It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: 86% of Americans want Bush impeached

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I did. My avatar reveals my answer.

That's actually a really clever avatar for several reason, I must say, good job on it.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry, you dreamers out there, but Clinton will remain the last president to be impeached.

MSNBC still exists?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Live online polls are useless becuase the link to the poll can be posted on websites (like it was here on ats). So, if it is posted on a "liberal" website like MoveOn.org then of course the results will be 80-90% in favor of impeachment.

A "(neo)conservative" website is informally credited with starting this trend actually, FreeRepublic specifically.

" Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial."

Despite the fact that I would feel like a yoke was lifted off of America's shoulders if Bush was impeached, this option seems very biased. Why don't they just say Impeach/Not Impeach/I Don't Know. There is a reason they have the term "...leading the witness" in courtroom because the way you formulate questions and/or statements can nudge people in a certain direction.

But, politicians do this same kind of nudging everyday, so you can't expect much better from a political poll.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
all these people are coming up with ... that the poll is fixed.

Online polls are worthless. Sites bomb them with what they
want the outcome to be. It's not an excuse. It's just a fact.

Like I said - Democraticunderground.com does it for the radical left.
They have tens of thousands of registered users and they advertise
where the online polls are. Their people go nutz over these things.

Years ago I saw the same kind of thing at rightnation.com. Not
quite as obsessive as democraticunderground .. but people at that
right wing site would post that a poll was taking place and a bunch
of folks would go and mass vote.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
MSNBC still exists?

Yep. I LOVE the Abrams Report. I even catch Hardball
every so often. But Abrams is definately great!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'd just like to know if those of you who are giving
no credence to this poll -- voted in the poll?

Nope. I didn't. I really don't have an opinion so
I figured why bother. Apathy at this point ....

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
SO FLyers you are implying republicans somehow lost half their brain since 2004? That before, the ones who created poll bombing, are so stupid that all polls are fixed towards the left because republicans can't even type a web site's name?

Again, how is it fixed? It is on the internet, anyone can vote on it, anyone can 'bomb' it, so either republicans aren't able to stop drooling over thier cousin long enough to cast their vote while dems 'bomb' it or it isn't fixed.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
DevinS

Your anti-Republican crap in this thread ends now. If you want to throw mud, take it to PTS. Comprende?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

237073 responses

MSNBC has that many viewers that respond to internet polls

Looks like the DNC is salting the old gold mine again

I can set up over 500 account names with the cheapo service I have. I could easily vote 500 times. How many of you in here have voted more than once?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
because most republicans dont participate in msnbc polls.

errr, I am a "diehard" conservative and I want the moron impeached for being too liberal! For not bombing Iraq into the stoneage, for not shooting illegals on sight, for not revoking the FCC liscense of all major media. He lied about being conservative, so throw the bum OUT. I want Cheney or better yet RUMMY!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Now if the poll was taken in downtown say, New York I could understand it being biased, but last I checked anyone could get online, both Dem and Rep.

237751 responses and still at 86%

[edit on 13-4-2006 by DevinS]

We had another discussion about a MSNBC poll here on ATS awhile ago.
Just to prove my point I voted three times on my pc's at home and could have done more. Is it a good polling method that allows the same person to vote multiple times? Why is it so hard to believe that an online poll can be manipulated?

Would a poll that was posted on Pat Robertson's 700 Club website end up being biased? Republicans and Democrats CAN both get online to that site as well. No need to disparage those you debate BTW, doesn't really win you any converts, just weakens your own argument.

Godwin's Law

There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made the thread in which the comment was posted is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I took this MSNBC poll around 4 months ago when it was on their website. I voted for impeachment. So at least you know 1 of those votes was legit.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
To see everyone slam MSNBC while using Microsoft products

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That would make my year if dubya bush got impeached...

I just hope the next guy will be alot better and acually would focus on socialized healthcare and such.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
because most republicans dont participate in msnbc polls.

errr, I am a "diehard" conservative and I want the moron impeached for being too liberal! For not bombing Iraq into the stoneage, for not shooting illegals on sight, for not revoking the FCC liscense of all major media. He lied about being conservative, so throw the bum OUT. I want Cheney or better yet RUMMY!

....Yeah...and people wonder why I made that sucks to be an Iranian thread. (shakes head).

I gotta agree with DevinS, the left bias doesn't fly with me. I ain't saying the poll is perfect (hell, even the poll says it ain't scientific
), but I agree that if anyone could fix the poll, it would be Republicans. With Bush's approval rating in the crapper, THEY are who I would expect to fix this kind of poll.

Speaking of approval, is this poll so farfetched, looking at the approval ratings? Even if you give it, say, 65%, that's still the majority of people who want him impeached. And remember, this is a DEMOCRACY
, so this is enough to get rid of Bush.

On a side note, why shouldn't Bush be impeached? Clinton got impeached for getting a wax job, but Bush declares himself Caesar and the people love it...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by truthseeka]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As others have stated, unscientific polls are not statistically accurate and cannot be viewed as representative of the general population of the country. That said, even if every single one of the respondents was already critical of Bush or liberal to start with, that such a high number of them would seriously consider impeachment is still testament to... well, many things. In my opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

On a side note, why shouldn't Bush be impeached? Clinton got impeached for getting a wax job, but Bush declares himself Caesar and the people love it...

Strictly speaking he was impeached for lying under oath, otherwise known as perjury. Now, Caesar? I hardly think so, quit sensationalizing. A more befitting panel to compare him to would have been, Jackson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Wilson, and FDR. By the way, none of them were impeached either.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
First off topic: DG where did you get and who is that Avatar, she is so mysterious and beautiful, those eyes are very captivatiing.

Ontopic: What makes anyone think Impeaching Bush is going to do us any good. He has already finished his job as the "bad guy" and flushed everything that made us America down the toilet. The next president will just throw us a few bones and give us a lick and a promise unti they can finish us off as a free country.

Anything short of revolution is just shortsighted.

--LGM

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
In order to get his ratings up, Bush will have to invade another country (Iran) or initiate another terrorist attack on American soil via mininuke...Why has it taken the US so long to realize their King was taking orders from the devil? How long will it take for the whole Bush Administration to be held accountable for their actions with sanctions on all of the cronies (judiciary and legislative ).

[edit on 14-4-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you, I'm not Anti-Republican. Some examples are Ronald Raegan. I liked him. I've been told he was no good, and i tend to defend him.
For some reason this is still looked upon as Democratic/Republican bashing.
Its not.
Its the bashing of an incompetent lying president, and incompetence all around him that is the point.

I hope and pray he is impeached and tossed out of the WH, dog and all, in the middle of the night.
Now, if they found a Republican who COULD run the country, i wouldnt have any problem with that. It would have to be one outside of his circle of friends. Nothing else would do for me.

As far as polls, they DO give you an idea of what is going on. Were it the other way around, and MSNBC had Bush high up on the polls, all you Bush-adoring people would be posting it here with no problem.

Wake up and smell the crimes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join