It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effective IMMEDIATELY?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This may sound daft, but how about directing this warning towards the relevant thread? That way, members would know what was going on, and what terms are being broken.

Posting the T&C is fine, but should we not know what T&C are being broken?

Just my thoughts.............

mod edit "?" overkill

[edit on 14-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
One reason the thread in question gets bumped is that we have a large influx of new members each day and that way its something they can all read before they begin posting in WOT or 911 etc.

If not bumped then they may not see it untill they actuall go through the forum itself. I don't know about everybody, but I live on the "New Posts" button.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Like i said before.. If people know what was against the rules, and they can see it being questioned, then this can be a way of solving the problem to some extent.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How about this:
I usually post this link message when I comment in threads that are headed south.

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

If not bumped then they may not see it untill they actuall go through the forum itself. I don't know about everybody, but I live on the "New Posts" button.

Another solution to ensure members both old and new are aware of the policy changes and reminders before posting may be to create a link to the Staff's Post for the particular forum at the top of the create a post page.

For example,

In place of "Insert appropriate link", the following could be used for a new post or reply in the War on Terrorism forum: "Effective Immediately - War On Terrorism Forum Posting Guidelines - Updated: 4/11/06". The date would cue older members to read the new guidelines instead of ignoring them after reading the initial staff message.

top topics

join