It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were'nt these as big as Roswell?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Firstly i would like to say my knowledge on UFO crashes is limited, so many of you will have heard about many of these crashes. I've never seen a list like this, and was certainly suprised that it states the number of supposed bodies found at the crash scene.

"1939-46..........Spitzenbergen, Norway.......................unknown
July 4 1947....Roswell, New Mexico..........................4 bodies
Feb 13 1948....Aztec, New Mexico............................12 bodies
July 7 1948....Mexico south of Loredo Tx...................1 body
1949...............Roswell, New Meico............................I live ET
1952...............Spitzenbergen, Norway........................2 bodies
Aug 14 1952....Ely, Nevada.......................................16 bodies
Sep 19 1950....Albuquerque, New Mexico....................3 bodies
Apr 18 1953.....Southwest Arizona............................No bodies
May 20 1953....Kingman, Arizona...............................1 body
June 19 1953...Laredo, Texas.....................................4 bodies
July 10 1953....Johanisberg, South Africa.....................5 bodies
Oct 13 1953.....Dutton, Montana.................................4 bodies
May 5 1955.....Brighton, England................................4 bodies
July 18 1957....Carlsbad, New Mexico.........................4 bodies
1961...............Timmensdorfer, Germany.....................12 bodies
June 12 1962...Hollowman AFB, New Mexico...............2 bodies
Nov 10 1964....Fort Riley, Kansas................................9 bodies
Oct 27 1966....Northwest Arizona................................1 body
1966-68..........Five crashes in IN-KY-OH area...............3 bodies
July 18 1972...Sahara Desert, Morroco.........................3 bodies
July 10 1973...Northwest Arizona.................................5 bodies
Aug 25 1974...Chihuahua, Mexico................................Disk Intact, bodies?
May 12 1976...Australian desert...................................4 bodies
June 22 1977..Northwest Arizona..................................5 bodies
Apr 5 1977.....Southwest Ohio.....................................11 bodies
Aug 17 1977...Tobasco Mexico....................................2 bodies
May 1978.......Bolivia..................................................no bodies
Nov 1988........Afghanistan...........................................7 bodies
May 1989.......South Africa..........................................2 live ET
June 1989......South Africa...........................................Disk Intact, 2 ET
July 1989.......Siberia..................................................9 live ET
Sept 2 1990...Megas, Greece......................................unknown
Nov 1992.......Long Island, New York............................unknown

How come these don't seem to have received the same amount of attention as Roswell? Does anyone have any info on what happened to the bodies of the above crashes?

CX.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Can I just ask where you got your source material from?
Are each of the cases noted on seveeral sources? Or is it just the one?

CX

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sorry about that,

www.aliensurgeon.com...

As i said, i'm not to clued up on this subject so the site may not even be any good, thought i'd ask the experts!

CX.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Is that the only source? Are there any other websites that provide the same or at least similar information on the other crash sites, or is this the only one? The more sources the better.

My guess as to why they were not as big... Governments became more efficient at coverups. Especially in countries that were not big powers like the U.S., no one would have hardly heard of these crashes, and snobby big countries would not be likely to believe any small country locals accounts of such events.

Also, being that the crash in Roswell, New Mexico was, as far as I know, the first UFO crash in the United States (U.S. being larger than Norway, it would gain more publicity), it is seen more as a landmark than others.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Aedeus]

CX

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Heres a few more....

www.burlingtonnews.net...

www.ufoarea.com...

www.ufoevidence.org...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

There are many more about, most just going over the same crashes as my first link above. I found the "F16 shoots down UFO" case on that last link very interesting, with so much media coverage in the gulf war i'm suprised more was'nt heard about this.

CX.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

'It is a cover-up waiting to explode'. Colonel Petrokov says he was one of the first experts at the crash site in a barren desert region 250 miles northeast of Riyadh, the Saudi Arabian capital. 'The Americans won't admit it was a UFO their plane shot down, but the debris was not from any known aircraft,' he says. 'The Saudi's with me were so frightened that they asked American, British and French investigators to come to the crash site immediately'. The Colonel says he was visiting in Riyadh at the time and that he and a small Russian team were able to inspect the wreckage before American forces from Desert Storm arrived.

Damn I had no idea there were so many!! Let's hope the cover up story does explode and the truth known. Good find

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i was looking over the list and noticed the body count .

has anyone looked at the data and compared the body count to size of the craft found???

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's probably because with Roswell the government flat out admitted they had saucers and bodies and it made the front pages of newspapers all over the world.

Then they covered it up.

After Roswell the coverups started as soon as any incident happened.

Thats just my humble opinion,

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yup, Roswell kinda asked for the controvesy.

Still, you would have thought that any possible UFO crash would raise serious eyebrows? No offence to the links but afew small(ish) sites claim to have records of these crashes... So why the hell hasn't the media picked up on any of them? Surely any UFO/aircraft crash would be reported on.. I wonder if there was definite truth in these stories? I mean to be so detailed yet most aren't really known of? Just my own opinion, i'm not an expert in the area so i've got very little knowledge on any of these other crashes but I sure as hell ain't heard of any of them!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

'It is a cover-up waiting to explode'. Colonel Petrokov says he was one of the first experts at the crash site in a barren desert region 250 miles northeast of Riyadh, the Saudi Arabian capital. 'The Americans won't admit it was a UFO their plane shot down, but the debris was not from any known aircraft,' he says. 'The Saudi's with me were so frightened that they asked American, British and French investigators to come to the crash site immediately'. The Colonel says he was visiting in Riyadh at the time and that he and a small Russian team were able to inspect the wreckage before American forces from Desert Storm arrived.

Damn I had no idea there were so many!! Let's hope the cover up story does explode and the truth known. Good find

I think there was also one in laoshan, china to i think?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here's a UFO crash story that I find extremely interesting. A crash that supposedly took place in Aurora, Texas, about 50 years before Roswell had occured. The crash was in 1897, and is probably what put the little town on the maps. Allegedly, a UFO crashed into a windmill. I believe a body was said to be recovered and burried in the town cemetary. The most convincing piece of evidence, in my opinion, the fact that the state of Texas actually designated Aurora as a 'historical site.' Here's some quick links:

ufocasebook.com...
ufos.about.com...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Aedeus]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I believe that many other nations have a more "hands on" approach to keeping certain things undisclosed.The U.S is toomuch of a vast nation and the information is so vast in the U.S alone its hard to keep anything a secret these days,but other nations,especially third world nations or moderate governments,have means of keeping their information secret.

I can tell you now that you missed out ONE key nation.Brazil.From what iv read they`ve had a roswell on their own,somewhere near the capitol Brasillia(excuse spelling).I will try to find afew links.This nation has probably had just asmuch reported UFO sightings,if not more than the U.S.But the government has their way of keeping this information under raps.Its because a large percentage of these encounters are in the rural areas of Brazil where media entertainment and any other osrt of outside information is sparse.

Much of South africa is well off and people do have great access to information and computers yet because many of these close encounters and sightings of UFO crashes occur in the Kalahara,a sparsely populated area in south africa,not much information manages to get out and i believe the government finds it easy to keep information quiet here.

There was a report i heard where a craft crashed in south africa near the Botswana board and afew locals reported seeing the disk shaped craft and five occupants.They also reported the place surrounded by military.

If thats not enough.Australia is one big concern.Afew crashes have been reported there,especially in the outback.Yet i dont see much of this story on the internet.

I will try to find links.Its funny how much of these crashes occur in deserts.I have a theory to suggest these beings decide to crash here to limit exposer to the locals and the army.Funny enough they make the governments job easier....

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
If thats not enough.Australia is one big concern.Afew crashes have been reported there,especially in the outback.Yet i dont see much of this story on the internet.

I do not find this matter to be concerning, unless we're refering to the idea that aliens are here in mass throughout our planet. In fact, I find it a comforting and reassuring thought that alien craft are capable of crashing. Proof of their fallibility.

It is interesting that many of these crashes seem to occur in our around deserts. Perhaps a desert environment better suits their physiology... Or maybe they just prefer to plant base in largely unpopulated areas to avoid detection.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by CloudlessKnight]

new topics

top topics

join