It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Candidate for Congress Survives Strange Accident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Gary Dodds is lucky to be alive and stil in the race for a New Hampshire Congressional seat. He was apparently in a car accident Wednesday night, left the scene, wandered in a daze, swam the Bellamy River, then huddlled under pine needles for warmth until a volunteer searcher found him. By that time, he was slipping in and out of consciousness and suffering from hypothermia.

www.comcast.net
PORTSMOUTH, N.H. - A congressional hopeful wrecked his car and wandered a mile in a daze, swimming across a river and then huddling under leaves for warmth until he was found alive a day later, officials and relatives said.

Gary Dodds, 41, was taken to a hospital to be treated for hypothermia late Thursday. His wife, Cynthia, said Friday that he was doing well but has only foggy memories of his ordeal and "definitely had a good bump to the head."

Dodds crashed on the Spaulding Turnpike on Wednesday evening, but emergency workers who arrived a few minutes later found his car empty. When Dodds failed to come home or contact his family, authorities began a search by air and on foot.

Cynthia Dodds said her husband is an emergency medical technician who would normally know not to leave an accident scene.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story smells like day old trout to me.

Call me paranoid, but this guy was an EMT, and with all the training they get he would instinctively follow protocol and remain at the scene until emergency crews arrived.

Add to that this is New Hampshire and he is running to unseat a Republican, and the plot thickens noticeably.

"He had no idea how he ended up in the river."

Methinks something foul is afoot.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Having evaded an attempt to be 'accidented' myself, I am aware of this practice and the methods by which it is carried out. I have had corroboration from knowledgeable individuals as to the circumstances and conditions under which it is considered a viable practice.

I would like to find out more about the stretch of road this accident occurred on and the traffic conditions at the time of said accident.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OOOooo. Definite conspiracy possibilities here.

Any background on this guy? Is he anything like Wellstone? Ie., smart, aware, honest? Is he likely to unseat the Republican candidate? Is it a key riding?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This sure is grist for the mill here at ATS.

Missing time?
Scoop marks?
lights in the sky?

Could be political skulduggery or..... something else....
Either way, interesting...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Something foul and Dog Gone Mean is afoot! Now you know why it seems that everyone is upset but nobody's doing anything. It's PLAIN DANGEROUS!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Where's the conspiracy? He had an accident, probably hit his head hard enough to have a concussion, and was dazed to the point he wandered aimlessly. Not everything is a conspiracy my friends.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I agree totally, probably knocked senseless.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Another news article gives more background about him.

A different article questions his whereabout just prior to the accident, and almost 24 hours after the accident.

According to Dodds campaign manager Bonnie Winona, Dodds was driving from Somersworth where he had a meeting with local Democrats.

However, key Somersworth Democrats said Dodds only had one meeting planned in Somersworth Wednesday night and that meeting had been postponed.

This is not to suggest that Dodds was not in Somersworth, but it doesn’t exactly answer who he met with shortly before he disappeared.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I heard something like 99% of all Senators have a near death experience during their time serving Congress. It might not have been that high but I remember reading about some weird coincidence that they all have heart attacks, accidents, etc at some point in time.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Has anyone here been in an accident? Shock, disorrientation follow. This is not out of the ordinary, I know. Been there.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
IMO, most people who get in car accidents, and are shocked and disoriented, don't wander off over a mile, swim rivers, and cover themselves with pine needles. They stay with their vehicle until help arrives. Been there, done that.

The Spaulding Turnpike is eastern New Hampshire's major limited access North-South highway linking the Seacoast area and I-95 with Concord via US 4 and with the Lakes Region and White Mountains via NH 16.

The articles place him between mile marker 7 and the Dover toll plaza (pictured below), I'm thinking on NH 16.

Any military bases with special ops capabilities in the area?

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yep, two nearby military bases, either one could easily have special ops capabilities. One, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, services Los Angeles class subs. The other, Pease ANGB, is home to the 157th Air Refueling Wing, and if you think all they do is fly KC-135s around the world fueling jet aircraft, you better think again.

Portsmouth is the most experienced naval shipyard in submarine design, construction, modernization, and maintenance, and has a key role in the very-deep ocean submersible and special operations arenas.

link

My money is on Portsmouth, if this really was an 'accidented' accident. How much you want to bet they have a SEAL special ops team on 24 hour standby?

I'm still kind of upset about the time this almost happened to me, and all the pieces of the puzzle are in place; nearby miltary base with special ops capabilities, limited access road with light traffic and room to bring in a chopper overhead, early evening or early morning time frame to utilize haze for cover. Its eerie the similarities to my situation.

I hate to say this, but I really think Mr. Dodds needs to be thoroughly checked for implants and psychological conditioning (mind control).

I know it sounds crazy, but until you have a vehicle come out of nowhere (the sky above, maybe) and land right in front of your car with downdraft blowing up all around it, you just won't be able to relate.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

IMO, most people who get in car accidents, and are shocked and disoriented, don't wander off over a mile, swim rivers, and cover themselves with pine needles. They stay with their vehicle until help arrives. Been there, done that.

Really? I guess you have never gone into the ditch at 120kph and walked away from that. Wandered around all night, not knowing where you were, couldn't tell directions and finally found a car on a country road and slept there for a couple of hours.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sounds like an opportunity for some mind conditioning lest this guy get elected and try to actually change something in the rotten system.

Wonder if anybody saw any black choppers or a tr3-b or maybe the gray little buddies came along to do the op?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No offense intrepid, and I didn't say it never happens, just that it seems unusual, imo.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I read the articles linked here. He is painted as being
a pretty straight laced guy, but:

Is it possible that he was not that disoriented, but may have been drinking, and was just giving his liver a chance to process the felony right out of his body?
Sober up in the woods, if you will.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
even in canada, a shoe in for the liberal leadership, frank mckenna, recently pulled out of the race. a case of the carrot or the shaft, no doubt.

hopefully, honest politicians will not become an EXTINCT species, although they are certainly ENDANGERED.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
He best be careful, keep an eye open at night, and have a food taster
with him at all times.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We wernt sure if my topic was a warning.

Since it could have been a warning, I was warned that posting warnings are inappropriate.

Also the main point of my post was edited out.

I deleted my contribution to this topic because it was found to be offensive and lacking in any susbstance.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by moldmakertech]

[edit on 9-4-2006 by moldmakertech]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You can either stand up for what you believe in and point out the inconsistencies you see in the official stories around you, and suffer whatever consequences may come, or you can go along with the masses being led to slaughter.

That is of course, if you aren't part and parcel of the problem to begin with.

I don't know why you posted a piece about what happened to a rescue worker at the Oklahoma City Bombing to this thread, other than as a warning, or as a comparison to Mr. Dodds situation, but I find it inappropriate.

I will stand up and speak out, and anybody who tries to stop me will find their own hands full of more than they bargained for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join