It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush calls iran talks 'wild speculation'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i just hope he wont put the whole planet to war by acheiving his "goal"... the iranians dont like to be told what to do or how to do it.
news.yahoo.com...

Bush said his goal is to keep the Iranians from having the capability or the knowledge to have a nuclear weapon.

"I know we're here in Washington where prevention means force," Bush said during an appearance at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University. "It doesn't mean force necessarily. In this case it means diplomacy."

[edit on 10-4-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I hope he experiments with some biological weapons on them, then polishes them off with some nukes to clean the place up. What do I care? They'll never get a nuke off the ground and into the U.S. So they can all become glorious martyrs to Allah, for all I care. Die, you people, die. The fewer religious kooks on this planet, the better. I'm sick of all you freaks. Best way to fight fire is with even more fire, I say. Singe them right off the face of the earth. Fire, brimstone, plutonium, all the same.

Ka-blam! Boom! Arghhhh!!! Bam! KA-BOOM!!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow partner, take your ritalin today? I dont think anyone should complain with this statement. I think POTUS is playing it exactly how he should be. Hes not saying that Iran definately has nukes, probly because they dont know. So I guess you could say it is speculation, though not wild speculation because I feel Iran trying to create nukes is an entirely feasible situation. You know if they would just let inspectors in and have a full run at ALL facilities(like that will happen) we can clear all this mess up much quicker and cleaner might I add. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
eh, don't blame enkidu, the further we go in time the crazier we become. The country and the whole world is getting worse, and i definately feel it. I feel like i'm pushing psycho level 1. Anyway i think we should worry, because i am truly starting to feel like we will go to war with iran or something similiar. It's is creeping me out, oh well here's to praying.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I feel the way Enkidu feels as well sometimes. All the crazy fighting over religion in the middle east, is getting really stupid. I wish I could just go over there and yell at them. "SHUT UP! Shut up! Stop fighting over this stupid ridiculous nonsense! Shut the hell up!" However, if I did that, I know for a fact, I would be ignored and then probably killed.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
WILD SPECULATION?

How about WILD EXPECTATION.

He IS making us cookoo.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Um, the author of this thread is a bit mistaken....

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush on Monday dismissed as "wild speculation" reports that his administration has considered nuclear strikes against sites in Iran to prevent the nation from building nuclear weapons.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Um, the author of this thread is a bit mistaken....

your link is a bit different than myne did ya notice? so ya the info on your site would be different too.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
I hope he experiments with some biological weapons on them, then polishes them off with some nukes to clean the place up. What do I care? They'll never get a nuke off the ground and into the U.S. So they can all become glorious martyrs to Allah, for all I care. Die, you people, die. The fewer religious kooks on this planet, the better. I'm sick of all you freaks. Best way to fight fire is with even more fire, I say. Singe them right off the face of the earth. Fire, brimstone, plutonium, all the same.

so this is what happens if your mother doesnt breast feed you huh

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">War On Terrorism » Effective IMMEDIATELY – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/4/2006 by Umbrax]

Sep

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

An advice as an Iranian, if you want to threaten or degrade us please use the right terminology. In Iran we don't speak Arabic, but Persian, and the correct terminology is "Khoda" not "Allah". All the best.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

An advice as an Iranian, if you want to threaten or degrade us please use the right terminology. In Iran we don't speak Arabic, but Persian, and the correct terminology is "Khoda" not "Allah". All the best.

im sure the iranians use the word allah apart from the zorostanians.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
your link is a bit different than myne did ya notice? so ya the info on your site would be different too.

Correct, however the title says -bush calls iran talks 'wild speculation', when that's not what he was calling wild speculation, it was reports that they were going to attack....

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just tell me and the rest of the world that the Joint-Chiefs don't have nukes "on-the-table" by decree and verify that as truth and my concerns will largely vapourize - either way!
Were predictions of 911 not labeled/libeled as "wild speculation" too? Sorry, I trust 43 to do specifically what ever his NWO announcin' daddy 41 tells him - full stop.
That "something" will be done about Iran seems a "done-deal". I wish I could be convinced that this is not the case but my mind isn't as open as it used to be on this issue - do other folks feel the same? Sort of a "put-up or shut-up" or "get-on-with-it" fatigue? Or perhaps this too is speculation of the wild variety?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Knowing who to believe is next to impossible, as everyone has an agenda of some kind.

On the one hand we have the President and his administration saying that the use of force is being considered, but only as a remote, speculative option. They are saying that this is only contingency planning.

On the other hand we have an anonymous senior Pentagon advisor, a high ranking anonymous diplomat in Vienna, a separate anonymous European diplomat, and an anonymous government consultant "with ties to the civilian leadership in the Pentagon," saying that U.S. operatives are already undertaking covert ops in Iran, operational planning and target acquisition is underway, that the use of low yield tactical nukes is on the table, and that the White House plans to attack Iran in 2007 or in the spring of 2008 when new earth penetrating bunker busters should be ready for use, and Trident ballistic missiles may be capable of delivering conventional warheads.

Who to believe?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And you are better than them in what way?
What about those christian evangelest kooks, maybe they should die as well.

And besides, who is doin' all the threatnin', tell me that one.

We have good ole' GWB runnin' around with his jug of gas pouring them on all these little fires.
When was the last time Iran threatened you?

Sep

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
im sure the iranians use the word allah apart from the zorostanians.

No, in Persian the name for God is "Khoda". Thats why you get films like "Range Khoda" (fairly famous Persian film) meaning "Colour of God"

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Virtually all countries talk to each other in private, regardless of what they say on TV about each other. With regards to America / Iran, both sides have something to gain from a diplomatic solution.

Iran knows America can appear out a clear blue sky and drop bombs any place it wants. Iran also know that they can exact a toll for that. It’s just a question of cost and benefits and who has the will to do what.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You know, whats the problem with Iran having nuclear power or bombs anyway?
I think I'd trust Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with a nuke before Bush. AND WHO HAS THEM.
Bush is a war machine. Iran dosent want to be intimidated by a dictator like Bush.
When the Iranian president went on t.v today, infront the banner with the doves he had written in ENGLISH for all to see "It's Irans right to have atomic energy" < It was actualy worded slightly differently, If anyone knows exactly waht it said please post it up.
Basicly the message was for the U.S so they know Iran won't be pushed into defeat.
This is going to get messy very fast. Bush can't look passive if they continue as he has said he will not let iran develope nuclear technology.
Well.. You better do somting fast Bush... times a ticking, and i'm sure Iran is going to destroy the planet the day they enrich the uranium to the level needed.
But honestly Bush is saying prepare for war. Remeber what he said before the Iraq invasion. "We have tried every diplomatic effort possible".
Well hes talking like that again....and it means hes getting a hard on.. and when bush gets a hard on... he makes a big big mess of everything.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Apoplexy123]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It worries me that GWB is publicly getting all het up about Iran. If I were your average Iranian on the street I would probably be welcoming my Governments attempts to create nukes. Israel is dripping with nukes. India and Pakistan both have them and the good ole US of A are occupying both Iraq and Afghanistan. Damn right I would want my country to do all it can to defend itself from the perils in its neighbourhood.

All this 'non compliance with UN resolution' BS is exactly that. A big fat load of BS. How much more 'non compliant' can you be than to veto resolutions, something which the US has done on more occasions than I could possibly list. Trouble with GWB and his cohorts is that they dismiss the UN Security Council out of hand when they don't tow the US National Interest 'line' and then use 'non-compliance' with resolutions as a way to prosecute wars of aggression against countries that either threaten their power or have something that the US needs (in this case, Oil probably).

BTW I am in no way 'anti-American', although that is a convenient way to dismiss views such as mine. Deliberately confusing objection to the policies of the odious executive that currently resides in the Whitehouse with being anti-American is simply lazy thinking.

Sadly, the bulk of the American people are being woefully let down by a so-called 'president' elected in dubious circumstances who picks and chooses who are the 'good guys' and who are the 'bad guys'. Sorry, but the weaponisation of space, the refusal to engage with treaties relating to Bio and Chem weapons, the funding of many, many terrorist entities (including Bin-Laden), and the wholly one-sided approach to the Israel/Palestine issue adds up to the biggest threat to world peace and stability by a long long way.

new topics

top topics

join