It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge protest over land rights in ontario, caledonia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Needs more CS.

I have a question- why is the OPP still in charge? They are clearly way, way out of their league. This is like having highway patrolmen trying to contain a small riot. It's not going to work. They're outnumbered and probably outgunned as is.

K, the reason the natives don't have power is because the idiots tore down a hydro tower to make thier blockade more impressive. As well, they have begun using 'liberated' construction equipment to destroy property and dig up the roads.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I hear you Deus Ex... not good by half. All a bit of a drama... and what's up with kiddies and seniors on both sides? Time to call in the military? Geez, I hope no one gets hurt...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So now they think they own Hamilton and they're diggin up the roads!! Now what do you think would happen if say a bunch of us tried that little stunt with the OPP.

High pressure water and tear gas, and LOTS of it is the only way you can get indeginous Canadians under controll. History has proved this time and time again.

If I were from that part of the country I would be furious. Blockaiding roads and digging trenches through them is a federal offence and a genuine danger to anyone who may need an ambulace or fire assistance. I would take extreem exception to this behaviour as this puts everyolne at risk including peoples children.

This stuff can't go on.

Im gonna just stop right now. Im too pissed and I might say something nasty.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm still on CKRZ. It might be advantageous to have an independent record of events... anybody got a camera? No it wouldn't help... already too many people there. Phone New York and order up some sound weapons from Governor Pataki? Hmmm. It'll do no one any good if this comes to bloodshed. Maybe it'll rain... I find this sort of sickening. Peterson's negotiated attempt to get Hydro One (transformer site, 13000 without power) behind the lines is for repairs rejected... some guy name Mark says more OPP are there now... anyone got a scanner?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I agree with Census, this has gotten out of hand by a long shot. Smacks of another Oka. That's why I'm agreeing with the 'send in the Van Doos' sentiment- all we need is a few AKs and voila! Instant Oka.

Let's skip the cop-killing this time and get things under control right now.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
According to CKRZ "the Fireworks have been cancelled" this from the recreation centre and resheduled to "Solidarity Day" June 21st. Covert signal on the Victoria May two-four weekend? Listen my missus has some 1st nations blood (Cree mostly), we both say enough! We are not optimistic here in Scarborough and would not object to the deployment of the Vingt-Deux, 22nd Reg. Like yesterday. Too far - stupidity enough for all. While your at it throw in some low passes by CF-18's with dummy rounds. This is gonna be ugly if tensions aren't dealt with like now.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
jesuschrysler...it was their flatfooted fu&en grandfathers that traded the land for whisky, glass beads and tokes, now some 200 years later they feel ripped off and want it back and thats their justifacation for digging up roads with a stolen backhow and cutting the power to a neighbourhood!!!! THey should be pissin on the graves of the guys who sold them out for the whisky and tokes and not putting our children and elderly at risk.

This is absolute BS and its time for a roundup. We provide these goddam flatfoots with more then they could ever provide for themselves. If they want to go to university, they choose the school and the program and they get to go at no cost to them. I PAY for that. and now im paying for a road to be fixed and whatever else they decide to destroy in their drunken rampage. They pay NO taxes here in the land of high tax and and get cheque after cheque after cheque for everything.

We make it easy for them and give them more oppertunity then we do for our own...why??? because WE are good people. We are nice Well I say NO MORE GODDAM handouts, no more 10 cheques per month. NO MORE $100000 on the 18th b-day...Fck this. Round these vermin up once and for all!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Im just incensed by this chit and I cant believe it ever gets this far. Why do we entertain this behaviour? We need to make an absolute example out of this latest pack of derelicts and send a strong message to everyone, weather they are white, arab, or indian...this chit will not be tolerated EVER, ANYMORE.

Boy are these vermin LUCKY Im not in charge of this opperation.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Scarberia, eh?

I've got cousins attached to the Van Doos (3 Field Engineers). That aside, this needs to be cleared up. I'm shocked at how pro-native the news outlets have spun this - Caledonians were blocking more protesters from entering (according to what I've heard), which really bend the Natives the wrong way.

Seriously, it doesn't make sense any other way. Why would they prevent natives from leaving the blockade?

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Little Arabia, heart of "Mike Myers-ville". Kennedy & 401. 2 hours to sunset... they'll be walkin' perimeter... settin' up I'd expect. We are praying for the best outcome. Shoot, this morning it was all supposed to be "jammin". SNAFU - media and politics and history. Stick a screwdriver in the clockworks. This is wack. Just wait till tomorrow... ZZ Top title, I'm Bad, I'm nationwide... Oops, correction continental... forgot about Cornwall. How did this day get so broken?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
BOHICA, Kaminsky. I live out in Cokeville, if you're wondering.

Things got all messed up today. before, there was only the odd skirmish. The OPP had skimmed a few cops from that duty, I think. The residents had stopped trying to dismantle the thing while the natives weren't looking. Now, in addition to vandalizing private property (the original blockade was almost entirely scavenged from construction materials) they have decided to destroy crown property as well.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hell on a handcart with greased runners... you bet. Any bets? I say before 11PM local or after the news cycle if cooler heads prevail... I quite like my neighbourhood and have a very diverse cross-cultural social life, 'cept maybe for the gunfire and sirens. To call Scarberia "Little Arabia" is only what many others call Scarborough since it kind of lost it's identity as a community after amalgamation... times change and that's OK with me.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Where at in Canada is this?

I really hope things dont get bad. I have to side with the natives though. I always will. I do hope for all concerned, that things cool down.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hi mrsdudara. It's in the province of Ontario. Google Earth: Caledonia ON CA. near the west end of Lake Ontario. The reclamation centre is now calling for propane tanks and first aid and medical supplies... Totally bizzare!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just south of Hamilton, about 30 min from Niagra falls....Why side with them? are you going to go dig up some roads and chuck rocks at the cops...maybe saw down a hydro pole or set a warehouse on fire?

Go ahead and side with these vermin criminals as they run amuck in a drunken quest to destroy, burn and vandalize things and your fate will be the same. They smash and destroy, create nothing but problems and accuse me of stealing their land but on cheque day they have no problem with me cause I pay taxes that are used to line their pockets.

I would give these criminals 24 hrs...............then its the tear gas the dogs and lots of them and a relentless spray of rubber bullits. Water cannons as well. And that applys to EVERYONE. Anyone in that field after 24 hours is gonna get more then they bargained for

*shakes his head*

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
good grief. That does not sound good. You dont think this will turn into a civil war or anything do you? I sure hope not.

Appreciate the updates.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The radio station has lost their link with the reclamation site... they're blaming "reception" troubles... the announcer found it "disturbing" Right... Try the CKRZ link from above...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Civil war? I hope not. And it wouldn't neccessarily be civil either... up here 1st Nations Peoples are their own nations. I can imagine international complications by the morning news cycle if things go much further...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
CBC radio is now reporting "vandalism" of a transformer as the source for the power outtage which CKRZ says will be fixed by midnight... CBC says 3 days... this isn't going to go over well... with anyone. And now it's dark... time's up?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well this is a surprise... the 1st Nations spokesperson has said, "that non-native protesters are to be "removed" clearing the road" to allow Hydro One to swap out the transformer"... I wonder who's gonna do the removing? Yikes! The CKRZ server feed keeps disconnecting... lotta hits I guess...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Can you say...hostages?

Seriously. The Caledonians will move peacefully, but those hydro workers will be walking home. I mean...they took out their OWN POWER! Why would they do that?

DE

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join