It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Predicts Human Time Travel This Century

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Grandfather paradox is not what I'm talking about. I'm asking if our universe is the result of time travel from another universe. No grandfathers involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Every time I think I understand these time travel theories, then my brain just starts thinking more and more and MORE. I dont know what to think of it sometimes? The whole "grandfather parodox" just dosnt make sence to me. Sure, I understand it, but it just dosnt seem like it would be possible for that to happen. If it was a single timeline, then it would be impossible to pull that off. You wouldnt even be born into the world to travel back in time becasue your future self killed you and your grandfather!?!??!!?

Now if you look at it in a multiple timeline/dimension(ex. Titor), then it could be possible, but it opens the window up to an INFINITE amount of possibilities. Think of it like this; if there are an infinite dimensions/timelines that go forward and backward in time and space, with an infinite amount of possible outcomes to ANYTHING, that means not only is there an infinite amount of outcomes to every situation/outcome, but an infinite amount of "you". When I say an infinite amount of "you", I mean, in one timeline you were born blind, one you lost an arm, one VERY similar to you, and hell, one where you are a cat...why not, anything is possible when it become infinite!?!?!??!!?

Thats why I have a hard time with this whole time travel thing. It would appear impossible to travel before the machine was built in a single timeline, while it would seem like your body can take on any form with a multiple timeline. Does anybody get what I'm trying to say? It just seem a little to far fetched to be sending a large enough mass forward or back into time. Sure, maybe we will figure it all out with a particle here and there, but a large mass dosnt sound like it can be done.

<< 1  2   >>

join