It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New rings discovered around Uranus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In all seriousnessness, here's a little article...still looking for more.

apnews1.iwon.com...

Scientists discovered two rings one blue/one red circling the planet...still no klingons found around uranus but hey one step closer.

I bet it looks real cool though, maybe they can swing hubble around to view it or something.

Happy reading.

Spiderj

MOD EDIT: Tweaking the title to be more accurrate.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm surprised they didn't discover this sooner but it is cool as hell. I'd love to see the pics of the rings around Uranus.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Actually, wev'e known about Uranus having rings around it for years due to the Voyager fly-bys.Rings around Uranus
What is interesting is the blue color of the outermost ring which seems to be a rare occurance. I am giving you another source other than the iwon source that you gave since it makes a user go through some hoops to get to the article. Here is is from Space.com

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

'm sorry, I couldn't resist putting it like that.

Trust me crakeur I understand. Can't tell you how many brown ring jokes shot through my head.

Thanks for the links kenshiro. The space.com one is especially good, pointing out that saturn is the only other planet with a blue ring.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another example of how little we know about our own solar system.
Good find Spiderj.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
is the blue ring thing really that uncommon? two of nine planets in this solar system have a blue ring. that makes 22% of the planets in this system and of the ringed planets, 100% of them have a blue ring. although, I have no clue about astronomy other than the ability to point upwards and say to my daughter "those are stars" so there might be other planets in our system with rings, besides saturn and uranus. If so, allow me to quote Emily Litella and simply say "never mind"

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All the gas giants have rings and only two are known to have blue rings.

top topics

join