It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hi All,

Where do I get information on the point system. The reason for me asking this question, is because at times when I read a post of a member I see a negative value on the points scored. For example PTS: -372. What does that mean.

Also there is a bar at the bottom of the points scored. What does that stand for and why does it change color. Is it because of the points scored.

Not that point is that important, but just wanted to satisfy my curiosity.

Thankyou

Knowledge23

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Negative points happen because a member purchases something at the ATS Store, like 'Custom mini-profile background image' for 2500 points, and they use combined points to pay for it.

And the bar at the bottom reflects how many posts the member has made.
For members, it starts out as grey, if you get an 'Applause' by ATS staff, it changes - the more 'Applause's you recieve, the redder it gets.
ATS staff have a solid orange bar.

Note - An 'Applause' is given by ATS staff (moderators, council members, and forum subject matter experts), in acknowledgement of a quality post that merits special recognition. Plus a member recieves 250 point bonus, as well.

Just a brief description of both.

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 4/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Here are some threads:

Point System

Content Tags

Untagged Threads

Also, you can gain 2,500 points per PODcast. If you'd like, here is a link:

PODcasts

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thankyou guys for your generous help.

I will give this a try. I know about applause as I have had a few and hence the rise in the points, but I just could not get around the negative point.

Also I did not know how others could get the image on the left hand side panel under their name. But I think Ill investigate more.

Thankyou again for the initial start.

Knowledge23

JAK

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hello knowledge23.

The image you refer to is an Avatar.

There's a great list of all the member who are willing to help out make you a specific image posted here: ATS Free Avatars

Kinglizard has posted a most helpful set of instructions about how to upload an avatar image. That and much more besides, can be found via the excellent Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links .

Jak

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hi JAK,

Thankyou for the information. Now I know it is an Avatar. Do I have to pay points for the avatar.

Thankyou for your help

Knowledge23

JAK

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
No knowledge23, no cost.

Avatars are free to put up. Just make sure they are inline with the Avatar and Signature Guidelines in both size and content.

Jak

[edit on 9/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hi JAK,

Great. You are a legend.

Will go through the threads which you have so kindly provided.

Thankyou.

Knowledge23

new topics

top topics

join