It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Respond with a PODcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've noticed many members are having a difficult time figuring out how to respond to a PODthread with a PODcast and are accidentally starting new threads with their responses. Hopefully the instructions below will help.

When responding to a PODcast/PODthread you need to click the main PODcast listing page and locate the broadcast under the correct page (ats, pts, bts-all, bts-talk, bts-humor, bts-music).

Then click the “Reply w/ PODcast” button under the feed listing.

After clicking the "Reply w/ PODcast" button you will notice that the upload interface located at the top right side of the page has changed from "Create a new PODcast" to "Reply to a PODcast with a PODcast". All you need to do now is fill out the form and upload your file and your PODcast will be added to the appropriate PODthread as a response.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the info KL. I've been podcasting for several weeks now and I ran into this problem about a week ago. Since I stay up with the casts I usually find the one I want to respond to listed in the top ten. A week or so ago I made a response and couldn't find the thread since it had fallen out of the top ten already. I started a new thread on the same subject with a reply.

Now that I have this info I won't make that mistake again. i appreciate it.

Wupy

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Always, always the considerate, modest, and well-meant, Kinglizard.
Another awesome tutorial.
Great job and thank you for all that you continually do.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I also had this problem with my last podcast. My response to aristoi wound up being a new thread and I clicked on the "respond to podcast button" Don't know what happened, but I'll be more careful in the future.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This mic squeaks! I don't know if it's not plugged in it. I can hear, I can apparantly record, but when i try to play it, it squeaks, and it hurts!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
TrueLies maybe it's worth purchasing a new microphone. You can get one for under $10.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea, The mic i'm using cost less then ten bucks at Wallyworld and so far no one has complained about the quality of the casts i'm making. They've done allot of laughing at the content and quite frankly, i'm not sure if they are laughing with me or at me, but so far no complaints about the quality.

When I first started trying to podcast i had a problem with my computer having two jacks for input, one was in front and the second was in back. When I plugged the mic into the back i couldn't get anything but when I finally found the jack in the front it all came together. You might check that.

Good luck and hope to see you in the pod section soon.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm going to try to do a podcast with my MP3 player, Zen Micro. It has the record function, so when I record it, I can save it as an mp3 on the computer, and then send it in right?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
I'm going to try to do a podcast with my MP3 player, Zen Micro. It has the record function, so when I record it, I can save it as an mp3 on the computer, and then send it in right?

Should work fine, just be sure to check the bitrate and fileseize of the MP3 file prior to upload.

Any questions, U2U?!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I have a question kinglizard.

How does one even start a "PODthread" as you call it?

I see the icons stating "BTS music" or whatever the topic may be, but I don't know how I would go about doing so. I am in the process of making one right now, but I'm not sure how to post it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind I found it on the RSS thread. Thanks anyway. I should have just looked at the stickied notes :0.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by biggie smalls]

new topics

top topics

join