It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: 86% of Americans want Bush impeached

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
I just thought then, Clinton was nearly impeached because of lying to the public about a blowjob, yet bush hasnt even began to be impeached when he lies about reasons for war, leaks secret info, and sets up illegal detention camps?
Geez, Democrats have it hard in America.

First, the reason Clinton was nearly impeached wasn't because he lied about improper relations, it was because he lied about improper relations while Under Oath, which for a normal person would have resulted in jail time.

Second, as I have already mentioned, he didn't lie about Iraq (or if he did those Democrats you mentioned did as well).

And about those detention camps, please elaborate as this is the first I have heard about them.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
[I think they are complaining, and rightly so, that money is being wasted on an illegal war

I keep hearing that this is an illegal war. I have a few questions...

What exactly constitutes a legal war (other than one fought in a courtroom
)?
Why do you call it an illegal war? Do you have evidence for that or are you calling it that because everyone else is?
If you are going to use the whole "Bush lied about WMDs to get us to go to war" argument that everyone else uses, what do you have to say about the Democrats that said the same thing both before Bush ever took office and when Congress aproved going to war?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Switchblade, you havent done your homework.

Go through the threads and find out all about 9/11, the crimes, the abomination.

We have quite a supply of proof you should look at. Have fun.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Switchblade, you havent done your homework.

Go through the threads and find out all about 9/11, the crimes, the abomination.

We have quite a supply of proof you should look at. Have fun.

What have I not done my homework on? The political system? How the U.S. government actually works as opposed to what people want you to believe?

I don't deny that Bush's approval is horrid, what I deny is that he has done anything to warrant impeachment.

As for the "proof" in the threads here, I don't have a lot of faith in that "proof". As I have so plainly seen in this thread, all most people's "proof" comes from either democrat propoganda or the biased media, and very few people actually do any research for themselves as I have done, and attempted (though appearently not very effectively) to pass my research along.

No offence is intended to any moderators, admins, or members on ATS, but most of the threads on here are reminiscient of the National Enquierer. I tend to prefer truth to wild speculation, "proof" without any evidence, fantastic stories that have been twisted so much they barely represent the truth, and blatent lies (though I am not accusing anyone on here of the last of those, I do see the rest on here quite often). Another thing I tend to see is people, for one reason or another, glance at posts that they don't agree with, not pay attention to any of the "evidence" for that person's side, and make vague comments stating that they are obviously wrong because there is so much "evidence" for their side, yet never telling what that evidence is or giving credible sources for their view.

I find the amount of closed minds on ATS to be rather alarming considering the slogan for ATS is Deny Ignorance.

As for this thread, I can see that everyone here has made up their minds and no amount of evidence I give will change that, so I will leave you to your ignorance. And, I do so love how noone answers any of the questions I ask in this thread.

Switch out

Edit:
Just to be clear, I am not running from the "overwhelming evidence against me" as I have been accused of in the past when leaving a thread. I AM leaving a thread where my evidence is being ignored because people don't want to hear it. I figure, if no one will pay attention to my evidence I have nothing to contribute and am mearly being used as a way to boost post count. If anyone would like to discuss this further with me (and is actually willing to listen to evidence for my views) you can u2u me.

[edit on 4/19/2006 by SwitchbladeNGC]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Read and weep:

www.surveyusa.com...

This is a NATIONAL survey.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am replying now because I actually see evidence posted, though evidence of what I still don't know, and how accurate is still to be debated.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Read and weep:

www.surveyusa.com...

This is a NATIONAL survey.

Thank you for making my point.

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC
Another thing I tend to see is people, for one reason or another, glance at posts that they don't agree with, not pay attention to any of the "evidence" for that person's side

As I said, they don't pay attention

I don't deny that Bush's approval is horrid, what I deny is that he has done anything to warrant impeachment.

And, I do so love how noone answers any of the questions I ask in this thread.

Still no answers....

Now, as for your NATIONAL survey....
first, as I stated previously, all it shows is what I already agreed on, Bush's approval is not very good. As for it being an accurate, unbiased, and scientific survey, that is yet to be seen. All we are told about the survey is that 600 people over 18 were asked from each state. We are not told how those people were selected, we were not told if/how the selection voted (you could have had 580 democrats selected at random from a state). We are not told how the question(s) were asked (as that plays a roll in influencing answers. Was the approval or disapproval the only question asked? was it a scale or a either/or question? There is a lot that needs to be known to determin the accuracy of the poll.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I just thought then, Clinton was nearly impeached because of lying to the public about a blowjob

See it was proven that Bill Clinton lied under oath. Also, he was taking part in actions that brought shame to the office of the President.

yet bush hasnt even began to be impeached when he lies about reasons for war, leaks secret info, and sets up illegal detention camps?
Geez

Well, President Bush did not do any of those things. No, matter how many times the super rich liberal elites tell you those lies, they are simply not true.

Democrats have it hard in America.

Democrats have it hard because they won't take a position on anything!

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Democrat or Republican, it's all the same. Anyone who thinks differently is just blindly following the Bi-partisan rhetoric that has been pounded into every american's skull. They are all the same elite, often in the same family. Focussing on the party affiliation will only limit your understanding of the issues.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You are correct. its not even about Democrats or Republicans. Its about how this all culminated into one big mess, and neither party can or will straighten it out.

Its about how Americans feel-(overall)

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Democrats have it hard because they won't take a position on anything!

That's not true now. They voted for it, before they voted against it.
I love that line, almost as much as I love “Second guessing is not a strategy!”.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I just thought then, Clinton was nearly impeached because of lying to the public

Just to be clear, Bill Clinton was impeached.

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
but it seems - I can In the UK vote on this survey - and i cant vote for the President.

It seems "Lies, Dammed Lies and Statistics" is still true in this day and age. Oh and although Im no Internet guru - I did manage to vote 8 times.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Though the figures do provide substance to an already old stance, we should not forget those behind the Project For A New American Century, the true tacticians behind this war and future ones to transpire; the signatories that were responsible for foriegn and domestic policies from 1997...

It's important to note that impeachment now seems blatantly useless when faced with the fact that whatever damage was to be exacted by this administration already has.

Luxifero

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Why do you call it an illegal war?

Those that call it 'illegal' are confused and think that the UN
is in charge of America's security and our foreign interests.

Those on the far left call it an illegal war because America didn't
bow down to France and Germany at the United Nations and
do what those countries wanted - specifically, they wanted
America to leave Iraq alone so that they could continue to receive
illegal billions from Saddam who was buying off the UN
Security Council (Syria voted against the
war because it was receiving huge ILLEGAL shipments
from Saddam.)

We decided that the people of Iraq didn't deserve
to be mass murdered by the hundreds of thousands.
The corrupt UN security council wanted to leave them
to die, all so that they could continue to receive their
illegal funds from Saddam.

France, Germany, Syria, and Russia all said 'no' to war with
Iraq. America decided not to turn our soverignty, or our
security, over to those UN criminals and so we went to war
anyways.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Democrat or Republican, it's all the same.

As far as corruption goes ... I'm going to agree with ya'.
There are different stands on issues ... but as far as
corruption goes ... YOU BETCHYA'!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join