It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans weaponary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Seems to me we have some 'Easterners' arguing and actually disturbing the peace of this forum. This site is here to discuss conspiracys and current world debates (or so it seems).

When I look through the forums I really do not appreciate a jumped up little man thinking he is big or intelligent causing deliberate friction between the East and the West. Just attacking a member for the possiblitiy of being an American and showing dislike shows a certain arrogance thaqt is not needed in a site such as this. Please take your self obsessed and arrogant views elsewhere. No names mentioned (Cough: Peruvian Monk). Please do not wish war on other countries, although it may be unavoidable it really isn't something to wish either.

If we judged each other personally instead of by which country we are from i'm sure we'd all get on like a house on fire.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That`s very true, but Americans just piss me off when they don`t open there eyes. Iran will supply the knowledge and raw materials to make a bomb, I don`t care about american lives becasue you are the agressor if you didnt attack then no one would get killed.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
'I am' the agressor? And how is that?

It seems to me you've been eating your daily bowl of propoganda. You were the one who created the post and i'm sure you did to cause friction within the thread.

At the end of the day and this is IMO. If there was a war i'm almost 100% Iran would be wiped off the map. And these threats of a nuclear bomb are rubbish.. all hyped up to make themselves percieved to be more powerful. If 'you' had them we would know about it by now.. i'm sure you don't. And i'm sure the technology isn't quite there either yet.

This is all in my own opinion.

One more thing.. DO NOT wish the lives of others away, no matter how angry you are at comments.. replying only shows your own ignorance and sorry to say it but lack of intelligence. It is highly wrong and i'm sure it is against the rules of the forum in some way.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Knights]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Shut up a yer mouth, im not wioshing any ones life away i just wont give a # when it happens, you muppet

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And i'm sure with such an attitude MANY people will think the same of you. This world in it's current state really does not not need immature, ignorant and in general idiotic attitudes.

Good day.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
aircraft can bomb a country , tank can crush a country but it takes boots on teh ground to take and hold a country.

if any action takes place in iran then it has to have boots on the gorund.

“Holding” a country, yes. However this is not necessarily true concerning any possible bombing of Iran as she is already 'contained'...surrounded by “boots”.

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Shut up a yer mouth, im not wioshing any ones life away i just wont give a # when it happens, you muppet

And….

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
That`s very true, but Americans just piss me off when they don`t open there eyes. Iran will supply the knowledge and raw materials to make a bomb, I don`t care about american lives…

Nice.

mg

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A brief caveat to our Iranian readers. It should be noted that all these are BEFORE pictures. For AFTER pictures.... please refer to the Germans and the Japanese.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well...Iran does have some fancy weapons, not likely indigenous I must say but rather...copied, from the Motherland and China...and yes, if any war does happen, the US...as greedy as it is (Iraq) will try to put it's hand on the must I say, VERY big oil deposits Iran has...besides the strategic position just nearby an antagonist...(Russia), my point being why not? Why bomb into the dust someone when you can as well take over? I now it's bad, and the US already has it's hands full in Iraq (despite what some may say) and the US is already taking more than enough from Iraq (and sadly paying for that with lives) has this stopped them before? More than enough? for the US, never! So all this talk about a fierce guerilla war and more cassualties...well, my humble opinion, but they might not restrain themselves on the carnage, like they did on Iraq (or say the did, "accidentally" bombing houses and markets) so my guess is Iran will end up more beat up than Iraq, since now they might have actually a "real" motif...the real question is...after all the carnage and destruction, will they find this time something? or again...intelligence failures?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Where is the evidence that Iran has any advanced weaponry? It seems to me that all this rumour is based on mere rhetoric and wishful thinking to appease the mob and make the Iranian regime sound tough. Super-fast torpedoes are headline grabbing, but in reality if Iran wanted to cause problems they would use mines which are nicely low-tech, but would disrupt marine traffic in the Persian Gulf very significantly.

It seems to me that Iran thinks that just because they have managed to buy-in some nuclear technologies they have somehow become a technological marvel which is able to manufacture advanced military kit at will. Sadly the Iranians show their true colours when at military parades they show their latest low-tech offering to the world in the form of the Special Unit of Martyr Seekers which are good old fashioned suicide bombers who have had their heads filled with poison dressed up as religion.

The fact is that Iran is a third world nation run by a bunch of lunatics. Iran may have a sea of oil, but that is all. The average Iranian is pretty poor – just like the average citizen in most of the rest of the Middle East. Iran is oil dependent and does not have anything that can be remotely classified as an advanced economy.

The Iranian air force is small, comprising a handful of old F-14As, some MiG-29s and Su24MKs. They also have handfuls of F-4s, F-5s, F-6s, Mirage F1s and Su20/22. This air force would be taken to pieces in any conflict with a First World opponent and compares poorly with the neighbouring air forces such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey and would have problems contending with Pakistan and even Turkmenistan.

So, perhaps the question is “why is Iran’s technological capability being exaggerated”. The answer is simply because Iran has a gullible audience who like to think that the US can be bettered, but that’s ignorance for you. Showing off to “the converted” is just politics.

Regards

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
talks between the TEHRAN and the MOSCOW have been well documented for quiet some time now over the sell and purchase of advanced weapons.

despite international pressure and protest by the EU and US, a deal was reached and signed between the two at the end 05 for TEHRAN to buy of weapons from the KERLIN. (the biggest sale of RUSSIAN hardware to TEHRAN in about 5 years).

the deal is to include such weapons as the TOR-M1 missile system, the ZRK S-300SP missile system, and the PECHORA-2A missile system, are all "highly capable" and very advance even to "western standards"

an example
the PECHORA-2A is the modernized version of the S-12A(and note that it was an SERBIAN S-12A that brought down a US F-117 in 1999)

several reports already confirm that around 25+ TOR-M1s are slated to be delivery by the second half of 06 and well into 07 at an est. cost of $1 billion(US)

[edit on 18-4-2006 by LAWNMOWERMAN]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
They have T-72 soviet tanks, which were probably purchased post 1992, and are on par with the retired US M 60 tank. They have FROG missle launchers, which launch short range balistic missles that have the ability to carry NBC warheads and penetrate targets within the middle east. They also have an assortment of BPM armored personnel carriers, which are far inferior to the US M2 Bradley APC as well as the Striker combat vehicle. They will have a variety of mostly inaccurate artillery peices, ranging from 80-130mm......They have also have a 70s-80s era air force, mostly composed of soviet mig fighters. They also appear to have a brown water navy, with limited defense capabilities which will be run over like a chiuahuah in front of a semi.

As for the individual soldier, he will be poorly trained, armed with an AK 47 or PK series machine gun, or perhaps an SKS depending on his skills. They will also be armed with RPGs organized in hunter killer teams to try to defeat our armor. No match for our individual soldiers.
In fact, many of them will give up as the assault begins, due to the weak levels of faith in Iran's government amongst the people of Iran(but that aint what gets reported on CNN!)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join