It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird creature sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
When I was about 7 or 8 my friends and i would play in the woods near the neighborhood, to get to the woods you would have to cross a drain in the middle of the road that you could look down into. One of these days on my way back from the woods I stopped on my way over the drain and stared at this purple-ish long necked creature with it's neck slightly twisted and staring at me. The neck would have to be about 3 feet long, the rest of it's body was in the water. After we stared at eachother for about half a minute he sunk back into the water and I never saw it again. Any similar sightings and/or comments?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Neat story. Where did you live at the time when you saw this creature?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Did you have to change your pants? I know I would have needed to.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Could have been some type of snake...or this: www.tvacres.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
lol it was not Dino the dino although that would be awesome, I lived near Orlando Florida, it looked kinda like a turtle's head but he had no shell and that neck was just way too long!

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Otters live through out central Florida and they are short legged with seemingly long necks. Could have looked purple from an oil slick? I saw an otter in the everglades that must have been 5 feet long...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Like Early said the purpleish colour could be accounted for by oil contamination. I can only imagine the lizzard like creatures that probably live in florida drains.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Although I am not sure what you saw it is very similiar to a creature they talked about on a Loch Ness monster and "CHamp" show on one of the Discovery channels. The creature is a Tanystropheus.

Tanystropheus

Hope this helps

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird
Otters live through out central Florida and they are short legged with seemingly long necks. Could have looked purple from an oil slick? I saw an otter in the everglades that must have been 5 feet long...

When I read the post my first thought was an otter. They sometimes have reddish fur, which could easily look 'purplish' in the right light. They do not have a noticeable 'neck' as the body is sleak and hydrodynamic. Staring at you for several minutes then dropping back in the water is classic otter behavior. Cute and amusing critters. I always enjoy watching them.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
well its skin did not have the slick glistening look that otter's fur usually has, it looked more rugged. however i dont want to sound like some nut and say it was a lochness type thing in a drain in orlando lol. i remember a distinctly turtle-like head/face, but i just dont know how its neck could have been over two feet. perhaps it was deformed?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
LOL..that would be cool if nessie lived in Orlando..lol

Seriously though the link i posted was of a lizard not some giant lake monster. This lizard lives in shallow water and eats shellfish and the like.

Maybe you could start a new group of watchers called "The Orlando Sewer Monster Foundation"

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If this took place when you were 7 or 8 confabulation can easily account for slight variations in details from an otter.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

top topics

join