It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabic music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey
I wanted to share some Arabic songs. I will give you a link but you must register to hear them . There would be certain songs to hear like belly dancing and all the goody good stuff. if you need any help into finding a really good song to watch , just let me know . I may not have your type but i can try. Hopefully you'll enjoy them,

If there is anY translation needed PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....

melodyhits.com...

[edit on 6-4-2006 by MsPalestinian08]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
ohhhhh thank U! I miss hearing it to be honest, now that I am no longer at home and it used to drive me insane hearing it so much at the time it truly can be beautiful music and the dancing is wonderful ... to do and to watch.

I haven't been to a wedding or dance for so long I fear I may have forgotten how to lol but know it stays in me and will forever be a part of me

I was looking around online for a bell-dancing workout type DVD to buy but none of them reached out to me as "proper" belly dancing, U know the real stuff
which I was taught when I was younger but lost interest in then, yet now I want to get back into it.

I am about to check out your link, thank U again

P.S am loving it so far, could U be so kind as to point out which are belly dancing video's ?
Ta!

[edit on 7-4-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Imjaded:
Am happy to see that you actually enjoyed it. Dancing can make u forget lots of things. As for me belly dancing is the most lol... Wedding ? Well we have lots here but i don't go much, simply because theres lots of them that i can't just keep on going since i got school and stuff anyway. Belly dancing comes from you but u can try ,Mariam fares- Some of her songs. She isn't a really good dancer but i will look for some for yea. There are other sites too. I can't stand haifa but it would probably be good to hear her music once in a while .

Shakira? She dances gooooooodddd .........Hips don't lie? Am sure you know about that song..... [They should say -Let me see you movin like you come from arabiaa..lol]......

There might be a problem with that site . ohhhhh godddddddddd
Well i will let u know soon .

[edit on 7-4-2006 by MsPalestinian08]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I like it it seems too cool to ignore.
I think that is really cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hold the phone!

Isnt Music banned in Islam ?? The only dance in Saudi Arabia was that Sword dance that the men do, more like a ritual rather than a dance. One step forward and a step back. What is this other Arab music then?

I've seen some interesting dances, like the sufi dervish and ofcourse the belly dance but the belly danceing thing is more like a tune than anything else isnt it.
In anycase its all as they say "Turkish delight" ~

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
IAF101:

LOL LOL.............Are you serious? Are all arabs muslims? LOL.....Listen , yea am a muslim but i listen to music, I shouldn't but i do because i know each punishment has its own.And for God's sake this is music ,you're going off topic..

P.S
Stop making up lies and making up history,It doesn't look too goood...

Turkish delight?? hahahahahahahahaha Good one

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes, there are a few non-muslim Arabs but their customs are so different they cannot be called Arabs(like the jews!). But then again in Turkey everything changes(I've been there also!) its totaly a different type of Islam. Music, dancing, alcohol, etc. It is more Mediterranian in influence.

Originally posted by MsPalestinian08
IAF101:
LOL.....Listen , yea am a muslim but i listen to music, I shouldn't but i do because i know each punishment has its own.And for God's sake this is music ,you're going off topic..

I though 'haram' was 'haram' is there a lesser haram and a greater haram ?
Anyway, this is not a lie. What are you talking about, its is mentioned in the Sharia I think !

Any way that Saudi Dance is real, I've seen it on TV so many times. I'll try to find a pic here:

[edit on 7-4-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You know? The little mistakes that muslims make you make them big.But the most sinnest mistakes like killing , Sex before marriage and etc. You don't try to fix that but yet you go around trying to change others and history.. You try to teach others what you can't simply teach yourself.

Belly dancing Debka.. You will always be against me even if i gave you the world you walk on, so might as well you ignore you also.

Anyway..
Does anyone know how to belly dance?
Or Debka?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
Some kinds of art:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

SaD?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-4-2006 by MsPalestinian08]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
IAF101 - not sure where U heard or read that but no music is not banned in Islam, it is widely appreciated, depending on culture ... not the religion.

I mean by looking at the women dancing around seductively as they do on the top 40 hits, it would seem a sinful thing, however not all musicians parade around as such and sing about themselves the way most of these women do lol

Keep in mind belly dancing itself is a dance, an art, meant to be performed, with passion, only for the man the woman loves ... ie: her husband.

Haifa is stunning MsPalestinian, and hails from my mother's side of the globe however I too am disappointed in her "moves" she has every opportunity to shake what her mama gave her but doesn't
very beautiful young lady though

Thank you for the links to the belly dance but I am on the look out for the REAL deal
alwas a joy to watch tho, no matter who performs it

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
IAF101 - not sure where U heard or read that but no music is not banned in Islam, it is widely appreciated, depending on culture ... not the religion.

Well, I speant 5 years in Saudi Arabia (1990 onwards) and that place is as Islamic as you could get and in Saudi Arabia music IS illegall and far from appreciated. Goes against the religion and against the Sharia.

I actually got pulled over by what they have there called " Mutawa" aka religious police for playing music in our vehicles with the windows down. They would have whipped us silly had we not been Americans, also things were going our way that day. They explained to us in the best english they could muster up that music was against the islamic way. After which we stared incredulously at this "police man", too shocked to say anything except "ko-ees" and get on our way. Later I found out that it is so serious an offense that most people get jail and/or lashes as common punishment for this.

The belly dancing, music etc that MsPalestine shows are the things that are outside Islamic purview and not tolerated in states that follow the Sharia strictly like Saudi Arabia because it isnt allowed in the Sharia. Just like alcohol isnt allowed in Islam so is music, but this doesnt mean that Muslims dont drink does it ?

Heck, in Turkey they make their own special kind of alcohol that would put vodka to shame( called RAKI, excellent! :w: ) and also have some of the best belly dancers . As for doing it only for the man they love, that was definitely in the past as today, they'll "love" anybody who's wants to have them perform.

I understand that many Arab countries are not bound by the sharia as rigidly as Saudi Arabia but most of these things are outside the purview of religion.

BTW sufism is a contradiction as the Dervish makes up a central part of this form of Islam. I dont know if you would like to call it dance and music or religious practice.

Originaly Posted by MsPalestine
The little mistakes that muslims make you make them big.But the most sinnest mistakes like killing , Sex before marriage and etc. You don't try to fix that but yet you go around trying to change others and history

I wasnt pointing any fingers at muslims was I ? Just pointing out that music is not tolerated in Islamic culture, thats all.

Sex before marriage !? You must be joking here if you are going to tell me that Arab girls dont have sex before marriage! Contrary to what you imagine, just because they wear a hijab doesnt mean they are angels of virtue and I can vouch for this.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is soooooooooooooooooo cutee.......
You should alll watch this. tell me what you think.............

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Does Bhangra drum and bass count? That style is absolutely jumping! I can't get enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would advise you to put IAF101 on ignore. My life here is so much better without him

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Me? Or someone else in the thread? I just wanted to mention Bhangra d&b! It's more an India and Pakistan music - so there's a Bollywood influence as well as the Arabic music. I don't know if it has a name, sometimes it gets called 'crasian'.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I actually like traditional middle eastern music. There is a certain hypnotic quality to it. Its quite magical, and sounds even cooler when put to a metal song.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe some of you can help me - I'm trying to find an artist called Chameaux really not sure of the spelling but it's pronounced 'shamoo' - ish.

She (?) makes Arabic sorta trance stuff and I think she's Morrocan, great voice. Heard it once in a spanish bar run by lesbians (that may not be relevant but JIC) and thought ' no worries I'll remember the name' but 3 beers later ....

any clues?

cheers

S

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wonder if there are arabic metal bands. I have songs from 1 israeli metal band and they do use middle eastern influences and that sounds actually rather good.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I like arabic music, it's very close to Bollywood music. There is this girl whose songs I like and right now I can't remember her name for the life of me. If any of you have B4UTV or B4UMusic channels, her song is in heavy rotation.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hey, can you upload them again please?

top topics

join