It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I broke the applause bar- do i get a prize?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
[invis mod text]Alergic reaction to cortozone... Fgners swllng uiup. Hasrder ands hardewrr t6o ty3ope!![/invis mod text]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You mean it turns BLACK and THEN FALLS OFF?!!!

Oh, dear, I thought Val had hers "done" so to speak.

I'm gonna start writing bad posts.... I like my bar...

[edit on 9-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
You mean it turns BLACK and THEN FALLS OFF?!!!

[edit on 9-4-2006 by loam]

Darn!
And I thought I was going somewhere with my 17, I better slow down now.

Thanks for the warning.

This is all part of the conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Man, just goes to show there ain't nothing good for ya, if you really enjoy it...

*lights a cigarette, pours a nice Guinness stout, and inspects his "bar" for any signs of bruising*

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Vagabond, is the bar black, or just not there? I don't know, as your back color is black.

Was just wondering about that.

And how about for the moderators, if they over-moderate will theirs fall off too?

[edit on 4/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
if my background wasn't black, you'd see where it should be, but the bar would be black.

It turns black and stops working. It doesn't turn black and fall off.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I know it did'nt fall off, silly! But the black background makes it appear that way.

thx for the info, though.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think i'll be the first ATS poster in history that will get a full bar without changing a shade! muhahahahahhh!

Well congrats VB, I suppose you can have the title of the Anti-GZ or I could be the Anti-VB or both!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No worries GZ. I think there's an element of timing and luck to it. Not only the right contribution, but the right thread when the right people are watching.

9 times out of 10 I know whether or not a post will be applauded. If a thread is moving too fast it will probably get missed. If a thread is too dead, it's less likely to contain applause worthy content. Thread-starters are disproportionately successful.

Politics can matter too in rare instances, which irks me a bit.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You applause scheming whore...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Dr. Vagabond's Secrets Of The Applause Masters

Originally posted by The Vagabond
9 times out of 10 I know whether or not a post will be applauded. If a thread is moving too fast it will probably get missed. If a thread is too dead, it's less likely to contain applause worthy content. Thread-starters are disproportionately successful.

I smell a book deal...

(Majic's secret: Write the best posts you can. People notice.)

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Eh, if I were scheming for them it wouldn't have taken me two years to break the bar. It would have been a lot more efficient to just follow the mods around telling them what they want to hear. That book would outsell mine any day of the week. If I weren't concerned about keeping the peace, I'd tell you who is most likely to write it.

It's not so much that I have a secret to getting them, I just have gotten enough of them to know the conditions where they occur. I could write a book, but it really wouldn't result in any of the readers actually getting applause. You can't entirely teach quality posting. The best my book could hope for is to protect members from getting all excited when they see a U2U notice, only to rush to the Christmas tree and unwrap it and find a lump of coal (usually the announcement of a new podcast).

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Naaah.

It would have been a lot more efficient to just follow the mods around telling them what they want to hear.

I reckon if you did that, your bar would look like this.

...see a U2U notice, only to rush to the Christmas tree and unwrap it and find a lump of coal (usually the announcement of a new podcast).

Don't let SO see that, you'll hurt his feelings. "Are you calling the Skeptic Overview a LUMP OF COAL?!!"

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
( fast talking ) Well, of course it's only a lump of coal because I'm stuck with dialup on this stupid computer. I get frustrated loading threads with a few pics in them, nevermind downloading podcasts. (/ fast talking )

I'm probably overdue to be banned though. My bad attitude has been just sporadic enough that I always seem to get the benefit of the doubt for things that would get most people slapped and sent to bed with no dinner.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm sure there should be rules about scum like me posting on threads with only high pointed people in..

But anyway I just though I'd say well done on discovering that... what made you try it out?
Seems a bit randomised. Anyway I'm off to be controversial, good luck to you all..

whyfish?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
wow...

congratz vagabond and majic (before he tunred mod) on breaking even more things on ATS

i am just happy my bar is turning a bit more red...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Majic and I really have broken ATS this time. Who else could POSSIBLY be to blame for the new character counters but us?

ATS is trying to break us back it seems.

It seems I've really only got two options: well, realistically, really half of one.

I can become a supermod to get the 10,000 character limit- right after I sprout wings from my anus and fly to Shangri La.

Or I can try to get published and become a Conspiracy Master- I could actually do that if I put enough time into it.

oh great, now I've gone and gotten anus added to the auto-censors. lol sorry for breaking ATS again.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Damn you Vagabond. Next thing up is being a glory hog SOB while you backdoor the debate forum.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't let Rdube hear you say that. He seems determined to stand his ground and trade punches with me, and he just might be able to do it without getting schooled. I sure hope they post the judging margin on this one.

He really ought to get a couple of applause out of this debate too.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Rdube is a great competitor, you better rest up and eat your wheaties if you want to come out on top for this one.

I've enjoyed what I read so far.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join