It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 8 Murdered In 4 Vehicles in Rural Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My local newspaper speculated biker gangs - said the area was frequented by a bunch including Los Bravos, Hell's Angels and others.

Sure looks like turf wars. Do biker gangs ever work for the mob?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Anyone else run across this site while doing research?

Ontario Cops About To Raid Bikers
Source tells of impending raid
Secret source reveals cops plans to smash bikers
The Ontario Hells Angels targeted by political opportunism

Seems relevant. Maybe not. Dunno

More new data here.

a dozen police cruisers were parked outside the home of Wayne Kellestine. Kellestine had no comment on the slayings when the Toronto Star reached him by telephone before the police action at his residence.

Police have refused to confirm that the eight died of gunshot wounds, conceding only that "trauma" was involved.

area has long been home to biker gangs including the Bandidos, Hells Angels

The Volkswagen Golf is registered to Luis Manny Raposo. A man with the same name was a known, low-level member of the Bandidos biker gang

the tow truck was being driven by George Jesso, a man in his 50s who has long trawled Toronto's highways for stranded cars and collision scenes, wouldn't harm a fly, but he would show up at accidents and play tough, try to intimidate.

And here

Ex-Bandidos member Edward Winterhalder said he had talked to current members in the area who recognized the vehicles from the media coverage. "I can tell you that it's Bandidos that got killed," said Winterhalder.

The SUV was found in a field about 20 metres off a dirt road. About 100 metres away, the tow truck bearing a Superior Towing logo on the side was found parked on the shoulder, the Volkswagen hooked to the back.

[edit on 4/9/06 by makeitso]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That is interesting information makeitso. We will see how it stands up against the released information.

I think tomorrow they will give out names. They probably will not say how they died though.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
yahoo.com frontpage....

news.yahoo.com...

From the Link:

Edward Winterhalder, a former member of the Bandidos motorcycle gang who lives in Oklahoma, said he had talked to current members in the area who recognized the vehicles from the media coverage.

"I can tell you that it's Bandidos that got killed," said Winterhalder, who left the gang in 2003 and wrote "Out in Bad Standings," a book on his time inside the gang.

The owner of the farmhouse where police descended also was affiliated with the Bandidos, Winterhalder said.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
And yet another yahoo frontpage article

ca.news.yahoo.com...

This time an ex RCMP offering his 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
More news:

A witness has reported seeing four people being led from a house near where the bodies of eight men were found Saturday in Shedden, Ont.

A local resident confirms that four people were seen coming out the home of Wayne Kellestine at around 7 p.m. Sunday.

The resident, who did not want to be identified, says the people went “out to the road with their hands up.”

cnews.canoe.ca...

Three west-end tow truck drivers linked to the Bandidos bike gang are missing and feared among the eight dead in a possible biker war, sources have told the Toronto Sun.
A source familiar with the coc aine trade in Toronto's west end said some tow truck drivers dominate the retail end of the coke trade on behalf of the biker gangs.

The source said the Bandidos gang is a particularly volatile and dangerous crew that has been increasingly aggressive of late, intruding on other clubs' traditional turf.

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Another update:

The eight victims all suffered gunshot wounds, and five people have been arrested and charged with first-degree murder, Ontario police Det.-Supt. Ross Bingley told a news conference.

“The victims of this crime have been postively identified and are associated (with), or belong to, the Bandidos motorcycle gang,” said Bingley.

“This is an isolated incident with ties to the Bandidos.”

One officer called the killings an “internal cleansing” within the gang itself.

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yup, its official. Its a biker gang.

The police have arrested 5 people in connection with the murders.

Reference

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That's the word. Kills this thread.

Gotta give credit to the police for getting this one done in record time.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yep bikers. Oh well they were useless anyways so it's not a tragedy in my books.

brill

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Yep bikers. Oh well they were useless anyways so it's not a tragedy in my books.

brill

Not all bikers are killers.
You never know, one might save your life one day.

This is just house cleaning.
I would hazard a guess and say if these guys are bikers, they are most likely from the defunct Rock Machine, who where assimilated into the Bandidos.
After the Biker wars in Quebec and Kingston Ontario, the Hell's left the Rock Machine in bad shape. During this time the Rock Machine was courting the Bandidos for an alliance and the both clubs focus on controlling Ontario's Drug and Sex trades. But didn't happen long story short, the Rock Machine had lost.
I would even guess further and say these guys may have patched over to the Bandidos, who like I said where cleaning house.

[edit on 10/4/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I found a bit about it from www Biker news.

SHEDDEN, Ont. - An entire outlaw biker crew, a small chapter of the Bandidos, was reported missing on the streets of Toronto yesterday as detectives working to solve the worst mass killing in Ontario history paid a visit to the nearby home of a fellow biker, hoping to retrace the final hours of the eight men slain and dumped in this once quiet community.

Though police at the scene -- including Ontario's anti-biker unit -- said little publicly, associates and members of the world's second most powerful biker gang were exchanging online sympathies and making phone calls into the night, as a far away as Germany, to find out why their brothers died.

"I can tell you that it's Bandidos that got killed," said Ed Winterhalder, who left the gang in 2003 and wrote Out in Bad Standings, a book on his time inside the gang.

~~
In a statement to the Citizen, the gang's rival, Hells Angels, said they had absolutely nothing to do with the mass murder and would be vindicated despite reports to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was listening to the 3:00 PM EDT news conference on radio - the last question asked by a Global (I think) reporter was something to the effect, "What do you make of reports from area residents that police presence was increased noticeably the day before the murders were reported?" - Can anyone confirm this? I searched all over and can't find what I heard in print. Does anyone know someone down Shedden-way they could ask? Were the fuzz running an "exercise" much like our American "friends" have just before bad stuff goes down?

Do you think the alleged perpetrators were stupid enough to be the only bikers in 3 - 5 Km of the scene? Maybe, but I'm thinkin' not. Nah, they are being set up. Professional job too. With the group's crew incarcerated this leaves the "turf" up for grabs. "Grabs" sanctioned by some "authority" group. One of the five charged will "roll" for sure... but may not tell the "truth" because the "truth" they will tell has been modified? It's happened before, in biker cases, and in Canada.

Cops love to bag noticeable-unruly-bikers - in favour of replacement by bikers-manageable? Better the enemy you know - willing to pay tithe.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The reason why more police where in the area is because of bandidos in the area. Not to mention Kellestine living in Shedden he has survived two attempts on his life so far, this may be the third.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yeah OK. But that night in particular... fuzz runnin' cover for the OP? You make it sound like the area is rife with clubbers - not. There are zero cops in that area on any normal day - it's farm country. I won't argue but I will post anything I can find that'll help clarify the situation. BTW: McGinty is considering a Special Task Force - word is it'll be announced in the 'Ledge Friday.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Bikers make excellent donors, so
for the bikers of this world!!

Another clue may have been the dumping of the bodies in cars; how embarrassing for the dead bikers!! Methinks a definite statement from the perps!

Regards

J

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh I'm not arguing there just my thoughts, I used to have a few H.A. and Outlaws drinking at one of my Bars. One time I had guys from both clubs there at the same time, So I kicked them all out.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hi dulcimer,

If your avatar ain't doing anything this weekend?? Do you think she would like to go for a 'smoke and a pancake'??

Best Wishes

J

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Oh well they were useless anyways so it's not a tragedy in my books.

I'd rather have bikers around than any of the Asian or Honduran gangs. The bikers have a code of conduct.

I live in a clean, quiet, virtually crime-free neighbourhood in Vancouver. It has nothing to do with the police, and everything to do with the fact that there is a Hells Angels clubhouse within 1 mile. They are the best neighbours anyone could ever want. In fact, the manager at the 7-11 next door to the clubhouse sends them a present every Christmas because his store is the only one in Greater Vancouver that has never been robbed.

They are polite, friendly, active in community charities and a lot of fun to have a beer with at the local watering hole. Good tippers, too.

[/rant]

I've seen a few reports that one of the victims, John Muscedere, may have been the president for all of Canada.

Muscedere was believed to be the president of the Bandidos in Canada.

www.cbc.ca...

Election night results, perhaps?

[edit on 10-4-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
latest seems that it was infighting amongst their own group

sympaticomsn.ctv.ca...

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 10-4-2006 by bretmania]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join