It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA wastes money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why do we wnt to send a space probe to Pluto? I'd rather go to Mars. I am seriously criticizing NASA for this.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Duh, they are covering up the massive alien civilization on Mars -

Well, I'm not sure; I'd guess just because we have a lot more accumulated knowledge about Mars, being how close it is, while barely any in comparison about Pluto. Just a guess -

-Omniscient

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Pluto is interesting, every planet has it´s own unique characteistics. We need to find out more about our solar system before landing on other planets. Mare in 2025 is my prediction. It´s gonna be amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
But what's the point of studying Pluto? It's so far and takes so long to get to.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Whats the point of going to space at all?
What's the point of climbing a mountain?
What's the point of playing a sport?
Why do anything?

Cause it's a challenge. Without these things, life would be boring.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidy
Why do we wnt to send a space probe to Pluto? I'd rather go to Mars. I am seriously criticizing NASA for this.

I agree...Nasa does waste money...but the money that its wasteing involves the human related programs, like the Shuttle & ISS, and now the CEV. The robotic ones is where you get your bang for the buck.

Are best image of pluto is a blurry piece of crap.

And currently Nasa has 4 orbiters over Mars, and 2 landers on its surface...Mars gets closest to earth every 2(ish) years, and we send a probe to Mars every time that happens, so I think were doing very well on Mars projects.

Heres is the best hubble taken Pluto picture. (I just want to point out, that once this probe reaches Pluto, and we learn much more about it...the solar system will have 8 planets...since Pluto is not a planet, its just a large KBO.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
When I read the title of this post i just thought DUH!

Humans will always want to stretch their knowledge as far as posible, very little is known scientifically about Pluto, its surface or atmosphere in comparisson to Mars or Venus. I dont understand why you think there is more reason to send ANOTHER probe to Mars than to completely mysterious Pluto.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Whats the point of going to space at all?
What's the point of climbing a mountain?
What's the point of playing a sport?
Why do anything?

Cause it's a challenge. Without these things, life would be boring.

I guess you are right.

top topics

join