It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The snipers were not NRA members, Phil!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 07:19 PM
link   
But, I thought the snipers were supposed to be white, around 25 years old and NRA members!
The following link is an editorial, not a news article. It does put things into perspective. Warning, liberals will feel ashamed and conservatives will be singing in the choir. So why post it? The same reason most everyone posts anything here; to support their position!

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good to see something that goes against assumptions TC. I've never really understood the anti-NRA stance utilising some wild fact/doctored opinion that killers can often be members of Gun-Clubs/Firearms Associations...I mean, ya can't tell me that the bloke leaning outa a moving car with a Mac-11 shooting the heck outa some urban street is a member of the NRA.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   
now this is hilarious:

"The media have a responsibility neither to leap to conclusions nor to make subtle suggestions � for instance, that the military creates murderers."

now, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of the military to train people to pre-meditatively kill people? isn't that a pretty good definition - aside from the legality aspect - of murder?

- qo.

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 09:04 AM
link   
To read anything from Newsmax is akin to watching your dog's poop chute while it craps: you know everything that drops out of there is a fecal nugget and you'd be amazed if something worthwhile fell out!

Just for piss & giggles, follow how that site will play up the 'black boys' did it angle! Jaaaaayyyyzuusss Forbid that the 90% + accurate profile for serial killers is white & male! That's negative profiling! Like if I'm looking for suspects in a drive by shooting in LA I'm NOT going to be looking for blacks & hispanics wearing dorags & driving lowriders!?!?

[Edited on 25-10-2002 by B0ut Time]

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 03:08 PM
link   
quite one, no that isn't what they train soldiers to do. Very little premeditation on the part of the grunt. Just follow orders and do as you are trained. Soldiers aren't trained to wander around the nation and kill civilians.

I'm sorry, BT, did you attempt to say anything intelligent, or did you follow the liberal guide to conversation and attempt to demonize the source. You libs are so predictable. Change up your game plans once in a while before you put the thinking world into a boredom coma!

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So you don't know Newsmax is a tool of the Radical Right?!?!

I see your dilemma: all these sources you're taking at face value to be arbiters of truth are, in fact, biased and only partially informative. And all this time I thought it was something congenital on your part, sorry Bud!

Quiet One: Soldiers are not trained to be murderers, but to defend their country. The concept of 'War Crimes' is a mechanism to punish them when they stray from that course. Our military personnel in the US, are honorable, highly trained professionals. Deviants are everywhere, in every walk of life, they're not exclusive to the military.

P.S.
Thomas - use Moderate, or use Centrist, but reading my posts and still calling me a Liberal is just plain silly. But if it makes you happy, by all means, go ahead, because you do fit the serial killer/Tim McVeigh profile & I don't want to be the one who pushes you over the edge!

[Edited on 25-10-2002 by B0ut Time]

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There's only one that could push me over that edge, BT, and unless you are the psycho-bitch from Hell that I was married to, that sold my pewter weissen bier glasses without even giving me first dibs, you aren't the one that can do it.

I'm sorry, only left-wing biase is to be considered the truth? Anyway, I warned that the link was to an editorial, didn't I? Conservatives do not use "news" to push an agenda and opine only in the proper sections of the newspaper. It is the left-tilters that use the newscasts as such brainwashing techniques.
As I said before, the "center" is the KJV 1611, the Articles of Confederation, the constitution and the Bill of Rights. Therefore, I am a centrist and hereby take command of that term. You may no longer use it as you are not with me. You may either call yourself a liberal or a misguided poo-poo head!

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'll take poo poo head! Man, being married to a Harpie explains allot! I dated one and had me damn near manical too!

top topics

join