It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Broken Keyboards.. Please Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I guess this is partly my fault for not ever wishing to reply to the Research Forum, but apparently I'm having a complex that many others may indeed find VERY annoying.. even one time.

Apparently, In order to post on the Research Forum, you need to have a "scholar" tag. While I question some of the people that may call themselves actual scholars, the feature is innocent. You try to keep it moderated by a higher sense of research and analysis. Good deal.

But so far, I've counted 11 posts I've made to a Research Thread only to be bamboozled into realizing "Poof! Its Gone!" right after I click Post Reply.

ELEVEN TIMES!!! Everytime it happened, I spent roughly 3 hours investigating a subject, making a huge grand thread that would point out flaws or advantages of a project. Spending like an hour just posting sources to read.. You know, the IN YOUR FACE type threads I sometimes put together... what real scholars do on occasion ;p

And then, poof its gone. All because I don't have a little Scholar tag. The blood begins to boil, I hit Back, and a blank textbox awaits me.. "REFRESH, PLEASE WORK!" as I slam down the refresh button beginning to panic.. and what do I see.. Another.. empty.. textbox.. "CURSE YOU ABOVETOPSECRET!" I scream at the top of my lungs as my 2100 word research thesis post is obliterated to the the depths of ATS's hell that not even the Overlord himself will explore!

After screaming and throwing my keyboard around like a derange monkey, I calm down and start replacing all the missing keys. Most of the time, I would say "Screw it" and log off for short night's rest and forget about it until tomarrow, and not care enough to actually get my scholar tag... only to repeat the process (and buying a new keyboard) a few weeks later.

CURSE YOU ATS!

Can't we come up with a better ugh.. whats the word.. signup process? Maybe a feature in mCenter where you can just buy the access, instead of asking for it? Then I'd have no one to blame for my unwittiness! You'd be BLAME FREE for destroying my thesis I spent 3 hours on!

Since I have the attention of a few mods, can you please give my Scholar access, and whatever access I may ever need in the future to prevent the killing of another keyboard. THINK OF THE KEYBOARDS!, they're so innocent and cuddly.

And and yes, I'm using Microsoft Word now... Again.. I'm too dumb to trust the lil tiny BBcode window.. I always click something I shouldnt and "Poof" (*broken keyboard*)

Edit Addition.. I originally tried posting this in the Research forum, for it to dissappear, because I still dont have scholar even after complaining to you in real time. I almost broke my monitor.. and it's your fault!

Wonder if I get in trouble for this post

Edit addition #2: Forgot to put the title in when I tried to post this copy/paste into Board Questions.. had to retype everything because I closed Word and didnt save my work.. figured I was done. HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY YOU, YOU Y OU FHJSAKLFH4398T934HDSJAASLASD!

The whole system needs discussed! ;p

Edit typo

[edit on 4/17/2006 by QuietSoul]

[edit on 4/17/2006 by QuietSoul]

[edit on 4/18/2006 by QuietSoul]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Problem Solved!

The Virtually Indestructible Keyboard

(Oh, and as an added precaution, I put in a request for your scholar status.)

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Wonder if I get in trouble for this post

Good question!

Please try not to use copyrighted images in your post when its blatently obvious....Doesn't make ATS look too good....

.. had to retype everything because I closed Word and didnt save my work..

meh....

Even without the scholar title though, all this frustration could have been avoided by backing it up in word and saving it - If college taught me one thing, it's always save your work in tripilcates....

ADVISOR handles the research forum, but as I recall there may be a slight problem with members gaining access to it...You'd really have to check with him, as he'd know better than most...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's not bragging if it is true, however SO once called me the "Czar" of the research forum. Actually it would be more correct as "Jarl", do to my genealogy.

quote: Originally posted by QuietSoul
I almost broke my monitor.. and it's your fault!

I most sincerely apologize. It is not the fault of ATS. As it's my turn to take the blame this month, and is thus mine.
Have to go now and file paper work for a Writer-Scholar.
Never fear, ADVISOR is here!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Geez! I came to this thread, thinking that this guy actually had '11 broken keyboards'!

I would have bought one of those, actually.

I would then fix 'er up, minus the dreaded 'Caps Lock' key....

Congratulations, QuietSoul!

[edit on 4/18/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I use those keyboards at work, and they hang in there like a pro, you can dunk them in a bucket of water no problem, and i have punched mine so hard a normal keyboard would snap in half with no problem, and there only 9 dollars if you look around. Good keyboard.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruggeder
.... you can dunk them in a bucket of water no problem, and i have punched mine so hard a normal keyboard would snap in half .....

More keyboard abuse!

Such violence!

[edit on 4/19/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join