the room your sleeping in and well try and rumage through your own #?

try flying and ye... report back

edit: sounds much more like a lucid dream to be honest, have you have had sleep paralisys or tryed to AP with the shaking and body sepreation and whatnot?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by veespec]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It sounds like OOBE to me.....................one doesnt need to FLY specificly......alot do...lol I do......
Alot of books on the subject will say that you 'think' to go somewhere and 'poof' there you are....more like being instantly transported there......but this is a very real aspect of the OOBE experiance.....

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
have u watched the movie white noise... if ur attempting to try it on ur own, i reccommend not to, but if u have to do it with extreme caution... i wouldnt wanna disturb or trespass anybodies space or privacy...+ do u follow jackie chan's cartoons-- did u watch the episode where his spirit leaves his body and his body gets possesed by a demonic creature...

just be careful...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, I've read up on lucid dreaming and it certainly could be an explanation. The thing that always stands out in my mind is how detailed everything is...I mean right down to hearing someone's answering machine kick in and the smells...

Each one is different and I've never been the same place twice as far as a can recollect.

I'm not able to touch anything...I'm not solid. LOL I would have like to answer the telephone...wouldn't that be a kicker?

I've always dreamt in colour. Always...even normal dreams are very colourful.

I've been doing a bit of reading on OOBE involving "doors". Not much out there...most involve flying...but here's the thing...I am DEATHLY afraid of heights and flying! Do I envy the flying OOBers...NO WAY! Even a silver cord wouldn't be enough to get me up in the air. Feet on terra firma only SVP.

Anyway, I have been thinking about posting some of my "trips"...if anything maybe someone will know where these places are
That would be cool!

Now be good and let the thread DIE DIE DIE LMAO

Otherwise I may get booted out of Thread Killers Annonymous!
I still owe them some cheese.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
your welcome to come on over to THIS thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a big OOBE thread......its a fun place to hang for us OOBE folks......we share alot of info, learning much.......

.................just sayin

new topics

top topics

join