It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nuclear fallout bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i dont know why it exists but it has a 1000 mile range with no wind fall who knows how much with wind fall

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Text RedWhere did you read this a link would be helpful to further discussion.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
well i was doing my normal resreach and i kinda stumbled on it so im i not sure ill see if i can find it again

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Though a 1000 mile Radius is not logically realistic from just an explosion (unless theres heavy winds) There has been a long history of "fallout" bombs. Theyre called Dirty Bombs, or Salted Bombs.

The idea is to make a blanket layer of isotopes around the fission-fusion trigger, which will act as a breeding ground for highly dispursed radiactive debree. It would then, in the explosion, go airborne and radiate the radius which would destroy a field.

Certain isotypes have certain halflifes. Some, like Sodium-23 only havea halflife of around 14 hours, but is very intense the first few hours. But other isotypes, like Cobalt-59 has a halflife of over 5 years.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
this was developed by the government not slapped together by a terrorist

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i posted this in another post, maybe related to iran.

or terrorism

www.nationalterroralert.com...

and heres some more i found

en.wikipedia.org...

www.answers.com...

rex.nci.nih.gov...

www.ki4u.com... ----haha even a funny link.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by imwithstupid
this was developed by the government not slapped together by a terrorist

Salted Bombs were "made" by the government. Not officially, but the idea and implemention was tossed around alot. It's purpose was to block pathways of forward moving enemy positions, by radiating an area, and forcing the enemy to stop and go around, or back up. Infact, Leo Szilard had originally proposed the idea as a Doomsday weapon back in the early 50s.

The plans never feel through, and it sortof turned into Dirty Bomb ideas.

Remember, theres a thin line between the government and terrorists, and they usually blur easily. What the terrorists do now, is often from research done by us.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Nuclear fallout bomb = nuclear bomb

Dirty bomb = bomb with nuclear waste/materials inserted. Not as dangerous as made out to be.

There aren't any bombs with a 1000 mile range. Not even the effects of one. The effects of a nuclear bomb may have MINOR effects on places hundreds of miles away, IF the conditions are right.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
no no no these bombs were disigned to spread mass amounts not like standard nukes which are use more like conventional weapons. these have small explosion... big fallout

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by imwithstupid
no no no these bombs were disigned to spread mass amounts not like standard nukes which are use more like conventional weapons. these have small explosion... big fallout

Theyre called Salted bombs or Dirty Bombs. Like I said. Theyre small in terms of explosions, but are made to spread large ammounts of radioactive debree over a large radius.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Aren´t they called neutron bombs? And i thought they had been banned by some organisation or other.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
no neutron bombs spread no fall out and vaporize all living thing IE drop in a city biuldings are fine but all the people are gone. they were made to keep rebuilding costs down if you needed to capture a city unlike fire bombing

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Aren´t they called neutron bombs? And i thought they had been banned by some organisation or other.

No, Neutron Bombs dont supply a radiactive fallout. What they are desigend to do is to shot neutron radiation out of if in a large burst, effectively working as an anti-aircraft, armor, or missle system. The radiation has no physical debree (fallout) so ithas an extremely short halflife.

And as far as I know, theyre not banned by anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ah thankyou, they sound like pretty terrible weapons, cruel sounding weapons, sumthing a country like.......... America would use.Lol

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So imwithstupid, did you find that research for this weapon? I've been trying to dig up something, but I cant find anything. Like I said, the closest thing to a fallout bomb that the government had were salted bombs.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Ah thankyou, they sound like pretty terrible weapons, cruel sounding weapons, sumthing a country like.......... America would use.Lol

All weapons are cruel, but atleast a neutron bomb has a short halflife, and doesnt spew fallout all over the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
nah i kept finding crap about mini nukes but i can get some more from my sources sry bout that i just know they excist

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Fallout is dictated by how and where the bomb is detonated. The size of the bomb also has an effects as well.

A nuke that is detonated at ground level will dig a much larger crater than one that is airburst, hence more fallout. Also as mentioned above the addition of cobalt jackets will leave radiactive particle in the soil, dust etc for a long period of time basically poisioning the land for years. For a contemporary example look at the area around Chernobyl that is sealed off and unusable.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
the housing is made to have the fallout go out in a disc

[edit on 10-4-2006 by imwithstupid]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The USSR once had plans for a "Doomsday bomb". It was going to be built inside a massive tanker or cargo ship in which the bulk of the ship was the bomb itself. I think it was going to be more of a Dirty bomb/ nuclear weapon that would spew large amounts of radiation into the atmosphere and cover most of the planet in fallout.

They never went past the drawing board.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join