It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Just been flicking through the UFO section here and was thinking. Theres alot of people who cant get enough of em, Investigating every video and so on... Like myself
I was just thinking about how the world would be/react when first contact is made officialy(For the world to see) Here are two scenarios..

#1. We come in peace.
If this were to happen it would dramaticaly change every single persons perspective on life and how they would live there lifes. And an alien race being probably thousands of years more advanced would obviously have the upper hand. We would some how be prisoners in our own planet. But as this is the good scenario.... We would see a rapid advancment in technology (Well America at least).

#2. Exterminate!
Alot of people would flock to the scene of the spacecraft expecting it to welcome everyone when it suddenly shoots a laser and turns them all to dust
who knows... But one things for sure if it does happen.. things will never be the same again

What do you think will happen?

[edit on 18-4-2006 by And3h]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And...., don`t forget Darwins theory.
When a higher Culture meets a lower one... normaly
the Higher Culture takes over the lower one.

But what kind of scenario will it be then..i don`t know

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well, I think a race that have evolved so far would be intelligent enough to not do us any harm!
And I also guess they wont just share all their technology, but instead teach us how to make our own.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by And3h
Just been flicking through the UFO section here and was thinking. Theres alot of people who cant get enough of em, Investigating every video and so on... Like myself
I was just thinking about how the world would be/react when first contact is made officialy(For the world to see) Here are two scenarios..

1. hope it will happen.
2. I think that's War of The Worlds

mod edit: Trim Those Quotes

[edit on 24-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Hmm...yes...Darwins theory.. Well, in that case what I think would happen would be this:

In just a few decades, we would see an enormous leap in technological achievements. Microchips that fit on the tip of a finger, devices that can cook food in mere minutes, voice navigation systems in every car, a communication/information network that can link every single person in the entire world together in the blink of an eye...

Oh wait...hmm....maybe it's already happening...

-Ry

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Hmm...yes...Darwins theory.. Well, in that case what I think would happen would be this:

In just a few decades, we would see an enormous leap in technological achievements. Microchips that fit on the tip of a finger, devices that can cook food in mere minutes, voice navigation systems in every car, a communication/information network that can link every single person in the entire world together in the blink of an eye...

Oh wait...hmm....maybe it's already happening...

-Ry

yea, it's called a microwave and the internet. Also a voice GPS.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
Well, I think a race that have evolved so far would be intelligent enough to not do us any harm!
And I also guess they wont just share all their technology, but instead teach us how to make our own.

Unless they feel that our race is a threat to the wellbeing of our planet and decide we aren't responsible enough to take care of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

.... and then we'll find a way to profit and further segregate. Our 'have and have nots' mind set is buried deep with us.

As much as I'd like to see that happen TS, we'll still keep 'excreting in our own food, so to speak.

I'd like to think an event such as meeting ET will unite humanity, some how I don't think it will....

I hope they can teach us compassion and eliminate greed and power - the driving force in todays world.

top topics

join