It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: 86% of Americans want Bush impeached

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Join the live vote.

Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment? * 237073 responses

Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.
86%

No, like any president, he has made a few missteps, but nothing approaching "high crimes and misdemeanors."
4.4%

No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching.
7.6%

I don't know.
1.8%

Even for those who dont beleive in polls, this sure does look like trouble for our president.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Who are those people that just don't know!?! How can you not have an opinon on the events of the past few years???

EDIT: What I mean is, if you don't know or care then why take the time to vote at all?

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Jonna]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ehhhh, you really have to take online polls with a grain of salt.

Most of them are probably heavily skewed towards one side or another due to demographics that are inclined to take the poll.

ONLINE SURVEYS
In contrast, MSNBC's online surveys (Live Votes) may reflect the views of far more individuals, but they are not necessarily representative of the general population.

To begin with, the people who respond choose to do so — they are not randomly selected and asked to participate, but instead make the choice to read a story about a certain topic and then vote on a related question. There is thus no guarantee that the votes would reflect anything close to a statistical sample, even of MSNBC.com users: The participants in a Sports Live Vote and a Politics Live Vote may overlap, but each group is likely to be dominated by people with an interest in each particular area.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

While I have no doubt that there are many people out there that want to see Bush impeached, I doubt its anywhere near 86 percent.

MOD EDIT: Fixing external source tags.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Better yet who cares, hes in the office till his term is up and there is nothing anybody or everybody can do about that, so why rehash and poll and waste oxygen on it? He will not be impached, he will leave office on cue just like all the others before him and after him. Even if 100% of the nearly 320 Million people in the country wanted to impeach him it will never happen, so why not come to grips with the way things are and get on to more important tasks like making sure the bills are paid on time and food kept in supply and worrying about whats on the TV?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

The third option is the best.

No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
because most republicans dont participate in msnbc polls.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Better yet who cares, hes in the office till his term is up and there is nothing anybody or everybody can do about that, so why rehash and poll and waste oxygen on it? He will not be impached, he will leave office on cue just like all the others before him and after him. Even if 100% of the nearly 320 Million people in the country wanted to impeach him it will never happen, so why not come to grips with the way things are and get on to more important tasks like making sure the bills are paid on time and food kept in supply and worrying about whats on the TV?

because they are still upset that they lost the last two elections, and democrats here is a tip, stay the hell away from hillary clinton if you want a prayer at having a democrat president next term.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Democraticunderground.com probably got ahold of the fact that
there was this poll. They post on their site when these polls come
up and get everyone at them to bomb it with votes (radical left
votes of course). They have ~ 88,000 registered users.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I just had a look at the way the poll is constructed and without giving away any technical details I can say with some scripting of your browser it would probably be quite easy to pad the results in the favor of whatever choice you wanted, so it doesnt even take a massive ammount of democrats to skew this poll, a few geeks who are bored could probably jack a choice so far up that not even the entire registered userbase of both the democrats and republicans could sway it otherwise.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS

SARCASM! I know not all Republicans are KKK members, or Neo-Nazis, or Incest Inbred Hicks, they are smart enough to get online, so how this poll is skewed...

I think his point was that if the poll had have been held on FOX the answers would been quite different.

I think a lot of people would like to see him impeached......I would at LEAST like to see an impartial investigation of his admin and him both.

And sarcasm or not we can do without the Nazi/KKK/Incest remarks

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, its not a CNN poll

They're at 99.99999999999 to impeach NOW.

While i'm sure Faux is at a good 60 %

Doesnt look good anyway you look at it, does it.

*Yes, i also wonder why the ones who have "no opinion" bother in the first place. Do they feel they have to vote? Maybe they think Homeland Security will show up at their door if they dont vote.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm a conservative who would like to see Bush impeached.

Problem is, his handlers would probably get another puppet in office....

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Most of them are probably heavily skewed towards one side or another due to demographics that are inclined to take the poll.

Live online polls are useless becuase the link to the poll can be posted on websites (like it was here on ats). So, if it is posted on a "liberal" website like MoveOn.org then of course the results will be 80-90% in favor of impeachment.

This is likely what has happened.

Uh, this is online, are you saying only Democrats know how to use the internet?

Of course nobody is saying that.

That Republicans can't do anything past putting on little white hoods or swastikas on while Democrats can turn a computer on, get online, and vote?

What are you talking about?

So far 237272 responses and 86% say impeach. So again, are Republicans so stupid all they can do is have sex with family members? Is that what you are saying?

Wow, you sounds like a really reasonable person...

so how this poll is skewed...

Again, these polls can be linked to different websites and e-mailed greatly effecting the out come of the polls. Just use your head. Of course 80% of Americans don't support impeachment...

-- Boat

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And you, like Faux News, spin! You left the last part off.

Someone said it was skewed, so I asked how, were they implying that Republicans are stupid and only Democrats know how to use the internet? Also, if dems can do that then so can reps, why don't they? Again, are you implying that all republicans can do is be racist hicks with three teeth and a confederate flag painted on their car?

Now if the poll was taken in downtown say, New York I could understand it being biased, but last I checked anyone could get online, both Dem and Rep.

237751 responses and still at 86%

[edit on 13-4-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
DANG IT, dgtempe!!!

For a moment, I thought true conservatives had come to their senses.... Alas, the poll is an online one....

Now the rest of my day is gonna suck...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Loam, its a start.

Things are looking g00d. There's still hope.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I love it. 1/2 the world thinks he's a loser and all these people are coming up with excuses that Americans should feel any different and that the poll is fixed. The only thing thats fixed are the people in power. Not the polls.
How so many people can do what has been done and keep doing it is beyond comprehension. Those of you that enable these people...you are not making it easier on yourself it just opens the door to even more corruption on a grander scale. If you want to stick by your party at least stick behind the good people, and the rest toss to the dogs like they would toss you.

Pie

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Its been said and proven time and again that you can get basically any result you want by how you choose to word and ask the question. This topic is actually a fun one for me too because they are posted quite often and its always refreshing for me to see the usual people post on them and be joyful for a change instead of always radiating doom an gloom wherever they go.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe that the present administration Needs to be investigated the main issue should be the invasion of Iraq.

That is just one of the reasons for a big investigation beside that is many other issues that has to be looked upon.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd just like to know if those of you who are giving no credence to this poll - using the demographic excuse - voted in the poll?

I did. My avatar reveals my answer.

Thank you 12m8keall2c!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join