It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge protest over land rights in ontario, caledonia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Deus Ex, lotta natives "outside the wire" too. Way bad scene... 1 spark and kablooey... tomorrow could really suck.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
From CKRZ... "Al" at reclamation centre says, "Two trucks with floods have arrived", and get this "then riot police will remove Caledonia residents" to allow the Hydro One workers in". 9:57PM local time. His words not mine! OMG!

[edit on 22-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
SO messed up. Riot police? Where are the Van Doos? At least they'll be able to keep order. The riot police will have to be there day in, day out for months. And where were they before?

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah...it all stinks. Disgraceful. DeusEx who do you think "could" have vandalized the transformers? I want forensics. Everyone must be held to account. All of 'em. I don't give two hoots about nationality... imagine being a senior on Oh-Two therapy at home from a "jenny" and the power goes out... if your tanks are full you have 48 hours... to live, stuff like that. Shameful. The Six Nations police are calling for "everyone to drive carefully"?... they still maintain the hydro on by midnight story... and it's firecracker day! What are the chances of an accident? Today of all days! I feel like I'm watching a slow motion train wreck and I can't do jack about it. Where the heck are the feds? The military? My missus phoned some friends and everyone's lines were McBusy... still workin' it tho'... news cycle ends shortly... next?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Natives, no question. That's my bid. They ruined the power lines, and I figure this is a bid to deprive everyone else of power. No benefit for the caledonians to try to knock it out- most of the natives are on the picket.

Forty minutes until Global News, then we'll see how bad the wreck is.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm interest in contrasting the various news reports... see who bread's buttered by whom? CBC hasn't updated in a while describing a "fragile calm" and 3 days to get the juice back on... CKRZ says by midnight... Yeah 11
tick, tick, tick... live remotes... show for the cameras on tap? And then the real biz I'd expect after the cycle. There is an element of suspense to this... it must be "electric" to be there... CKRZ keeps goin' off-line... people gettin' back from the cottage and blamo, world upsidedown.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Alright, let's do the contrast. Someone watch CBC, someone take CH, I'll take global. Oh, and CityTV. Try to contrast tone and bias, everyone.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I got CTV CFTO at 11. Just to prove I'm not biased... and I'm on CKRZ too...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Uh my missus just talked to her Auntie Summer Star and the Pawnee in Nebraska are aware of the situation... who knows? Way bad... international way bad. CKRZ are again warning folks to drive safely and to be "cautious"... still sticking to the hydro on at midnight... That ain't gonna happen if they have to swap out a transformer and run high tension wires... crap not even the Wood Brothers could pull that off.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Whether this kid was driving erratically or not, since when do the natives decide what the law and the punishment should be. Yeah, citizens arrest and all, but if this story is true, which the 911 call seems to prove at least the kid tried to contact the police, this will not go over well.

ottsun.canoe.ca...

The only time you ever here about the first nations is when they are bitching and protesting about land that they originally stole from some other native tribe way back in the day(The Huron).

I like how they are demanding that Ontario Hydro send them supplies, what, did they forget that they are their own nation and that they stated not to long ago that our laws don't apply to them.

Maybe they should get over it, get a job, and learn to live in the real world like the rest of us. If you want to own a piece of land anywhere in the world today, you have to buy it, simple as that.

I think the taxpayers of this country have more than made up for their professed loss, over the years, you can only beat a dead horse for so long, but i guess if your a native you can use your carte blanche and beat it forever.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Alright, Global news is spinning it mainly pro-native. CH too. Sympathy, bloodied Caledonians.

One interesting note- I caught the image of a native in BDUs. He was wearing what appeared to be a bulletproof vest.

Peterson was heckled by a Caledonian (rightfully so), making it seem like the caledonians are being asses.

CH is now interviewing angry Caledonians, they're coming out less biased. More to come.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Party time! Not the good kind... worse than I thought... a dark day for Caledonia, Ontario and Canada. CBC lead title "Boiling Point", CTV seemed relatively even handed ... described a "no man's land" perhaps a bit ominous... straight report (they don't seem to be taking sides - spin neutral so far) ... I'll check the TO report at 11:30PM... What up at Global?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
CH is interviewing Caledonians, and trying to be even handed. but they're passing on stories of being hassled as part of a double standard by the OPP. People leaning against the tape, and being arrested when Natives start fights.

Alright, more reports. Natives are refusing to talk to CH, so CH is interviewing Caledonians. Four people are reporting being assaulted by natives, including the use of bear spray on four of them. Footage includes natives hassling Caledonians.

EDIT: Reports are that the transformers were 'torched'. After thinkign about it, it's looking like Native radicals.

DE

[edit on 22-5-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes now that you mention it some warriors were in fatigues and looked a little bulky... I saw several flags... some not 6 Nations... the line looks tense. Where are the feds... will someone get Harper or whoever off his duff and do something? Please? This is weird... OK. So now we have nobody gettin' any sleep and intentions are high... everyone has fireworks and we got riot police and media? Add spark and poof...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Enough of the shenanigans. Read the riot act. Declare a War Measures Act and get these people "safed". Parliament doesn't sit this week where is Harper? Is Susan Buckler on holiday or something? This is just begging to explode from the static alone.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
hey guys news update today a van holding 2 elder six nations residents (natives) were attacked there windows were smashed in the van... a huge crowd of native came to the protest to see what was happening an blocked of the roads to the protest o.p.p were in the middle trying to break up a huge riot drunk caledonia residents were throwing racial slurs at native proving how much of idiots they are behind the protest a group of protestors saw sum caledonia residents on native reservation land heading back towards caledonia the protestors got on atv 4 wheelers chased them an tied an drove them to the o.p.p to be arrested power in different grids in ontario are out a group (unknown) took out a power transformer .. things are getting intense... can only hope for the best i will keep updates as i hear i hear also a bridge near awkwasene a native reservation near quebec is shut down also people need to grow up were all people regardless skin colour

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yeah alpha' that can't help. Reservist Eh? 48Th eh?... perfect storm? Too perfect. I want whoever controls the weather to make it rain cats and dogs there right now... torrential downpour cold with ice pellets for 8 hours... that'd buy some time.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh no they didn't. They didn't just mess with a soldier.

I've heard all kinds of crap from both sides. Natives attacking Caledonians. Caledonians attacking Natives. Police attacking natives, though that's becoming increasingly unlikely, since it's a media circus. We need the military to come down and keep the peace, NOW.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Until this matter is to be settled (courts?) the native protestors have been breaking the law, by occupying the land. They all should have been arrested months ago when this first started.

The OPP are not helping matters by standing and facing the Caledonia townspeople like they are the aggravators.

Maybe good ole Dalton should roll his pointy head out of bed, after all this is his responsibility or it was when it was just a Provincial matter, he is probably relieved it has escalated, so now he can say its Harpers problem, and he can continue on with his plan of doing dickall as usual.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanx Humanitysher0! I'd expect rail traffic to be interrupted tomorrow... the US satellite trucks must be rolling by now... if "it" happens in more than once province simultaneously watch out! Martial Law time. Might even interrupt the playoffs. We are talking about a whole city and agitators and fireworks and cops and media machines God knows what else 'cept maybe common sense.

And the "Butterfly flapped it's wings". I thought I'd come on ATS today and see if the rumours about the Brits exiting Iraq in 4 four years were true and presto... this. I even purposefully avoided this thread till today. Go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join