It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism Created by the CDC?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Thanks. So, everybody who has candidiasis is HIV positive? No.

Is EVERY person who has candidaiasis HIV positive? No, of course not, but candidiasis is almost exclusively found in immune compromised individuals(infants, elderly, people with advanced HIV disease,etc).

So if you do test positive you have AIDS but if you test negative have candidiasis. Im sorry but that logic seems rediculous.

Well, its not that simple. I think you have misunderstood what AIDS is. AIDS is not a disease itself, it is simply a term used to define the progress of HIV disease. Here is the definition of syndrome-"a pattern of symptoms indicative of some disease". The "symptoms" of advanced HIV disease are rare opportunistic infections. Candidiasis is one of those "symptoms"(a rare opportunistic infection).
Yes, candidiasis is an infection itself, but more importantly, it is also a symptom of other health problems. Since healthy individuals can control the growth of candida in their body, any candidiasis is a symptom/sign that an individual's immune system is somehow compromised.
So if you go to a doctor with thrush, test HIV+, and have a CD4 count below 200, your candidiasis infection was likely a result of advanced HIV infection(aka AIDS). However, if you test HIV-, you dont "just" have candidiasis, you still have some other condition that has weakened your immune system(broad spectrum antibiotics, Lupus, advanced age, etc).

Oh and another logic twist. Do 100% people who test HIV have AIDS?

No, of course not, but they will almost certainly develop it eventually if untreated. However, after 12 years of infection, 95% of untreated HIV+ individuals develop "AIDS". According to the WHO, people who are HIV sero-positive are 1100 times more likely to develop an AIDS associate illness than those who were sero-negative. Remember, the term "AIDS" is just used to describe the late stages of HIV infection and is not a disease in and of itself. Here is a good link- www.niaid.nih.gov...

Dae

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I would like to point out this article that came to my attention.

Drugs companies 'inventing diseases to boost their profits'

www.timesonline.co.uk...

By Mark Henderson, Science Correspondent

PHARMACEUTICAL companies are systematically creating diseases in order to sell more of their products, turning healthy people into patients and placing many at risk of harm, a special edition of a leading medical journal claims today.

The practice of “diseasemongering” by the drug industry is promoting non-existent illnesses or exaggerating minor ones for the sake of profits, according to a set of essays published by the open-access journal Public Library of Science Medicine.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Many, many diseases seem share the presence of candidiasis.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't include autistics typically as having rampant and advanced candidiasis.

In fact, remedying that seems to play a HUGE role in alleviating much of what is viewed as this disease called AUTISM.

Won't repair the original insult... But some might say it's a good first step.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh shoot. I gotta say it.

Chronic disease is endemic and epidemic in the world. For example, the top 5 chronic diseases - heart disease, cancer, stroke, COPD, and diabetes - cause more than two-thirds of all deaths in the USA. More than 90 million Americans are estimated to have chronic disease.

The evidence suggests most chronic diseases are related - and systemic, meaning manifestations involve a broad range of symptoms and impact different people in different ways.

IMO - the conspiracy involves treating symptoms rather than underlying disease, and Big Pharma hiding the potentials of personalized medicine in collusion with the medical insurance industry.

So the real conspiracy is more about distracting and deflecting peoples' attention away from the real problem, rather than manufacturing the problem from whole cloth.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Many, many diseases seem share the presence of candidiasis.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't include autistics typically as having rampant and advanced candidiasis.

In fact, remedying that seems to play a HUGE role in alleviating much of what is viewed as this disease called AUTISM.

Won't repair the original insult... But some might say it's a good first step.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Autistics are no more likely to develop candidiasis than anyone else. Is it possible that you are refereing to this old article?
Even that doesnt claim a candidiasis link to autism, it simply postulates that a small percentage of extreme internal cadidiasis infections are misdiagnosed as autism.

Here is a good link for a thorough explanation of candidiasis, its manifestations and treatment-Candidiasis info

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
>Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about.
I apologize Apw100. English is not my first language. You know what they say the first dozen languages are always the hardest to learn.

Let me draw you a picture...

EVERY child I have had the pleasure of helping has had 'rampant and advanced candidiasis'.

>Autistics are no more likely to develop candidiasis than anyone else.
Really? Exactly how many autistic children do you work/have you worked with?

>Is it possible that you are refereing to this old article?
No good buddy... In case in slipped your mind (from a prior post), what I'm relating to you is first hand stuff.

I hope it's not too rude of me to point out that you might be confusing some type of expertise somehow magically being extracted from 'links' with real information.

I might have ranted somewhere how the internet is almost useless, serving up mostly disinformation or confused people, in seeking real help with autism.

Thank you for your attempted help with the candidiasis thing Apw100, but there are a few things you might want to keep in mind...

The first is that the treatments your MDs referencing are much too harsh. I've spoken with many a ped and though that is the somewhat standard approach, I'm afraid those guys forgot that part in their oath of do no harm. Unfortunately, it is highly reflective of their arrogant I'm a Doctor Big Pharma magic bullet approach or in this case Me gottem really big sledgehammer.

The second is that a compromised intestinal tract is really only symptomatic of two larger problems. The first being an immune system that is in trouble. The second being that the digestive system, from the stomach on, is typically not functioning to spec.

I won't bore you with any more details, unless you're interested/have someone you are trying to get some real help to...

You want to keep in mind... it's all simple dietary adjustments and totally mild off the shelf stuff from your local health food store.

Not to mention, most of the kids at this stage are these frail crystalline looking creatures... sometimes locked in self-stimulation loops... with every imaginable aversion you could ever think of... sometimes in a place far far away.

Speaking frankly, the typical MD simply doesn't care enough or is able/wants to spend the time to map out and unravel the problems of each one of these totally distinct little human beings.

You dig what I'm saying?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join