It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I broke the applause bar- do i get a prize?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
BEHOLD! I have broken the applause bar!

I will now begin to reveal secrets of the bar that I have learned from the experience.

• 10m is the last shade before it breaks.
  • It takes 10 applause to go from 10M to broken. I believe this holds true for all levels, although not necessarily. It takes between 85-110 applause to break the bar- I am almost certain the number is 110.

I would like to thank the moderators who helped me introduce one more glitch to ATS, especially WeComeInPeace, who hit the nail on the head with this comment:

And for all those applause-whores out there (you know who you are, Mr The Vagabond) my Swiss bank account number is 555-5555555GIMME-GIMME-MONEY.

As an applause-whore, I know a lot about them. The value of an applaud is relative depending on the staffer who gives it.
The top 5 most valuable applauds, in descending order, are as follow (please note that I am only including people I actually have been applauded by- no bias against those whose forums I don't visit is implied):

• Byrd
  • Springer
  • Thomas Crowne
  • Dbates
  • FredT

(/narcissism)

PS: You know, if somebody makes me an Admin it will correct the glitch. Unlike certain other admins, I promise not to accidentally ban Thomas Crowne. Please note that I have no resume, minimal experience, limited computer literacy, and a temper problem- I will not be responsible for the consequences if you actually do as I have suggested.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am pleased to announce the addition of a 6th moderator to my most valued applause list.

12m8keall2c has demonstrated an incredible sense of humor by applauding a thread which announces that I've really come to the end of their meaning. Definately worthy of a place on the list.

lol if I'm an applause-______ (I actually dont know if i should use that word, even in a non-sexual context) does that make the mods applause-pimps?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
lol if I'm an applause-______ (I actually dont know if i should use that word, even in a non-sexual context) does that make the mods applause-pimps?

It sure does!

Funny post!
Not applause-worthy, mind you, but funny nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
the applause bar.. that's the thingy below your points in the avater?

hehe, learned another thing..

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Congratulations, dude! Well-deserved every one of them.

[invis mod text]ATTENTION: No more applauses are to be awarded to The Vagabond until I confirm receipt of the final funds transfer. Thank you.[/invis mod text]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yeah, VB, way to go!

[invis mod text]WCIP - Roger that... [/invis mod text]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
[Invis COINTELPRO Text) Agent Vagabond requests funds transfer carried out. We'll freeze the assets after the coup and get it back. DOHS Auth # 666 [/Invis COINTELPRO Text)

Edit because I think WCIP is playing a joke on me, but I want to be sure this text shows up.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A Black Mark On Your Permanent Record

Welcome, Brother Vagabond, to the Esoteric Order of The Black Bar Of Doom.

Your secret password, membership card, lapel pin and illustrated instruction sheet for the Secret Handshake of the Order are in the mail.

Congratulations!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What's with the blank post?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

What's with the blank post?

It shouldn't appear blank at all. Can you see the "invis mod text" jokes above?
I formatted mine the same way. I used board code brackets, but the spaces between words inside should be causing them to appear as plain text.

I can see them. If nobody else can... oops. I'll go back and edit the brackets to be sure.

Edit to add: Christ I'm stupid. I didn't get the joke until i was in the process of editing that post.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by The Vagabond]

[edit on 2006-4-8 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Vagabond -

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while! Congratulations!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So... am I allowed to start a new account and do it all over again?
Actually I already have a less than inconspicuously named second account that I created last year in order to U2U a question regarding a password glitch, but I don't use "The Vagabond2"

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I can see them. If nobody else can... oops. I'll go back and edit the brackets to be sure.

Edit to add: Christ I'm stupid. I didn't get the joke until i was in the process of editing that post.

Hehehe..

[invis mod text]NOTE: The Vagabond is not as much of a genius as his previous posts have led us to believe. Member IQ recallibrate factor -0.2%[/invis mod text]

[edit on 2006-4-8 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've got a very odd kind of intelligence- my thinking is heavily dominated by intuition.

Set something in front of me- a rubick's cube, a jigsaw puzzle, simple plain language instructions that a 5 year old could follow- and I'm lost.

Sit me down with a blank sheet of paper, an atlas, an encyclopedia, and a few news papers, and I'll pluck political and strategic gems out of the aether.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
[invis mod text]NOTE: The Vagabond appears to display an intuitive intelligence heretofore unrecognized by our best testing indicators. Member intuitive recallibrate factor +0.9%. sub-notation column: Approval Suck[/invis mod text]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Congrats Vagabond!

That glowing red bar is no more. Do you stay without a post bar from now on?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes.
In a vacuum, it is hypothetically possible to get it back by becoming a mod and getting the orange bar, but I stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever doing that.

When a new pope is chosen, "he who enters as a pope emerges a cardinal"- the ambitious do not advance.
So it is with mods around here I've heard.

It's no secret to anyone who's seen me around for a while that I am an ambitious person- therefore I will probably never get the bar back.

(rationalization)That's OK by me though, because I'm not ambitous in the power hungry sense- I just seem to have something to prove and therefore thrive on recognition- a need which is fulfilled by a black applause bar as it would be by an orange one. Besides- I think I intimidate people enough without the cape and super-powers of the Illumin... um I mean Mods.(/rationalization)

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Stay away from me, you concern me.

By the way..
on your Blood submission for the MUOC. Was remarkable!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Congrats!

[invis mod text]QUESTION: Will warnings bring him back to normalcy. Itchy trigger finger. Please advise.[/invis mod text]

[edit on 4/8/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
[invis mod text]Warnings will do no good against the subject. It is written that he will lay in the depths of black bardom as a punishment for receiving too many applauses. Advise cortozone cream for treatment of itchy trigger finger. Over.[/invis mod text]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join