It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Jesus want us to live to be 2oo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I consider myself to be Catholic although I find myself not always attending mass. My question is would Jesus want us to live to be 200?

If we could become 200 we could become much more intelligent and wiser since we would have extra years to mature. However, by us being alive 3 times longer than a normal person we would theoretically replace 3 people. For society as a whole, would it be worth it?

1. First and foremost for the poor person, no it would not be worth it.

2. For the wealthy it would definately be worth it, better to give up a few mil than your life. Think about it, Anna Nicole or another 100 years!

3. For a society; while the society with the much older population would first thrive, they would thrive at anothers expense thus causing/creating another feudal life such as during the middle ages with Tremendeous gaps between social classes, education, health, and wealth.

4. For a country, in peaceful or war-torn times this technology could potentially be exploited into military means. With which one could develop their military intelligence at a much faster rate and thus have the potential to create far superior technology. If a country could potentially have this technology, to have someone live to be 200, such as a nuclear/aerospace scientist. Don't you think a country with as much wealth as the U.S. would attempt to create such a black program. Why shouldn't a country attempt such a program?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Did you go to public schools...watch to much star trek...star wars or what ever star stuff comes down the non evolutionary pipeline???

I cannot imagine what would possess you to think that just because one is 200 years old that they would get smarter?? Have you taken a good look at our Congress in this nation..the United States. Do you think these are smart people..some of them very olde???

Have you taken a good deep look at our last three presidents ...it becomes obvious to me that intelligence or smarts is not a prerequisite for the job.

Alot of this stuff you put in your post may look good on paper but the reality will be quite different. HOw intelligent or smart do you think a generation of 200 year oldes are going to be with a television education.?? Video games. Wow!!!

Anyway..low orbit ..think it through again ..alot deeper...

Thanks,
Orangetom.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
good call to an extent, orangetom

if one manages his time wisely, like 10 percent of the population does or scientists often would, they would surely get more intelligent.

My point, is it worth creating super intelligent, healthy, scientists out of our scientists, i.e.. would it be worth it to keep Einstein alive another hundred years if the option was available to us. This technology is not supposed to be used on everyone only the gifted! But if it was potentially in our range of understanding don't you think we would pursue it?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While I understand to what you are trying to allude when compared to the history ..the track record of men it doesnt really make good nonsense.

The problem you are going to run into no matter what it looks like on paper or in theory...is the basic nature of people ..no matter what their intelligence is. I know many intelligent people..I wouldnt trust them to watch over me or my family in any situation. The ingredient for a good civilization is Character..not smarts per se. Smarts and intelligence is not the same thing as character. This is much of the problem with our social structure today. Very smart people who have very poor character traits. They know so much about this world and the products in it ..sports, television , ete etc etc...but nothing about how to manage them or think beyond this drivel. They are great consumers but lousy people.

What you are describing is a feudal intelligent elite. Royalty. This is the problem if it runs amok...as the history of humans tends twords always when left in the hands of intelligent logical reasonable men. Feudalism.
I am not entirely unsure that this is what we already have albet in a concealed esoteric manner today...right now....judging by what passes for greatness today in our social structure.

What you are describing Low Orbit..is a people with the ability to

Muse...to think ponder ...contemplate.

verses

Amuse... A ..without ...muse thinking...without thinking Amuse....amusement.

Understand the difference yet?

Be very careful however about intelligence/smarts..it is not always moral..or ethical..this is that for which I am primarily alluding. Intelligence improperly used ..is often a ticket for dictatorship or tyranny.

There is a story toldsomewhere about ancient Sumer as I recall from some surviving tablets. It concerns a inventor..who came up with a type of glass cloth ..made of a malliable flexible glass cloth...fiberglass. It could be woven into garments which would not wear out as quickly as the cloth they were at that time using.
Turns out it would threaten alll the weaving and fabric industrys. So ..they did the logical reasonable thing. They killed this person.
See what I mean about intelligence???

Anyway..Low Orbit...I am sure variations of that scenerio have been done over and over in the industrial era. As I said ..it looks good on paper and in the laboratorys.

Think it through.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Genesis 6:3

And the Lord said, my Spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Are you telling me Einstein and Hawking wouldn't be great for our current and futue projects.

If you even have a basic understanding of what intelligence(man's understanding of the Physical Sciences such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc etc not even Morality and Ethics although I pray they will be included too) is and its importance to man's future and story you would realize that we should try to stimulate it whenever possible.

Just because someone becomes corrupt in the process doesn't prove that the process is corrupt or that the person is incapable, it just means it does't always work.
It doesn't always have to be a perfect science to make it work.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ONe of the greatest failures of intelligent/logical/reasonable men to try to do something about the problems of mankind is the United Nations. This organization got off to a feeble start in the League of Nations just after WW1. After WW2 they retried this failed system under the United Nations. We see how successful they have been with all the intelligences working for them. Understand yet??
They have access to some of the greatest minds in the world...what do they do with it..they politic it to death. Understand now about character??

Just some food for thought,
Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join